Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBS's Joe Hall .... Shafted ?
A 6 foot 4 inch BIG man for JBS. A senior leader, and the BENCH Cpt. I never see him in... SHAFTED ??
Is he the big guy that sets on the bench and got in for a few minutes against KCC?
He is not the only one.
It is kinda hard to tell if someone is shafted from a one sentence post. How does he do in practice? Does he show up early and stay late? Does he work his tail off in practice? To many questions that only someone who watches them EVERY day, not just game day to answer a question like that.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Havent been to practice to watch but he has been on the bench since grade school as far as i know. I can say he is a good kid for sure, and just being on the team for that long should surely account for something.
pickandroll Wrote:A 6 foot 4 inch BIG man for JBS. A senior leader, and the BENCH Cpt. I never see him in... SHAFTED ??
JBS is a top 20 rated team in the state. They seem to be doing pretty good so far this season with the decisions by the coaches on who plays. What's your point? It sounds a little selfish to me.
If he is good enough to help the team then he will get to play. Otherwise they sit on the bench.:confused:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:JBS is a top 20 rated team in the state. They seem to be doing pretty good so far this season with the decisions by the coaches on who plays. What's your point? It sounds a little selfish to me.
You must not know the coaches then. He's not a Stepp, Plain and Simple.:redboxer:
RavenBoy Wrote:You must not know the coaches then. He's not a Stepp, Plain and Simple.:redboxer:
I don't care what his name is. You guys beat this "Stepp" thing into the ground. The team is winning!!! Isn't that what they practice for? Their only loss is by 10 or so to the 3rd ranked team in the state. Would you sacrafice the chemistry of the team and lose games just to keep a friend or parents happy that someone gets more playing time?Rolleyes Allow the coaches to do their job, whether their name is Stepp, Ladder, or Bridge!
Good post Lookayanner!! I completely agree.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Allow the coaches to do their job, whether their name is Stepp, Ladder, or Bridge!
I like that one Smile
But if thats the case then why are people mad at Billy G. He says its all about how hard you practice and I believe that, but some people are already trying to get rid of him.
RavenBoy Wrote:I like that one Smile
But if thats the case then why are people mad at Billy G. He says its all about how hard you practice and I believe that, but some people are already trying to get rid of him.
June Buchanan is winning.
UK isn't.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:June Buchanan is winning.
UK isn't.
Good Point there. Maybe they could be better if they played him more often and maybe they would have won against Lex. Cath. we will never know. Samething goes with that Garrison kid.
RavenBoy Wrote:Good Point there. Maybe they could be better if they played him more often and maybe they would have won against Lex. Cath. we will never know. Samething goes with that Garrison kid.
I watched the JBS-Catholic game on TV. LexCath was just too quick and deep for JBS. They did well to play as close as they did. I think the coaches tried to counter the Lexcath speed with the lineup they played. That said, I don't think there's an Eastern Kentucky team that wouldn't have trouble with LexCath, including Elliott County and Shelby Valley. I think JBS represented the mountains fairly well.
If he is not happy then why sit on the bench all those years?
Chuck Taylor Wrote:If he is not happy then why sit on the bench all those years?
No clue on that one.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:If he is not happy then why sit on the bench all those years?
This post is nothing more than the thread starter trying to start something once again to make people dislike JBS.
RavenBoy Wrote:You must not know the coaches then. He's not a Stepp, Plain and Simple.:redboxer:

I was going to say it, but you beat me to it.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I watched the JBS-Catholic game on TV. LexCath was just too quick and deep for JBS. They did well to play as close as they did. I think the coaches tried to counter the Lexcath speed with the lineup they played. That said, I don't think there's an Eastern Kentucky team that wouldn't have trouble with LexCath, including Elliott County and Shelby Valley. I think JBS represented the mountains fairly well.

Ive seen jbs play many times and this was not their best game. Several of their players were having an off night. I cant help but believe that a rematch could possibly yeild a different outcome. Not to take away from lex. cath. they definately had a great team and beat us in what i thought was a fairly called game.
pickandroll Wrote:A 6 foot 4 inch BIG man for JBS. A senior leader, and the BENCH Cpt. I never see him in... SHAFTED ??

