3. Pikeville
4. Southwestern
5. Belfry
6. Bell County
7. Rockcastle County
8. Lawrence County
9. North Laurel
10. Martin County
(06-28-2024, 02:50 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: With the 2024 season quickly approaching, here's my Preseason Mountain Top 10:

1. Corbin
2. Johnson Central
3. Pikeville
4. Southwestern
5. Belfry
6. Bell County
7. Rockcastle County
8. Lawrence County
9. North Laurel
10. Martin County

I like your top three. I think you could flip a coin on 2 and 3.
Best part is 3 plays 1 then 2 in the first two weeks of the season.
Hold up on that car wash gentelmen southwestern at 4 is a joke they gonna be down this year. Pulaski is gonna be stout the next 3 to 4 years they got good coaching with some really good home grown talent. Shothwestern is gonna take a nose dive especially when they can’t steal every kid in the county Somerset has a good coaching staff and Pulaski has good staff and will be holding onto a lot of their players and keep Foley from stealing them they gonna be hurting in years to come Somerset returns a lot of players from a final 4 team I think Pulaski and Somerset both deserve to be on the list over southwestern.
[-] The following 2 users Like Buford T Justice's post:
  • TheRampageRooster, Walt Longmire
(06-28-2024, 04:08 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: Hold up on that car wash gentelmen southwestern at 4 is a joke they gonna be down this year. Pulaski is gonna be stout the next 3 to 4 years they got good coaching with some really good home grown talent. Shothwestern is gonna take a nose dive especially when they can’t steal  every kid in the county Somerset has a good coaching staff and Pulaski has good staff and will be holding onto a lot of their players and keep Foley from stealing them they gonna be hurting in years to come Somerset returns a lot of players from a final 4 team I think Pulaski and Somerset both deserve to be on the list over southwestern.

That's on me, I totally forgot about Somerset.  My bad.  They would definitely be in my Top 10.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • TheRampageRooster
No way Perry central isn’t in this top 10. Playoff team last year and return the core of that team. Can’t convince me we ain’t top 10 in mountains. Smh
(06-28-2024, 05:52 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: No way Perry central isn’t in this top 10. Playoff team last year and return the core of that team.  Can’t convince me we ain’t top 10 in mountains. Smh

98% of KY HS football teams are playoff teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
Go Colonels!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • 92 East Holler Boy
(06-28-2024, 03:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-28-2024, 02:50 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: With the 2024 season quickly approaching, here's my Preseason Mountain Top 10:

1. Corbin
2. Johnson Central
3. Pikeville
4. Southwestern
5. Belfry
6. Bell County
7. Rockcastle County
8. Lawrence County
9. North Laurel
10. Martin County
The lowly birds are nowhere near top 3.

I like your top three. I think you could flip a coin on 2 and 3.
(06-28-2024, 05:52 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: No way Perry central isn’t in this top 10. Playoff team last year and return the core of that team.  Can’t convince me we ain’t top 10 in mountains. Smh

Perry Central is weak.
Belfry and Pikeville both beat JC last year. I would have to put them above them till they prove otherwise. Pikeville returns a lot. JC lost just as much as Belfry.
(06-28-2024, 04:08 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: Hold up on that car wash gentelmen southwestern at 4 is a joke they gonna be down this year. Pulaski is gonna be stout the next 3 to 4 years they got good coaching with some really good home grown talent. Shothwestern is gonna take a nose dive especially when they can’t steal  every kid in the county Somerset has a good coaching staff and Pulaski has good staff and will be holding onto a lot of their players and keep Foley from stealing them they gonna be hurting in years to come Somerset returns a lot of players from a final 4 team I think Pulaski and Somerset both deserve to be on the list over southwestern.
I have to agree. Looking forward to the SW/PC matchup this year …. i have a feeling Foley and his warriors will be doing the walk of shame back to the wigwam. Also looking forward to Somerset coming out with another stellar season.

