Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NFL Draft
Draft day is nearly upon us! What's everyone's thoughts on who will go 1? Seems to be Caleb Williams to the Bears but anything can happen.
I wonder if anyone will offer the farm to get Williams. I dont think Williams is going to be anything but an average pro, time will tell.
There will definitely be some overreaching on quarterbacks. One I think will go WAY too high is JJ McCarthy of Michigan. I can’t ever see him being more than a Daniel Jones of the Giants or Mac Jones of the Patriots. Time may prove me wrong, but everyone that doesn’t have one is so desperate to find ‘the one’ at qb, they do stupid things in the draft.
So what do we think about how the first round went? Biggest surprise by far was Atlanta drafting Penix Jr. at 9 after signing Kirk Cousins to a 4 year $180 million deal. Also should've put a live bet on the over for how many times Mike Greenberg mentioned that a defensive player hadn't been taken in the draft, at least until the 15th pick. But overall a good 1st round, today & tomorrow is where you find your gems in rounds 2-5.
The Penix pick stopped me in my tracks. It just made zero sense to me with their decision to make Cousins one of the top paid QBs in the NFL. But i think everyone's thought process now on drafts is trying to find a Patrick Mahommes
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-26-2024, 12:26 PM)Spud6 Wrote: The Penix pick stopped me in my tracks. It just made zero sense to me with their decision to make Cousins one of the top paid QBs in the NFL. But i think everyone's thought process now on drafts is trying to find a Patrick Mahommes

It makes sense if there is thought Cousins wont be ready for start of season.  They are in a division they can win.  Worse case, they have 2 NFL starting QB's on the roster, one on rookie deal..........and ability to trade either one at any time. 

I would guess Atlanta wanted to trade out of that pick, no takers, and took a shot.