He is a good kid, very strong. There are just better players on that team.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't care what his name is. You guys beat this "Stepp" thing into the ground. The team is winning!!! Isn't that what they practice for? Their only loss is by 10 or so to the 3rd ranked team in the state. Would you sacrafice the chemistry of the team and lose games just to keep a friend or parents happy that someone gets more playing time?Rolleyes Allow the coaches to do their job, whether their name is Stepp, Ladder, or Bridge!
Well thank you LOOKAYANNER I could have not of quote this no better.:Cheerlead
That is all that needs to be said. Cox wouldn't see the floor if they didn't have to play 5 players.
:lmao:
The team is WAY too talented..for him....way to talented.
I'm not from the mountains but I do appreciate good teams. JBS is a good team. Love them or hate them I don't care but all these JBS hating posts have got to stop. Clean up your posts and do not mention any players by name in a derogatory way. If you do your post will be deleted and an infraction will be given. These are high school kids we are talking about.
JOBAKKA Wrote:That is all that needs to be said. Cox wouldn't see the floor if they didn't have to play 5 players.
:lmao:
If the situation is as you have said then why does the above mentioned player stay at JBS? There were rumors he was leaving but he did not. Apparently it is not as bad as you want others to think.
JBS is a very talented team. That would be a tough line up to crack. IMO, if the kid isn't getting to play he needs to do one of a couple things in order to handle this situation in a positive way.
1. Practice & work harder (put in some extra hours in the gym). This will only make him better and help the team at the same time.
2. Talk to his coach and see what he needs to do in order to improve 1st & find out where he stands, as far as playing time goes. Then go from there.
3. Take a good look at his self and see how committed he is to this team. JBS stands a good chance of going to the state tournament & playing at Rupp Arena. Most kids would love to be on a team that done that!

IMO, I can't see the coaches not playing someone who they think would help.

Now, on the other hand, people always have options, so if he wants to handle the situation in a negative way here are some things he could do.
1. Start bad mouthing the coaching staff and teammates to anyone who will listen, because of how bad he feels they have treated him. Maybe this will work but I doubt it! What it will do is maybe cause some problems for a very good team.
2. Get mommy & daddy involved and try to pay off, threaten, or scare the coach into playing him. Sometimes coaches don't have any gutts and will fold to mommy's & daddy's pressure, especially when they think have influence, or they feel they owe the parents something. This works more than most people know! IMO, I don't see this happening to coach Stepp at JBS --- maybe if he where at some other school but not to him at JBS!
3. Get mommy & daddy involved and try to pay off, threaten, or scare the principal into influencing the coach into playing him (which also works more than most people know because a coach is only as good as the principal). If a principal is not willing to support a coach with parents then the coach is DEAD in the water! Don't see this happening either because the Stepp's probably had a hand in hiring the principal at JBS

IMO, I don't think any of the negatives will work.

If I was this kid I'd go the positive route! Look everyone knows JBS & ALC are run by the Stepps. You know this before you ever enroll at either place. If you don't like any of my suggestions then transfer! Hope I was helpful --- Just my opinio!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:JBS is a very talented team. That would be a tough line up to crack. IMO, if the kid isn't getting to play he needs to do one of a couple things in order to handle this situation in a positive way.
1. Practice & work harder (put in some extra hours in the gym). This will only make him better and help the team at the same time.
2. Talk to his coach and see what he needs to do in order to improve 1st & find out where he stands, as far as playing time goes. Then go from there.
3. Take a good look at his self and see how committed he is to this team. JBS stands a good chance of going to the state tournament & playing at Rupp Arena. Most kids would love to be on a team that done that!

IMO, I can't see the coaches not playing someone who they think would help.

Now, on the other hand, people always have options, so if he wants to handle the situation in a negative way here are some things he could do.
1. Start bad mouthing the coaching staff and teammates to anyone who will listen, because of how bad he feels they have treated him. Maybe this will work but I doubt it! What it will do is maybe cause some problems for a very good team.
2. Get mommy & daddy involved and try to pay off, threaten, or scare the coach into playing him. Sometimes coaches don't have any gutts and will fold to mommy's & daddy's pressure, especially when they think have influence, or they feel they owe the parents something. This works more than most people know! IMO, I don't see this happening to coach Stepp at JBS --- maybe if he where at some other school but not to him at JBS!
3. Get mommy & daddy involved and try to pay off, threaten, or scare the principal into influencing the coach into playing him (which also works more than most people know because a coach is only as good as the principal). If a principal is not willing to support a coach with parents then the coach is DEAD in the water! Don't see this happening either because the Stepp's probably had a hand in hiring the principal at JBS

IMO, I don't think any of the negatives will work.

If I was this kid I'd go the positive route! Look everyone knows JBS & ALC are run by the Stepps. You know this before you ever enroll at either place. If you don't like any of my suggestions then transfer! Hope I was helpful --- Just my opinio!

Very well thought out post:thumpsup: . I agree with what you say.
Too many times parents, bad principals (and other administrators) run off good coaches. It happens too often.
uk96 Wrote:This post is nothing more than the thread starter trying to start something once again to make people dislike JBS.

What do you mean make?

I know? When JBS is up 20 points and it's the end of the game you still don't see him. this is a kid that has give his high school career to JBS and he get's nothing. Some people have to get those last few points even thought they are up by 20.
Things I have to question about this origional post is that when JBS has Garrison, 6'4" isnt considered a "BIG" man, unless he is overweight. Second, "senior leader", a senior isnt always a leader. You can have better leaders as freshmen than seniors. Third, what is a "BENCH Cpt"? I have never heard of a bench caption before. But on the other hand, maybe that is why he doesnt play, who would control the bench if he wasnt there?

It kinda sounds to me like you are trying to get playing time or people asking why he isnt playing more. Any personal reasons that you didnt mention?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.