Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hazard 2024
I figured this thread needed to be started.

So the good news is it’s a new year. Hazard can only go up.

I hear the energy is high and the kids are having fun!!!
How is their schedule looking this year?
Hazard gotta get back to smash mouth football. They have went in a very soft direction the last few years. They need to get that edge back and chip on their shoulder.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Bull got out!
Their schedule is brutal!!! They have some good looking athletes!! But Coach Chandler has his hands full. Losing some key pieces to incoming freshman class will hurt them in future. Hazard has recruited everyone else kids for long time and now I think they got taste of their own medicine. But they return a lot kids from last year team. But tall task for what district there in.
Hazards schedule.

Thumbnail(s)

Connor Holbrook who isn’t listed is at 20mph.
Gannon Mullins right at 19mph for a lineman/linebacker (freshmen)

Hazard working on its speed

Thumbnail(s)

What are these kids 40 times. I just curious
20mph is moving pretty dang quick. Tyreek Hill was clocked at 23.4 if that puts these numbers into perspective. What grade are these kids in?
These kids can be quick on their feet and have good cuts and quick hips with good hands that make a huge difference in the class they are playing in. To me, you may not have the big numbers speed wise but on the field, you may be the fastest player because of the way you handle your role. I had rather have a receiver with good hands and be able to see the field than one with fast numbers who can't catch a cold.  Smile But Glad to hear Hazard is making noise. One of our programs in the mountains who make us all proud. Keep up the good work team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Westside
(06-27-2024, 08:42 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: What are these kids 40 times. I just curious

Haven’t the slightest. But I think these speeds r measured in 40 yards but I could be wrong. HarveyPerformance is the trainer for kids.
(06-28-2024, 08:37 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: 20mph is moving pretty dang quick. Tyreek Hill was clocked at 23.4 if that puts these numbers into perspective. What grade are these kids in?

Connor Holbrook is a Sophomore
Gannon Mullins is a Freshman
Gavin Johnson is a Sophomore
Jayvon White Senior
Jeryn freshmen
Tanner Junior
Murph freshman
(06-28-2024, 09:20 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: These kids can be quick on their feet and have good cuts and quick hips with good hands that make a huge difference in the class they are playing in. To me, you may not have the big numbers speed wise but on the field, you may be the fastest player because of the way you handle your role. I had rather have a receiver with good hands and be able to see the field than one with fast numbers who can't catch a cold.  :) But Glad to hear Hazard is making noise. One of our programs in the mountains who make us all proud. Keep up the good work team.
Jayvon and Gavin are the top 2 receivers. Holbrook is 4th from last year. But he also has grown atleast 6inches since last season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hazard best case scenario 8-2 regular season. Worst case 4-6. I think Hazard can make it to the 3rd round possibly State Semis if they got a good RPI.
Who can they beat?
(07-02-2024, 12:33 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Who can they beat?

They could beat anyone they play technically.
Bahhahahahhah
Hazard has a great class of incoming freshman. Will be super tough in 3 to 4 years. Look for Gannon Mullins to be a standout. Also they just got back an incoming freshman who is a phenomenal QB. Last name Shoptaw. Gavin Johnson who is gonna be a sophomore is in my opinion, the most underrated player in the mountains
(07-03-2024, 11:14 AM)Rambo4 Wrote: Hazard has a great class of incoming freshman. Will be super tough in 3 to 4 years.  Look for Gannon Mullins to be a standout.  Also they just got back an incoming freshman who is a phenomenal QB.  Last name Shoptaw.    Gavin Johnson who is gonna be a sophomore is in my opinion, the most underrated player in the mountains

Heard that qb was an Indian outlaw, half Cherokee and Shoptaw…
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16 special's post:
  • Big Boomer
(07-03-2024, 02:22 PM)16 special Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 11:14 AM)Rambo4 Wrote: Hazard has a great class of incoming freshman. Will be super tough in 3 to 4 years.  Look for Gannon Mullins to be a standout.  Also they just got back an incoming freshman who is a phenomenal QB.  Last name Shoptaw.    Gavin Johnson who is gonna be a sophomore is in my opinion, the most underrated player in the mountains

Heard that qb was an Indian outlaw, half Cherokee and Shoptaw…

I’m hearing Shoptaw is a stud QB. Gonna be interesting to see what plays out there. I think this will tell the fans how serious the coaching staff is about building a winning program.
They lost couple key pieces to that incoming freshman class. I know of at least 3 left and heard maybe more leaving. It was good pick up for shoptaw kid. I’m not sure he start this year but good depth at position.
(07-03-2024, 05:57 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
They lost couple key pieces to that incoming freshman class. I know of at least 3 left and heard maybe more leaving. It was good pick up for shoptaw kid. I’m not sure he start this year but good depth at position.
All depends if they all stay gone or end up coming back
(07-02-2024, 03:29 PM)bac2369 Wrote:

OMG
(07-03-2024, 07:56 PM)Bluecat Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 05:57 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
All depends if they all stay gone or end up coming back
Never know these days. But I don’t look for any them come back.
I wish Hazard all the best but it’s hard for me to see them being any better than .500 this year. They were not good last year. Per KHSAA they didn’t even rush for 500 yards as a team last year. They averaged 2.5 yards/carry and only 2 TDs on the year. Going to take a huge turnaround and I know they return a lot of kids really, but it’s hard to anticipate seeing them being a regional champion caliber team this year.
Gavin is legit but he’ll need someone to throw him the ball and that person will need a line to give him enough time to throw. Better 1A teams in playoffs and some other tough matchups on their schedule will expose them. They couldn’t stop anyone on defense last year either. I’m interested to see how they do with the new staff and some young kids coming along. I do think they will be much improved but still a year or two away from really competing.
(07-03-2024, 08:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

OMG

Now jet don’t get excited now! I said they could beat anyone they play, Not that they will..
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-03-2024, 11:01 PM)bac2369 Wrote:

OMG

Now jet don’t get excited now! I said they could beat anyone they play, Not that they will..
bac you are very knowledgeable and a great Hazard fan. I pretty much agree with belichick's post. Hazard will be very good again but they were so bad last year it will take time. Dixon leaving set the program back a few years IMO.
(07-03-2024, 11:18 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 11:01 PM)bac2369 Wrote:

OMG

bac you are very knowledgeable and a great Hazard fan. I pretty much agree with belichick's post. Hazard will be very good again but they were so bad last year it will take time. Dixon leaving set the program back a few years IMO.
Dixon leaving hurt but I think what set them back even more was when Grizzle backed out when he did.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Yes that too but Grizzle was unproven and Chandler might end up being better than Grizzle would have been. Either way I expect Hazard to be very good sooner rather than later. 5-5 or 6-4 then a first round playoff win in 2024 will restore confidence in the program and then on up from there IMHO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bluecat
Martin Co getting tons of love in Top 10 for some reason. Would love to see Hazard send them back home with a loss in the opener.