Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NBA Summer League
Tonight, in the first day of the 2024 NBA Summer League has the Lakers vs. Rockets featuring Bronny James and Reed Shepherd.
I know it’s only summer league, with a lot of guys that won’t even be in the league when the season starts, but Reed looked right at home. 23 points in 30 minutes, 4-of-6 from three, five assists and four rebounds. Dude just has something. Gonna be so interesting to see how he fares when the real rosters are involved. Bronny looked like what he is, a late second-round pick that is a long way away from helping an NBA team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Rockets defeat Lakers 99-80. The Rockets were led by Reed Shepherd with 23 points on 9-17 from the field he was 4-6 from 3 and 1-2 from the line. James scored 8 points on 3-14 from the field and 0-8 from 3 and 2-2 from the line.
(07-12-2024, 10:47 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Rockets defeat Lakers 99-80. The Rockets were led by Reed Shepherd with 23 points on 9-17 from the field he was 4-6 from 3 and 1-2 from the line. James scored 8 points on 3-14 from the field and 0-8 from 3 and 2-2 from the line.

I saw some plays where Reed absolutely schooled Bronny and Dalton Knecht. Great start to the young man's professional career. I'm a fan of  young Mr. Sheppard !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Detroit defeated the Rockets 87-73. Shepherd was held to just 15 points tonight. This was his first game in the summer league when he struggled a little. He was just 6-17 from the field and 0-2 from 3 and 3-3 from the line with 4 turnovers and had a +/- of -14 for the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Hard to take tons from Summer League, but Sheppard is off to about as good of a start as you could hope for.

On the other hand, Sarr has been absolutely terrible. May be some more stats now, but I think I'd read that he'd started 1 for 22. Yikes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • 16BBall Fan