Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCC new Stadium
Knott Central  should be on new field by August 1 !

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 5 users Like killerb's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Humpty Dumpty, Westside, wolfcat
(06-19-2024, 04:43 PM)killerb Wrote: Knott Central  should be on new field by August 1 !

I can't wait to see the finished project.  Will this be an artificial turf or whatever the proper term is now days?
Yes artificial turf new track, new bleachers and press box with heat and air new sound system. It’s going to one of the nicest around. On track to open for soccer and football practice August 1
[-] The following 1 user Likes killerb's post:
  • Westside
Glad seeing Knott Central get some great upgrades for their athletic programs. Also glad they put air conditioning in the Morton Combs Athletic Complex. I remember someone passing away during a Knott Central graduation and I was thinking it was partly related to the sweltering heat inside the gym.
Heard last week that even with Knott’s new field they are struggling to field a team this year. Any truth to that? If so, really sad news.
If Knott is ever going to field a competitive football team, there must be an investment made, and it looks as if it's starting with a new field. A new field is a step in the right direction, but everyone has to be on board starting with the administration and there has to be a buy in with the community. I feel like there has always been a buy in with basketball and even baseball, but football has always seemed like a burden. I may be wrong, but it seems like the mentality at Knott County is, it's football season, lets go ahead and get this over with! It's unfortunate if the numbers are this low, and if things don't improve, you will have kids looking to Perry County and other surrounding schools to pursue football. There always seems to be talent in Knott, but they have always seemed to have a hard time keeping kids in Hindman. Hopefully, things improve and the kids get to enjoy the new field.
Getting Closer!!!
Green Green Grass of Home!!

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like killerb's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, wolfcat
Any updates
I have always said Knott co has potential have good football program. Not going happen over night but always have good athletic kids in basketball and baseball. Never could understand why they wouldn’t play football. The potential there!!!!
(07-28-2024, 05:17 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: I have always said Knott co has potential have good football program. Not going happen over night but always have good athletic kids in basketball and baseball. Never could understand why they wouldn’t play football. The potential there!!!!
It takes a different type of mentality to play football. It’s not for everyone.
The actual playing field should be finished by this coming weekend, track and asphalt after that. Patriots will open season in new facilities !
(07-28-2024, 05:32 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(07-28-2024, 05:17 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: I have always said Knott co has potential have good football program. Not going happen over night but always have good athletic kids in basketball and baseball. Never could understand why they wouldn’t play football. The potential there!!!!
It takes a different type of mentality to play football. It’s not for everyone.
Yeah you’re right but they have good athletes. Success bring basketball players out. Seen first hand at Breathitt.They not taste a lot success in football. Then some best football players transfer out .also Youth programs are importance too. You get interested early they be committed.
Hope those kids over there enjoy it.
You guys are correct, Knott county has some good kids there. They are coming out with new everything. That includes a new attitude, from what I hear, Coach Mullins has went out of his way to put together a really good coaching staff. Mullins and most all his staff are Knott county guys who played there. Only one coach did not play at Knott county. But from what I hear around the community and from parents, he is different, in a good way. The kids love him, and parents say he is respectful to them as parents. I have talked to him and he says a few of their lineman can be outstanding. I would not over look Knott County as their line will be much improved. Their backfield may be the best in the district. I say keep your eye on this team as they will be much improved and their facilities will be second to no one in the mountains. I am not a Knott county guy, but we must b4real.