Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt head coaching job
Word around the rumor mill is breathitt is hiring head coach Keith combs to leave hazard and to take over there. Any word floating around J-town about this?
I have heard of some rumblings at Perry and heard some very influential people are trying to get the old Coach Campbell back. Could Ratliff go to Jackson? Can’t see Coach Combs with his medical profession driving back and forth onto Jackson every day and with Mallory being a Senior. Breathitt will find them a quality coach.
(07-18-2024, 10:59 AM)Medusa Wrote: I have heard of some rumblings at Perry and heard some very influential people are trying to get the old Coach Campbell back.  Could Ratliff go to Jackson?  Can’t see Coach Combs with his medical profession driving back and forth onto Jackson every day and with Mallory being a Senior.  Breathitt will find them a quality coach.
That would be the best move they could make. Doing away with what they’ve got would be a huge step in the right direction. As far as breathitt getting a quality coach, I hope you’re right but getting the pony tail to Jackson wouldn’t exactly be on my list of quality coaches. Going from Taulbee to Ratliff would be like going to a pinto from a Porsche.
(07-19-2024, 08:00 AM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(07-18-2024, 10:59 AM)Medusa Wrote: I have heard of some rumblings at Perry and heard some very influential people are trying to get the old Coach Campbell back.  Could Ratliff go to Jackson?  Can’t see Coach Combs with his medical profession driving back and forth onto Jackson every day and with Mallory being a Senior.  Breathitt will find them a quality coach.
That would be the best move they could make. Doing away with what they’ve got would be a huge step in the right direction. As far as breathitt getting a quality coach, I hope you’re right but getting the pony tail to Jackson wouldn’t exactly be on my list of quality coaches. Going from Taulbee to Ratliff would be like going to a pinto from a Porsche.

So, Did Mike give up the Breathitt job or was her forced out? Thought he may consider it after losing red to graduation, but they could still be a force to be reckoned with next year. Keith would most definitely not go to J-town. Has a pretty solid team in Hazard along with it being Amal’s senior year. Personally, I think Bobby would help any team out. But they really like him in red and black. Interesting to see how this plays out. Benny may want to get back into coaching. Who knows.
Hearing Jeff Honeycutts name mentioned as the new coach at Breathitt. Does he have any previous softball experience?
Honeycutt played baseball. Guess that’s all the experience he needs. Also was a heck of girls basketball coach. So he knows how to coach girls. Probably do a good job. May need some good assistants where boys basketball runs over into softball season and practices. Breathitt boys probably be a Rupp so softball will be a late start I’d imagine.