Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanan-74 vs Knott County Central-57
Final.

Clark had 29 and led the way for the Crusaders!
I picked JBS to win, but I figured it would be a little closer. Where was the game played? Does anyone have any details?
Made the drive tonight to attend this game wasnt really worth it. JBS crushed KCC just like they have everyone else so far this season. I really like watching this team play. They had KCC down at one point by 27. KCC could not handle the pressure that JBS was putting on them. Congrats JBS!! You guys are a very exciting team to watch! To the question above, it was at KCC
They are excting team to watch! I heard Short and Collions had big games also!
Wow KCC played absolutely horrible they couldn't make a thing. But JBS did win fair and square. Well all i got to say to KCC is don't think on this game to much and just get ready for the next game.
Sounds like JBS put the thumpin on their close rival. This is a morale killer for KCC and a big moral boost for JBS. Gotta hand it to them, they must've played well
Sounds like JBS is playing an outstanding brand of basketball at the moment. I'm looking forward to the WYMT Mountain Classic. Which will probably be the 1st time I get to see them in person. KCC is not an easy place to walk into & out of with a "W".

This game also leads me to think that if JBS beat KCC this bad at Knott County then I would think they stand a good chance of beating them even worse later in the year at JBS. Where the court is an extra 10ft longer than most other HS floors. IMO this has to be an advantage (as far as conditioning) for JBS to play on that big floor all the time. Most don't realize, but its difficult for a team to adjust to a bigger court.
=Jbs is a quality basketball team....They played very well especially the 1st half.....their big men got into foul trouble...Collins and Short fouled out and Hall had 4 fouls. Collins played well with limited minutes and Short n Hall played well and hit the glass hard. Knott had trouble handling pressure. Very physical game
Congrats Crusaders! Its always hard to go into a rivals gym and win, but they pulled it out.
Good win JBS! JBS only played good the 1st half too. KCC played physical and never gave up. JBS is just loaded with talent. I can't wait until they put a whole game together.
Congrats JBS, is there anybody that can play with them in the WYMT? I just know they're in it.
MANoWAR Wrote:Congrats JBS, is there anybody that can play with them in the WYMT? I just know they're in it.

I'm sure someone will give them a good game in the WYMT tournament.
JBS did win...but we give them a run for it in the 4th...KCC came out with a bad game but managed to somewhat pull it together....The refs had a hand in it as well....and no it wasn't a morale killer for us...That will just make us stronger....If JBs was a bad team then I would begin to wonder about them..They practice all year long they should be good....
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:JBS did win...but we give them a run for it in the 4th...KCC came out with a bad game but managed to somewhat pull it together....The refs had a hand in it as well....and no it wasn't a morale killer for us...That will just make us stronger....If JBs was a bad team then I would begin to wonder about them..They practice all year long they should be good....
I wouldnt say that...IMO there were a few questionable calls on the jbs big men..Just my opionion. Overall I think the refs done a decent job.
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:JBS did win...but we give them a run for it in the 4th...KCC came out with a bad game but managed to somewhat pull it together....The refs had a hand in it as well....and no it wasn't a morale killer for us...That will just make us stronger....If JBs was a bad team then I would begin to wonder about them..They practice all year long they should be good....
Haha i made the trip down there to watch the game. I knew this would be brought up. The game was called very evenly. To be honest with you i think it was called pretty bad in 4th quarter for KCC. And to your last sentence, if you want to get better you practice and have open gym year around. Again i want to say congrats to June Buchanan on a fine performance.
MANoWAR Wrote:Congrats JBS, is there anybody that can play with them in the WYMT? I just know they're in it.

A lot of good teams in it! I cant wait to see this tournament!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Sounds like JBS is playing an outstanding brand of basketball at the moment. I'm looking forward to the WYMT Mountain Classic. Which will probably be the 1st time I get to see them in person. KCC is not an easy place to walk into & out of with a "W".

This game also leads me to think that if JBS beat KCC this bad at Knott County then I would think they stand a good chance of beating them even worse later in the year at JBS. Where the court is an extra 10ft longer than most other HS floors. IMO this has to be an advantage (as far as conditioning) for JBS to play on that big floor all the time. Most don't realize, but its difficult for a team to adjust to a bigger court.

