Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region thoughts for next year
I think Breathitt will take a big step back with KP graduating.  Lose a lot of important pieces.  About 6th or 7th in the region.

Wolfe is will be the top team in the region I believe.

Letcher 2nd.  Hazard 3rd.  Estill 4th.  Perry 5th.
A big step back from what? It’s been a decade since their last district title and I can’t recall them winning a game at the region tournament for a long time.

As far as the rest you’ve got to put Letcher Hazard Wolfe and Estill as your top 4 in no particular order. Any of them could be considered for the top spot. From there it’s a drop off to me
Medusa. You can dream on about Wolfe being the top team in the region. Since Pennington is gone they’ll be the top in a terrible district but top in the region will never be. HollerRat. I’ll agree with you on a few of those teams being in the top 4 but I just don’t see Wolfe. Personally I’d replace them with Perry along with the other teams you’ve got listed in no particular order. Can’t count out the returning talent and a Bobby Ratliff coached team.
A Bobby Ratliff coached team? Does that mean they are going make a lot of errors? I feel Wolfe will be the strongest team in the region. 54th district is just as bad as Wolfes district. Perry will be good but losing Morris and Grigsby is going to hurt them bad. Perry’s pitching will be somewhat weak and untested.
(07-03-2024, 11:08 AM)Gunslinger33 Wrote: Medusa. You can dream on about Wolfe being the top team in the region. Since Pennington is gone they’ll be the top in a terrible district but top in the region will never be. HollerRat. I’ll agree with you on a few of those teams being in the top 4 but I just don’t see Wolfe. Personally I’d replace them with Perry along with the other teams you’ve got listed in no particular order. Can’t count out the returning talent and a Bobby Ratliff coached team.
A Bobby Ratliff coached team? That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. Perry will be lucky to win their district this year. They’re continuing to get worse and more people leave year after year. Only one thing remains the same. The captain in charge.
(07-03-2024, 11:08 AM)Gunslinger33 Wrote: Medusa. You can dream on about Wolfe being the top team in the region. Since Pennington is gone they’ll be the top in a terrible district but top in the region will never be. HollerRat. I’ll agree with you on a few of those teams being in the top 4 but I just don’t see Wolfe. Personally I’d replace them with Perry along with the other teams you’ve got listed in no particular order. Can’t count out the returning talent and a Bobby Ratliff coached team.
I just don’t see it.  Pitching and catching will be a struggle unless bobby hits the transfer portal. I’m concerned Leslie will knock us out of district
(07-04-2024, 10:23 AM)HollerRat Wrote:
I just don’t see it.  Pitching and catching will be a struggle unless bobby hits the transfer portal. I’m concerned Leslie will knock us out of district
You’re exactly right. Pitching and catching will be hard to replace and it’s pretty much packed them since he’s been at the helm. They’ve got a couple of decent bats left but their two best ones graduated. They also don’t have anything to replace their pitching and catching with some you guys could sure be in trouble. Fabio will grow out his pony tail, hit the portal and make some promises and all will be well in Perryville.
Estill will have a new coach
Will Mike Taulbee apply?