Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
7 vs 7
With deal period about to end, anyone got any 7 vs 7 schedules for the summer?
Prestonsburg goes to Perry Central Thursday and then there’s a tournament at Shelby Valley Saturday 7/13 that has 8 teams in that.
Martin County is headed to GRC on Saturday
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardinalfootballguy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-09-2024, 04:55 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Prestonsburg goes to Perry Central Thursday and then there’s a tournament at Shelby Valley Saturday 7/13 that has 8 teams in that.

Believe I saw hazard will be at that one on Saturday.

Anyone know any other teams?
Any 3a teams gonna be in any here soon?
(07-10-2024, 03:06 AM)bac2369 Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 04:55 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Prestonsburg goes to Perry Central Thursday and then there’s a tournament at Shelby Valley Saturday 7/13 that has 8 teams in that.

Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg
Martin Co
East Ridge
Johnson Central
Letcher Central
Hazard
East Carter
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • bac2369
Boyle will host a 7on7 With Pulaski and Raceland Today
(07-11-2024, 11:47 AM)Wildcat09 Wrote: Boyle will host a 7on7 With Pulaski and Raceland Today

It’s SW not PC. PC is hosting at their place tonight. Mad South and Taylor
(07-11-2024, 01:18 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(07-11-2024, 11:47 AM)Wildcat09 Wrote: Boyle will host a 7on7 With Pulaski and Raceland Today

It’s SW not PC. PC is hosting at their place tonight. Mad South and Taylor
My apolligies one of my team schedules said pulaski
(07-10-2024, 08:25 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 03:06 AM)bac2369 Wrote:

Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg
Martin Co
East Ridge
Johnson Central
Letcher Central
Hazard
East Carter
 Martin County will be at GRC Saturday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardinalfootballguy's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
How did the Boyle 7v7 go?
I stayed for the 1st hour and Boyle dominated on offense and defense. Can't say after that. Not sure who was best of the other three teams. Still early and I am sure al 4 teams saw things that they will be able to improve.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Maroon Beech
How did PBurg look at the 7on7?
(07-12-2024, 11:02 AM)BlackcatPride32 Wrote: How did PBurg look at the 7on7?
Prestonsburg looked really good. Anyone familiar with the team knew this would be a team that would be good at tossing the ball around. No lack of skill and speed with the Blackcat 1s. Holbrook was aggressive and took a lot of shots down field finding Elliott & Harris for several scores. Blackcat defense only give up 1 touchdown also. Still some things they need to keep repping and working on, but under a new HC and only the second day out after dead period ending, Prestonsburg looked really good. Boys were having fun out there which is good to see. 

Floyd Central done well defensively. Freshman Wesley Buck had a beautiful one handed touchdown catch on Pburg’s JV from Jace Martin. 

Perry had an offense and defense team. Not sure how many guys play two ways for them. They had their ups and downs.

I think all 3 teams got better and you could tell they were all happy to be competing.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Westside
(07-12-2024, 04:39 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
Prestonsburg looked really good. Anyone familiar with the team knew this would be a team that would be good at tossing the ball around. No lack of skill and speed with the Blackcat 1s. Holbrook was aggressive and took a lot of shots down field finding Elliott & Harris for several scores. Blackcat defense only give up 1 touchdown also. Still some things they need to keep repping and working on, but under a new HC and only the second day out after dead period ending, Prestonsburg looked really good. Boys were having fun out there which is good to see. 

Floyd Central done well defensively. Freshman Wesley Buck had a beautiful one handed touchdown catch on Pburg’s JV from Jace Martin. 

Perry had an offense and defense team. Not sure how many guys play two ways for them. They had their ups and downs.

I think all 3 teams got better and you could tell they were all happy to be competing.

Are you going tomorrow? If so what time it start?
(07-12-2024, 05:00 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 04:39 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

Are you going tomorrow?  If so what time it start?
Starts at 10AM I reckon 

I’ll be there
Any updates?
(07-13-2024, 01:10 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Any updates?
Shelby Valley won the tournament over Prestonsburg. 

East Ridge and Letcher Central left after pool play.

Pburg beat East Carter in round 1 and Johnson Central beat Hazard. Shelby Valley would go on to beat JC in semis and beat Pburg in finals. 

Didn’t get to see Hazard, Letcher or East Ridge play any. 

It was HOT out there today and teams were gassed in the tournament after pool play.

Folks better no sleep on Tyler Johnson and Shelby Valley. They’re still gonna be tough to stop.

Very proud of coach Hager and Prestonsburg. They started out the day a little slow, but got it clicking against JC and in their second matchup with East Carter. Couldn’t have executed plays on offense and defense much better than they did today against EC in tourney play.
(07-13-2024, 06:33 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

Pburg beat East Carter in round 1 and Johnson Central beat Hazard. Shelby Valley would go on to beat JC in semis and beat Pburg in finals. 

It was HOT out there today and teams were gassed in the tournament after pool play.

Folks better no sleep on Tyler Johnson and Shelby Valley. They’re still gonna be tough to stop.

Very proud of coach Hager and Prestonsburg. They started out the day a little slow, but got it clicking against JC and in their second matchup with East Carter. Couldn’t have executed plays on offense and defense much better than they did today against EC in tourney play.

Definitely a hot day. Is the Combs kid the quarterback for SV.

I heard from a friend hazard went 2-2 on the day. I will take that after hearing Gavin Johnson was on vacation. He also told me Jayvion Fullwood (FR) looked really good today. Said all receivers were solid.

Glad to hear good things from the black cats.
(07-13-2024, 07:01 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(07-13-2024, 06:33 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

Definitely a hot day.  Is the Combs kid the quarterback for SV.

I heard from a friend hazard went 2-2 on the day. I will take that after hearing Gavin Johnson was on vacation.  He also told me Jayvion Fullwood (FR) looked really good today. Said all receivers were solid.

Glad to hear good things from the black cats.
Junior Brady Johnson is Valleys QB
Excited to get out and see some 7v7 action, hearing some good things about some of these teams so far! Would love to see young Hager do well and get Pburg back to where they used to be in the mountains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthVader's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(07-12-2024, 08:14 AM)back country Wrote: I stayed for the 1st hour and Boyle dominated on offense and defense. Can't say  after that. Not sure who was best of the other three teams. Still early and I am sure al 4 teams saw things that they will be able to improve.    

I just saw on twitter that Boyle is looking for one more team for their 7 on 7 for Thursday July 18. Know any team interested?
(07-17-2024, 05:38 PM)back country Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 08:14 AM)back country Wrote: I stayed for the 1st hour and Boyle dominated on offense and defense. Can't say  after that. Not sure who was best of the other three teams. Still early and I am sure al 4 teams saw things that they will be able to improve.    

I just saw on twitter that Boyle is looking for one more team for their 7 on 7 for Thursday July 18. Know any team interested?
I bet being QB for this year Boyle team is like playing rookie mode on madden . Nothing against Boyle co QB( s) because I heard they have couple really really good QBs. But all them weapons on one team is crazy. Coach Haddix will have a lot fun this team.
Hearing Mercer County and East Jessamine have one this evening. Little far of a drive or I would go just for some football.