Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jasper Johnson to return to Woodford County for the 2024-35 season
I have it on good authority from someone close to the Woodford program that top 15 player in the 2025 class is returning to his hometown from Link Academy to play for the Yellow Jackets. With them also getting junior Armelo Boone transferring to Woodford they will probably vault to one of if not the top team in Kentucky. I look forward to watching him play in person again.

From Collins head coach Chris Gaither from about 2 hours ago.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Westside
Is Jasper coming home to win Mr Basketball ?
Yes and suit up for UK
(06-28-2024, 01:38 PM)Sports72 Wrote: Yes and suit up for UK
I just read that Alabama or North Carolina are the two favorites for Johnson.   And that Indiana is the favorite for Moreno.   If Pope doesn't get one of these two, then the honeymoon could be over sooner than later for a lot of fans.  Both are supposed to make a decision within the next couple of weeks.
Why on earth would he want to go to UNC or Bama over Kentucky when he was raised in a county next to Lexington and his dad played football for UK??? If it’s because of coaching experience neither UNC or Duke coaches had any head coaching experience when they took over those programs and they seem to be doing just fine in the recruiting and winning categories. At least Pope has been a head coach for 10 years at two different universities.
(07-16-2024, 05:19 PM)daredevil4life Wrote:
(06-28-2024, 01:38 PM)Sports72 Wrote: Yes and suit up for UK
I just read that Alabama or North Carolina are the two favorites for Johnson.   And that Indiana is the favorite for Moreno.   If Pope doesn't get one of these two, then the honeymoon could be over sooner than later for a lot of fans.  Both are supposed to make a decision within the next couple of weeks.
If Johnson is coming home to play at Woodford County, it seems to me that would be a good sign for UK. I'm not saying you're wrong, but why would you come home and face all of the criticism which would come with not going to UK, especially being a local home grown kid.
(07-17-2024, 02:43 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Why on earth would he want to go to UNC or Bama over Kentucky when he was raised in a county next to Lexington and his dad played football for UK??? If it’s because of coaching experience neither UNC or Duke coaches had any head coaching experience when they took over those programs and they seem to be doing just fine in the recruiting and winning categories. At least Pope has been a head coach for 10 years at two different universities.
Was raised and still lives in Lexington.
He’s not returning to Woodford and he’s not reclassifying. He’s signing with overtime elite
(07-20-2024, 11:33 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: He’s not returning to Woodford and he’s not reclassifying. He’s signing with overtime elite
Yes.. He is signing with Overtime Elite.