Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forest Park 56 - Prestonsburg 50
Forest Park comes away with a good victory playing the home team and yet another poor officiating game not sure on stats but Clark played well also throw in G-Nat Stephens played tough on the inside Hall had 6 very rare.For Forest Park there #15 come away with tourney MVP he shot a very good game I would like to Congrats Bruins on a nice victory.
Congrats FP, Good effort Blackcats closer than a lot of thought!
Yeah in the first half Prestonsburg outplayed FP and shouldve had a bigger lead going into halftime but a couple of mistakes prevented that...FP came out strong in the secound half and took the lead and never looked back...Prestonsburg could have easily taken the victory but all in all they had a good effort...by the way #15 shot the lights out...how many points did he have?
I think that he had around 27 or 28 pts.Very good game.
Prestonsburg played a really good game in the first half, but Forest Park made some changes in the second half. Prestonsburg had there chances to win this one but failed to convert when needed. Taylor Clark played an outstanding game and so did Nathaniel Stephens... Congrats Bruins!

BTW I thought it was a faired called game, because there was only a combined 5 fouls in the second half, so maybe someone needs there basketball IQ checked again.
Thats surprises me that pburg kept it that close since hall had a rare performance with just 6 points.
Congrats Blackcats on a hard fought game. FP players were very polite and well mannered young men.
Prestonsburg had no buisness in the finals they road the refs past jackson and lawrence , championship game was between cordia and forest park. prestonsburg is terrible
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg played a really good game in the first half, but Forest Park made some changes in the second half. Prestonsburg had there chances to win this one but failed to convert when needed. Taylor Clark played an outstanding game and so did Nathaniel Stephens... Congrats Bruins!

BTW I thought it was a faired called game, because there was only a combined 5 fouls in the second half, so maybe someone needs there basketball IQ checked again.

Lopsided fouls don't necessarily mean anything. I think AC had 9 team fouls in the second half while Jackson City had only 2 or 3. But AC came out on top by 25.
Fouls that aren't called, walks that aren't called and even missed out of bounds calls can all change the outcome of a close game. I'm not saying that this happened- to be honest I didn't watch this game. But an equal number of fouls called on 2 teams-- doesn't mean much.
Pburg should have won this one but a few mistakes late cost them the game. All in all they played great though. But congrats F.P on the win and #15 on the mvp.
Norm Stewert Wrote:Prestonsburg had no buisness in the finals they road the refs past jackson and lawrence , championship game was between cordia and forest park. prestonsburg is terrible

Yea from wat ive heard, the refs were for Pburg the whole way, Lawrence was hosed, the same way cordia was, and i agree that the championship game was between Cordia and Forest park, best game i saw there the whole tournament.
Norm Stewert Wrote:Prestonsburg had no buisness in the finals they road the refs past jackson and lawrence , championship game was between cordia and forest park. prestonsburg is terrible
The refs didnt help them in and way shape or form againt Jackson City or Lawrence. They just flat out outplayed both of them. And for you to say Pburg is terrible is just wrong, they gave F.P all they could handle and should have won the championship.
Im sorry i shouldnt have blamed the refs your right i just really wanted to see cordia win it and i thought that the brackets could have been layed out a little better. Once again my bad im sorry. Congrats Pburg on a hard faught game and to all the teams in the tourney
Lion Crazy Wrote:Yea from wat ive heard, the refs were for Pburg the whole way, Lawrence was hosed, the same way cordia was, and i agree that the championship game was between Cordia and Forest park, best game i saw there the whole tournament.
You heard wrong. Refs can make a difference when it is a few points separating teams. But Pburg beat J.C by 10 and beat Lawrence by 16. Refs had nothing to do with those games.
Man im jus sayin, refs can make a difference in a tight game, they are the ones who can make a call that can change a game completely around...So it doesnt matter how many points a team is up or down, one call by a ref can change everything.

Prestonsburg must not be too bad if FP only beat them by 6.

This is Prestonsburg tournament, duh, they are going to lay the brackets out so they can get to the finals. Every school that hosts a tournament does that!!!

Ref's can & do make a difference in the game. For one, the way they call --- are they letting them play, or calling everything. Second, are they consistant, good or bad, do they make the same calls througout the course of the game. Or do they call it once & let it go the next time. Third, lets face it some ref's are just terrribe and don't have a clue. They don't allow players to get into a flow on the court. Next, ref's are human, and humans hold grudges. If a coach or player shows a ref up, they tend to not like that & will usually make you pay for it in the long run. And finally, who rates them at the end of the year --- if 15th region ref's called this tournament (& I don't know who called) then 15th region teams will get the breaks because 15th region coaches rate those officials at the end of the year. It's the same way everywhere. If Cordia hosted a tournament at their place and played teams from outside the 14th then Cordia would get the breaks, for the same reasons I just mentioned above. That's just life in high school sports, I don't agree with, but thats the way it is!

There are good, quality, honest officials out there, but IMO, it's getting fewer and farther between them.
Congrats FP.
Prestonsburg really impessed me and played well they should have won
Going by the 3 games I saw Prestonsburg play, they need to start running their offense through Nat Stephens. He is a BIG athletic center that anyone in the 15th will have problems with. Early on in the game Prestonsburg did this and they were successful scoring the basketball but as the game went on they resorted back to their old ways of just jacking up dumb shots.

I will say that I was impressed how hard they all play and how they improved every game I watched in this tourney. Hopefully they will build off of this tourney and make some noise in the 58th. And they don't need one single person to score 20 a game for them to do so.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:This is Prestonsburg tournament, duh, they are going to lay the brackets out so they can get to the finals. Every school that hosts a tournament does that!!!

Jackson City and Drew Davidson gave the Blackcats all they could handle for an opening round game in their own tournament. If JC hadn't ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and had 2 players foul out, the Tigers would've pulled it out.
This was a very well played game by the blackcats. They just had a few mistakes in crucial parts of the game that messed them over. FP is a great teamand deserves alot of crdit. Good tourney Blackcats and congrats FP.
Congrats Forest Park.....sounds like it was a good game...