Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First year Coaches
Out of all of the coaches hired which of the First Year Coaches will have the best opening season
Matt Chandler-Hazard
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • HighViz
Cliff Drew Head Coach of Mayfield.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hatz, rookie57
Salmons takes the Hounds to the 4A title game. I think he grades out at a championship level coach .
Harlan Independent Green Dragons Brian Williams

Harlan County Black Bears Jacob Saylor
Brian Williams - Harlan
Travis Burns - Pulaski Co
Cliff Drew - Mayfield
Matt Chandler - Hazard
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • HighViz, TheRampageRooster
(06-29-2024, 02:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Salmons takes the Hounds to the 4A title game. I think he grades out at a championship level coach .
3rd Round exit at Boyle County…
(06-30-2024, 10:26 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-29-2024, 02:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Salmons takes the Hounds to the 4A title game. I think he grades out at a championship level coach .
3rd Round exit at Boyle County…

Depends on RPI if Corbin Boyle will meet in third round. Also, Boyle will definitely lose once. If Corbin can find a way to win out, they will have the RPI advantage.
Looking forward to seeing what Coach Burns does at Pulaski County. He's got the athletes to have a solid team and season - the main key piece will be to get the team and parents buy in. New energy is good energy and I look for them to hit the ground running.
(06-30-2024, 05:23 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote: Looking forward to seeing what Coach Burns does at Pulaski County. He's got the athletes to have a solid team and season - the main key piece will be to get the team and parents buy in. New energy is good energy and I look for them to hit the ground running.

Got to put the players in the right position, their best position.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • TheRampageRooster
(06-30-2024, 10:07 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(06-30-2024, 05:23 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote: Looking forward to seeing what Coach Burns does at Pulaski County. He's got the athletes to have a solid team and season - the main key piece will be to get the team and parents buy in. New energy is good energy and I look for them to hit the ground running.

Hopefully bringing in a coach from the outside they will let the players earn their spots. Biggest pet peeve of mine is not allowing underclassmen play just because they’re a freshman or sophomore. That’s hogwash. Put the best man on the field and play to win.
(06-30-2024, 10:21 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote:

Hopefully bringing in a coach from the outside they will let the players earn their spots. Biggest pet peeve of mine is not allowing underclassmen play just because they’re a freshman or sophomore. That’s hogwash. Put the best man on the field and play to win.

Thats not what I am talking about, im talking about the players playing in the right position.
(06-29-2024, 05:12 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Brian Williams - Harlan
Travis Burns - Pulaski Co
Cliff Drew - Mayfield
Matt Chandler - Hazard

I like this list minus Hazard, they were really bad last year coming only 2 points from a winless season. I think it will take a few years to right a ship sinking that fast.

Brian Williams: if he can get the kids out to play I think he could turn that program around in short order. 

Travis Burns is walking into a team that is primed to make a run as super talented middle school groups begin to come of age.

Mayfield is Mayfield, I don’t know anything about Coach Drew but if he’s anywhere near a top tier coach Mayfield has the talent to be a contender every year.

With that said, Burns is my preseason guess as new coach of the year as I could see them winning district and making a playoff run in his first year.
I think Hazard will have a good season. Can see 7-3 or 8-2 regular season for them. The pieces are there, just need to simplify the system.
Hazard...coach Chandler, with hard work, has the greatest chance of a quick turnaround.
Hazard went 1-10 and was outscored 398-75 last year including 60 in the first round of the playoffs. 5-5 in the regular season gets Chandler COY votes IMO...
(06-30-2024, 10:23 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(06-30-2024, 10:21 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote:

Thats not what I am talking about, im talking about the players playing in the right position.
I know what you're talking about. That's also what I mean about earning their spot - just worded differently. In other words we aren't playing Little Johnny at QB just because his daddy wants him to be there although he's never played that spot when he's always been an excellent RB but we want Little Ricky at RB because he's a senior and it's his last year. Anywho ... I get what you mean and agree.