Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Games Rescheduled: Week of September 27th
I just wanted to start this thread as I have seen a handful of games moving days this week. I wanted this so everyone would have a place to look with the tropical rains looking to hit this Friday...

Wayne Co @ Taylor Co has been moved to Thursday Night and will be played at Taylor Co Middle School.

Add to this as you see them!
[-] The following 2 users Like Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Bull got out!, Landsten88
Add Paducah Tilghman and Allen County- Scottsville to this list. Game moved to Thursday Night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Bull got out!
North Hardin and Bullitt East game moved to Thursday.
Campbellsville and Bethlehem Thursday Night game.
Scott County @ Collins 

New date and kickoff time

Thursday, September 26th

8 PM kickoff.
Ridiculous. The next thing is we'll start seeing schools cancel for Friday. Especially with many of them having fall break next week - nothing like some rain in the forecast to prompt them to add a day to the vacation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Glory_Days
(09-26-2024, 07:55 AM)know1 Wrote: Ridiculous. The next thing is we'll start seeing schools cancel for Friday. Especially with many of them having fall break next week - nothing like some rain in the forecast to prompt them to add a day to the vacation.
There are possibilities of 50-70 mph winds on Friday in KY and a ridiculous amount of rainfall as the storm stalls out over the state. Flooding and wind damage is a huge concern. If the forecast holds, more games will reschedule and they should.
[-] The following 5 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bluecat, DangerMouse, Gitback Coach, i82much
(09-26-2024, 07:55 AM)know1 Wrote: Ridiculous. The next thing is we'll start seeing schools cancel for Friday. Especially with many of them having fall break next week - nothing like some rain in the forecast to prompt them to add a day to the vacation.

LOL, there are military bases not far from Kentucky that are "canceling classes" during the storm. As always, weather is hit and miss, will there be systems that cancel and then the weather ends up not as impactful as they thought? Sure, but the reason for cancellation won't be to extend fall break another day. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
If the forecast holds true and it does what they're saying, liable to get pretty rough in these parts in regards to flooding. Everyone's awareness is much more heightened now since the floods from 2 years ago. It's a tough situation for schools to be in, don't cancel them and take the risk of people not being able to get back home or even to the game due to flooding issues, cancel it and everyone loses their mind, Pburg-BL for example, big time game w/ big time implications.

LIke it's already been said, weather is definitely hit & miss, sometimes they get it right and sometimes they get it wrong, I'm all for rain & wind true football weather, just have to be aware for the potential for flooding, that's always been one of my biggest worries, being in Floyd Co and going through several in my life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • AgentOrange
Well for Friday, I'm seeing a forecast of 1.5-2 inches of rain with winds up to 30mph. Winds during the evening hours (game times) are more like 20mph or less.

I'm not trying to say that people shouldn't be concerned with flooding, but it doesn't look overly bad to me. The forecast could change, though.
(09-26-2024, 11:05 AM)know1 Wrote: Well for Friday, I'm seeing a forecast of 1.5-2 inches of rain with winds up to 30mph. Winds during the evening hours (game times) are more like 20mph or less.

I'm not trying to say that people shouldn't be concerned with flooding, but it doesn't look overly bad to me. The forecast could change, though.

Sure hope it holds off, weather is so unpredictable around here anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • know1
East Carter vs. West Carter has been moved to Saturday, September 28th.
Floyd Central was set to take on Pike Central at PCC.

Game has been moved to Floyd Central now due to poor field conditions at Pike Central. Game still scheduled for 7:30 Friday night.
Why should Hazard bother to come to Corbin? Stay home and take the team to Mr Gatti's and then watch a movie. That would be time better spent. Probably no serious injures at Mr Gatti's, either.
not looking good for games east of 75 tomorrow
(09-26-2024, 04:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why should Hazard bother to come to Corbin?  Stay home and take the team to Mr Gatti's and then watch a movie. That would be time better spent. Probably no serious injures at Mr Gatti's, either

Flying air hockey puck to the face may sting a little!
(09-26-2024, 04:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why should Hazard bother to come to Corbin?  Stay home and take the team to Mr Gatti's and then watch a movie. That would be time better spent. Probably no serious injures at Mr Gatti's, either.
You never know, someone could slip on a piece of pizza someone dropped on the floor, and break a leg!  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • The 99
Looks like Pikeville vs. Harlan has been canceled.
Any word on Boyle VS Catholic
Trinity / St. Xavier will be played 5:30 Saturday at St. Xavier instead of L&N field.
Boyle VS Catholic Has Been Moved to 8:30
Lawrence Co at Estill Co has been moved to Saturday 9/28, 7:30.
Magoffin County at Belfry rescheduled for 9-28 at 6PM.
Paintsville @ Leslie Co canceled for tonight.
(09-27-2024, 02:50 PM)-STAT- Wrote: Paintsville @ Leslie Co canceled for tonight.
Rescheduled for 12pm on Saturday in Paintsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FoosBall 2019's post:
  • -STAT-

You always come through with a stupid comment. People are drowning.
(09-26-2024, 04:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why should Hazard bother to come to Corbin?  Stay home and take the team to Mr Gatti's and then watch a movie. That would be time better spent. Probably no serious injures at Mr Gatti's, either.

That's actually a good idea, if you like Gatti's.
Any good games on TV tonight? I need some entertainment while I sit home in the dry.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-27-2024, 07:13 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Any good games on TV tonight? I need some entertainment while I sit home in the dry.

Streams for Tonight (bluegrassrivals.com)
(09-27-2024, 07:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-27-2024, 07:13 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Any good games on TV tonight? I need some entertainment while I sit home in the dry.

Streams for Tonight (bluegrassrivals.com)

Thank you Smile . I'm a little slow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!