This is the first time we played them this season, its still a long season. They beat us both times we played them last season and then we beat them in the district tourney, so one game doesn't decide the whole season.
Bad called?? JBS had 2 players foul out and another player with 4? What kind of game do you want called? Be lucky you guys got out of your own gym with a 17 point loss! Congrats JBS!
KCCFAN23 Wrote:I wouldnt say that...IMO there were a few questionable calls on the jbs big men..Just my opionion. Overall I think the refs done a decent job.

Haha, Collins played with 10 fouls before he finally fouled out. They never call over the back on him and at one point I thought he was gonna sit on Huffs head. He thought he'd get Bartrum and when Buttermilk stepped in Collins started backing down. But everytime we play JBS we have the same certain ref that worked over at ALC for years. And so far every game we've played this season, with the exception of the Somerset game, we have had the same refs for every game we have played this season. Where are all the refs at? I would like a different one every now and then.
Well guess what..if the games are so badly called, then why doesn't your coach scratch them? This can be done, so I guess the games are only called bad in just your eyes and your eyes only.
Congrats JBS.
I figured the game would be like it was.. JBS just has more talent than KCC. Which was obvious tonight. But if Knott plays 4 quartars like they did in the 4th tonight, part two could be a good game.
sassy Wrote:Haha, Collins played with 10 fouls before he finally fouled out. They never call over the back on him and at one point I thought he was gonna sit on Huffs head. [B]He thought he'd get Bartrum and when Buttermilk stepped in Collins started backing down. [/b]But everytime we play JBS we have the same certain ref that worked over at ALC for years. And so far every game we've played this season, with the exception of the Somerset game, we have had the same refs for every game we have played this season. Where are all the refs at? I would like a different one every now and then.
What does that mean?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
MVP2 Wrote:They are excting team to watch! I heard Short and Collions had big games also!

Short and Collins played very well and I was impressed that JBS actually threw some passes inside in this game. Collins played very well inside and scored on some entry passes before getting in foul trouble and sitting out for half the game. Short had to be close to a triple double with points,rebounds and blocks before fouling out also. Cox made some good passes inside and actually played point some with Clark moving to the three position. They looked very good with Tate at point and Clark rolling off screens inside where he is deadly inside the paint. Good effort by KCC also. I thought that Ratliff and Amburgey played well for KCC.. Good luck to both teams this year..
sassy Wrote:Haha, Collins played with 10 fouls before he finally fouled out. They never call over the back on him and at one point I thought he was gonna sit on Huffs head. He thought he'd get Bartrum and when Buttermilk stepped in Collins started backing down. But everytime we play JBS we have the same certain ref that worked over at ALC for years. And so far every game we've played this season, with the exception of the Somerset game, we have had the same refs for every game we have played this season. Where are all the refs at? I would like a different one every now and then.

Once again...unbelievable!! I called this one two days before the game. KCC would get cheated. If the refs are that bad you may want to talk to the one who assigns the refs for each game. He works for the KC school system!
sassy Wrote:Haha, Collins played with 10 fouls before he finally fouled out. They never call over the back on him and at one point I thought he was gonna sit on Huffs head. He thought he'd get Bartrum and when Buttermilk stepped in Collins started backing down. But everytime we play JBS we have the same certain ref that worked over at ALC for years. And so far every game we've played this season, with the exception of the Somerset game, we have had the same refs for every game we have played this season. Where are all the refs at? I would like a different one every now and then.

Does anyone get beat fairly? A 2 or 3 point game. maybe...but this??? Look, I am the last person who would ever think good of JBS, but, c'mon. They beat the crap out of KCC. I honestly would want the score to be reversed, but, hey KCC got beat. Get over it.

I think all of the refs have heard about this tough parent at KCC who will punch refs if there kid gets fouled and they are all scared.:Thumbs:
All coaches fill out a rating sheet at the beginning of the year. Maybe Coach Amburgey is satisfied with what he is getting.
Congrats Crusaders!

Thought this one would be much closer.
I noticed in this paragraph it said that Collins thought he would get Bartrum and Buttermilk stepped in the way Collins back down. The way I saw it was that Bartrum pushed Collins and Bartrum thought Collins would just back down and when Collins actually got up on him Bartrum didnt know how to act. As far as Buttermilk goes, i couldnt believe that they actually said Buttermilk over the speakers. Is that his real name or what?