Are you being for real. Making Playoff is nothing in Ky. Almost every one makes playoffs. Perry lost some key pieces too.
(06-28-2024, 10:48 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote:
I have to agree. Looking forward to the SW/PC matchup this year …. i have a feeling Foley and his warriors will be doing the walk of shame back to the wigwam. Also looking forward to Somerset coming out with another stellar season.
I think you mentioned 2 teams that should be in there somewhere Pulaski County and Somerset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TheRampageRooster
(06-29-2024, 08:02 AM)Statebound19 Wrote:

Are you being for real. Making Playoff is nothing in Ky. Almost every one makes playoffs. Perry lost some key pieces too.
We lost a few players yea. But we return the core of our playmakers.  We will be top 10 pre season wymt. Wait and see
Ok let's b4real. Corbin and Pikeville are kings right now. Corbin got a new coach so we will have to see how that goes. Johnson takes a little step back each year and will do so again this year. Belfry will be strong again, but things are changing there also. The school continues to decrease in size year after year and this will most likely be the COACH last season (Great Coach and Great Man). As for a top 10 I really don't know. I start with 1st Pikeville,2nd Corbin, 3 Belfry, 4th Johnson. after that who really knows.
(06-28-2024, 09:06 PM)Upnorth Wrote: Belfry and Pikeville both beat JC last year. I would have to put them above them till they prove otherwise. Pikeville returns a lot. JC lost just as much as Belfry.

Go ahead and stick a fork in the birds before the season even starts.
(07-01-2024, 02:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(06-28-2024, 09:06 PM)Upnorth Wrote: Belfry and Pikeville both beat JC last year. I would have to put them above them till they prove otherwise. Pikeville returns a lot. JC lost just as much as Belfry.

Did something happen?  Supposed to have a really good running back return this year for JC.
(07-01-2024, 07:24 PM)Upnorth Wrote:

Did something happen?  Supposed to have a really good running back return this year for JC.

JC has a stable of backs and if McCoart is healthy JC will beat Corbin at home write it down.
My Top 10

1. Pikeville
2. Corbin
3. Pulaski County
4. Johnson Central
5. Belfry
6. Southwestern
7. Somerset
8A. Lawrence County
8B. Martin County
8C Bell County
(07-02-2024, 05:27 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

JC has a stable of backs and if McCoart is healthy JC will beat Corbin at home write it down.
They have McCoart and Music. Music is probably the best back. He just doesn’t seem to be durable. Who else do they have. 
Pikeville seems to be loaded in the backfield. Anthony looks like a man amongst boys. 
Belfry should have the Caudill kid right?Comes from a strong line of running backs there. Plus they will have a monstrous line.
(07-02-2024, 03:36 PM)Upnorth Wrote:

They have McCoart and Music. Music is probably the best back. He just doesn’t seem to be durable. Who else do they have. 
Pikeville seems to be loaded in the backfield. Anthony looks like a man amongst boys. 
Belfry should have the Caudill kid right?Comes from a strong line of running backs there. Plus they will have a monstrous line.
McCoart had 1900 total yards and 29 TDs in 2022 then was hurt last year. Beast. JC has several good backs.
Pikeville loaded in the backfield and at WR as well in a big way.
(07-02-2024, 05:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 02:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Go ahead and stick a fork in the birds before the season even starts.

McCoart had 1900 total yards and 29 TDs in 2022 then was hurt last year. Beast. JC has several good backs.

He is a Beast!!
Is Ashland considered mountains? I think they should be on some of these list.
My mountain Top 10 (13-15 regions):

1. Pikeville
2. Corbin
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Bell County
6. Lawrence County
7. North Laurel
8. Whitley County
9. Perry Co. Central
10. Letcher Co. Central

Next 5 in no order: Breathitt County, Martin County, Knox Central, Shelby Valley, Betsy Layne
1. Corbin
2. Pikeville
3. Belfry
4. Johnson Central
5. Bell County
6. Letcher co
7. North Laurel
8. Whitley County
9. Lawrence Co
10. Martin Co/ Betsy Layne

My number 10 spot are two teams I think could be 2 dark horse teams. Both getting transfers that could be a big impact.
(07-02-2024, 05:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 02:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Go ahead and stick a fork in the birds before the season even starts.

McCoart and Music are the only backs I have heard of from JC. Who are the others?
Bryant is an incoming freshman thats a solid RB. Transferred from Hazard to JC.
Logan Morrow is a solid full back if he can stay healthy.
(07-03-2024, 11:01 AM)Rambo4 Wrote: Bryant is an incoming freshman thats a solid RB.  Transferred from Hazard to JC.
Agreed but he won’t see the field on offense as a freshman.

(07-03-2024, 11:39 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: Logan Morrow is a solid full back if he can stay healthy.
I heard he hasn’t been to any workouts after his second acl tear.