Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 56 Betsy Layne 53
Congrats to the Blackcats on their win tonight.
I'm surprised Betsy Layne played them so close...
i thought pburg was very very down this year? congrats to pburg for win

i thought betsy layne would accualty win this, but i was wrong.
Wow, way to go Blackcats. It is tough to win in the "Dome".
Very big win for the Blackcats. Their play was to much for the Bobcats to handle down under the last 2 or 3 minutes. Jodie Tackett knocked down two free throws to close up the game.

Congrats Blackcats!
I thought BL would have won too. Congrats Pburg on the 1st win of the season!
Congrats Pburg!
Great game IMO. Ofcourse with it being BL and Pburg playing emotions were running high but you can only expect that. Congrats Pburg.
I thought this was an ugly game from the start. To start with the floor appeared to be so slick that players (from both teams) where sliding all over the place. Has a player you ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT !!!! a lsick floor is like a nightmare !!!! It changes the whole game. I didn't think either team played well tonight.

Bright spots for both teams ---- Stevens for P-burg. I think if they can get him the ball on the block he could cause problems for other teams. Also, I thought T. Clark played good! he seems to be a tough competitor. He doesn't always make the best decisions, but he's the type of guy you would want in a fox hole with you when times get hard. I thought J. Hall played good tonight. He tried to create too much at times instead of letting the game to him, but he carried the load for P-burg. When he figures out he can get to the hole without all the extra's he tries to display P-burg could be a different team. I think P-burg found a decent sub tonight too in Stevens (I think is his name #15) who is very athletic.

For BL --- N. Martin, WOW, why is this kid not playing 32 minutes a game? IMO he could be one of the top 5 players in the district right now! Just my opinion. The sky is limited for this kid! Aslo, D. Maldonodo (hope I spelled that right) he seemed to be solid tonight for a freshman. He canned several jumpers and handled the ball well. I also, thought #14 I believe the name is Hale played good tonight & showed he could score.

Much more I would like to say but I'm tried now!

Oh ya, Officiating was horrible both ways. Two calls in the last minute that could have changed the outcome (both went BL's way) were terrible!
Prestonsburg played pretty good tonight. Steven Patrick came in and got in some real good minutes, Jordan Hall played another really good game (I'll post his stats later), Nathaniel Stephens played exceptionally well and so did Micheal Burchett, Jody Tackett hit some clutch free throws to seal the deal.

Congrats Blackcats!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I thought this was an ugly game from the start. To start with the floor appeared to be so slick that players (from both teams) where sliding all over the place. Has a player you ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT !!!! a lsick floor is like a nightmare !!!! It changes the whole game. I didn't think either team played well tonight.

Bright spots for both teams ---- Stevens for P-burg. I think if they can get him the ball on the block he could cause problems for other teams. Also, I thought T. Clark played good! he seems to be a tough competitor. He doesn't always make the best decisions, but he's the type of guy you would want in a fox hole with you when times get hard. I thought J. Hall played good tonight. He tried to create too much at times instead of letting the game to him, but he carried the load for P-burg. When he figures out he can get to the hole without all the extra's he tries to display P-burg could be a different team. I think P-burg found a decent sub tonight too in Stevens (I think is his name #15) who is very athletic.

For BL --- N. Martin, WOW, why is this kid not playing 32 minutes a game? IMO he could be one of the top 5 players in the district right now! Just my opinion. The sky is limited for this kid! Aslo, D. Maldonodo (hope I spelled that right) he seemed to be solid tonight for a freshman. He canned several jumpers and handled the ball well. I also, thought #14 I believe the name is Hale played good tonight & showed he could score.

Much more I would like to say but I'm tried now!

Oh ya, Officiating was horrible both ways. Two calls in the last minute that could have changed the outcome (both went BL's way) were terrible!

Nice breakdown of the game, couldn't believe they called that charge in the last minute on Patrick, but thats how things go, and we still won.

#15 name is Steven Patrick.
Watched this one on T.V..Good game indeed! Congrats Blackcats!
Congrats P-Burg.
Congratulations Blackcats!!!!!!!!!Should be a rollercoaster type/interesting District this season!!!!! Very competitive year for both the high school and grade school levels.
Sounds like the blackcats played a good game. Congrats P-Burg.
Congrats to P-burg on the win, sounds like it was a well played game.
Jordan Hall had 20 pts.

Jordan is now averaging 24.2 ppg.
congrats Pburg
Great Game PBurg