Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celtics vs. Cavaliers Series (Eastern Conference Semis)
Celtics take Game 1 going away and look to be on track for the Finals against whoever survives the West.
This series goes five games max. If the Knicks survive Indiana, they would push the Celtics a little more, and it would be a fun series, but Boston is winning the Eastern Conference.
Barring any sort of injuries, or just something crazy happening, Boston should win this series in no less than 5. Expect Cleveland to get at least 1 on their homecourt, but they don't have the depth that Boston does to contend. Game 1 was a precursor to how this series could (and should) end up. Win by 25, and Tatum didn't even play his best game, Jaylen Brown played great, but the last 3-4 games dating back to Miami has been all about Derrick White and his ascendance. Porzingis being out hasn't hindered the rotation in anyway thus far, Big Al just keeps stepping up and being whatever the team needs him to be, the ultimate veteran player to have on your team. I am a Celtics fan obviously lol, would love to see them make quick work of Cleveland and move on to the Eastern Conference finals.
Stat, do you think Big Al is a Hall of Famer? I’m sorting leaning towards yes. He’s never been THE DUDE, but to be as consistently good and valuable to every team he’s been on for so long ought to account for something,
(05-08-2024, 12:53 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Stat, do you think Big Al is a Hall of Famer? I’m sorting leaning towards yes. He’s never been THE DUDE, but to be as consistently good and valuable to every team he’s been on for so long ought to account for something,

I'd have to agree that he should be. Don't think he'd be first ballot, but he has been a winner everywhere he's been. Like you said, hasn't been "the guy" but early on with those great Hawks teams, he was still a leader on those teams. His second stint now with Boston has really solidified his status, just a great player who is willing to do whatever it takes to win, great teammate. I think he has enough to be a HOF'er one day, made a few all star teams, obviously a championship would help his cause, and this season may be his best, and last chance to get a ring.
Well this is definitely a series now, very reminiscent of how game 2 went against Miami, got blown out. But Cleveland is at full strength unlike Miami, and this series is going to be a lot tougher to overcome, especially with how poor Tatum has played, they can't withstand that much longer. If Boston happens to lose this series, have to think maybe blow this core up of Brown/Tatum? They've had chance after chance after chance, only 1 finals appearance and nothing to show for it, and this is coming from a diehard Celtics fan, I'm not saying start over, just asking if it's something Boston thinks about. Regardless, this is going to be one of those series that could possibly go the full 7.
I guess Boston has found their recipe for playoff success. Have a clunker of a home game in game 2, then just dominate from there on out. Closeout games are tough, but Boston will have home court with a chance in game 5.
Will be tough for Boston without Porzingis. They'll make it to the Finals because everyone else is so beat up, but it'll be tough on them once there.
(05-14-2024, 11:30 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Will be tough for Boston without Porzingis. They'll make it to the Finals because everyone else is so beat up, but it'll be tough on them once there.

I thought the same thing initially when he went down, but they've faired well without him other than both games 2's. He obviously brings the spacing element offensively, and is as good as any big in the league that shoots the 3 well, and rim protection, also can guard multiple positions. Horford can do all that but not at Porzingis level. Hopefully they close out game 5, then NY-IND goes the full 7, that will give Porzingis more time to rehab and possibly be healthy come ECF.
Well Boston took care of business and knocked Cleveland out in 5. I was wrong about Big Al, at least for last night anyways, he stepped up in a huge way hitting 5 3's, getting timely rebounds, playing great defense especially in switch situations. Obviously hope Porzingis can get healthy at some point during the ECF (or Finals if they make it) to help spread the floor more, and give them more depth on the bench. Third straight trip to the Eastern Conference Finals.
GO CELTICS!