Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOGUS Rule
i just wished hed give it up, its just a rule, get over it, he isnt gunna change anything by arguing and trying to say everyone is proving his point, just give it up, the game is over now.
vundy33 Wrote:**** man you are as hard-headed as it gets...should the coach even be aloud to be in the game if you think that he should not play ANY part in the game?

Funny when you insult me but avoid my point that he's the coach, and he coaches his players on what to do, not do it himself.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I didn't insult you and I didn't avoid your point...IMO it's not even a point, if the coach isn't going to be aloud to play any part in the game then he shouldn't even be there. Are you happy with that scenario?
vundy33 Wrote:I didn't insult you and I didn't avoid your point...IMO it's not even a point, if the coach isn't going to be aloud to play any part in the game then he shouldn't even be there. Are you happy with that scenario?
A coach instructs his players what to do and instructs them on how to play the game and what to do in certain situations, NOT to do it for them, which calling a timeout is part of playing the game.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Theres nothing for me to say exept that your wrong...the coach was meant to have a part in the game...point blank. Someone else Is going to have to take over trying to explain to this idiot..I'm done.
vundy33 Wrote:Theres nothing for me to say exept that your wrong...the coach was meant to have a part in the game...point blank. Someone else Is going to have to take over trying to explain to this idiot..I'm done.

NO, YOU WON'T ANSWER BECAUSE YOU CAN'T, A COACH IS MEANT TO COACH THE GAME, NOT TO DO STUFF FOR THE PLAYERS ON THE COURT.

And you call me the idiot.
What is any difference between the Coach ACTUALLY calling the time out and the coach telling a player to call time out? I only seen few situations where the player wasn't smart enough to notice the coach's requests from a sideline in a time situation. I do agree with some posters: The Coach does have the ability to call time out...why...because he does! (I don't know why.).
vundy33 Wrote:**** man you are as hard-headed as it gets...should the coach even be aloud to be in the game if you think that he should not play ANY part in the game?

The coach is an intrical part of the TEAM. It is a team, there may be 5 players on the court at any one time by the players are watching from the bench and the coaches are watching and they are there to assist the 5 on the floor. Should the players just substitute when they want as well and just call time out when they want some water? The coach is there to MANAGE the game and if requires a time out and he has managed to keep some available to use then use them and save a turnover. TEAM sport including the coaches.
The point I would make is, he can call the timeout. Thats all there is to it. It's the rule. Maybe he should be able to maybe he shouldn't but it's the rule and we have to live with it. And even if a coaches job is to teach to players what to do, maybe he can have some more responsibility and be allowed to do some things on his own (for example: call a time out). And another point, if the coach wasn't allowed to call timeouts then I would suggest that you take away coach's Technical since they aren't a part of the Game.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The point I would make is, he can call the timeout. Thats all there is to it. It's the rule. Maybe he should be able to maybe he shouldn't but it's the rule and we have to live with it. And even if a coaches job is to teach to players what to do, maybe he can have some more responsibility and be allowed to do some things on his own (for example: call a time out). And another point, if the coach wasn't allowed to call timeouts then I would suggest that you take away coach's Technical since they aren't a part of the Game.

A technical is called on a coach when a coach is interfering with the game, which is exactly why the technical is needed.
A coaches job is to manipulate the game from the sidelines to his advantage. He can use timeouts to do that !!!! simple.

Thread needs to be closed --- IMO, if someone doesn't get it it by now, they aren't going to get it.

I guess you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it understand how to drink Smile
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:A coaches job is to manipulate the game from the sidelines to his advantage. He can use timeouts to do that !!!! simple.

Thread needs to be closed --- IMO, if someone doesn't get it it by now, they aren't going to get it.

I guess you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it understand how to drink Smile
I thought the object of high school basketball was to teach kids to be competitive and how to win games, not to do it for them..........