Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Haddix ever coach at Breathitt?
With all the success the coach has had, will he ever go back to possibly build a dynasty back at Breathitt like he had during his days playing there.  You know he’s 100% Bobcat down deep.  Just wondering how the Bobcat Nation feels about him coming ther to coach.
You are a sh/? Stirrer lol. He would definitely find out the talent pool isn’t that deep like Boyle county. Not happening
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • rrcuppett
For real? This is a good question. Not trying to stir the pot.
Could you imagine Haddix and Holcomb on the same sideline? That’s a winning combination. Instantly.
Zero shot Haddix leaves Boyle unless he just gets tired of winning too many state titles.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Ned Gremlin
I could for sure see it. Coaching with his old high school Coach to restore dominance to their home front. Would be a special ending to a historical career for Holcomb.
Imagine a Haddix/Holcomb combo again? Every kid in the area would be a Bobcat. Scoreboards would need the lights changed weekly from the amount of points scored!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ned Gremlin's post:
  • Bull got out!
I am sure that he would want to "retire" there right? I mean it is every players dream to lead their school back to glory and go out a champion. Add in coaching with a man that he clearly looks up to and admires. I think this will eventually have to happen right?
It's an intriguing question.

Does anyone see Chuck Smith going back to Jeffersontown to Coach?

Will Neil Smith come back to Boyle County?

It's quite possible. But it's just as likely that a person loves home but can't see themselves returning to live and work there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Bull got out!
Wondering if theyll ever bring back 8-track tapes?
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!, Rebel55
(04-17-2024, 11:59 AM)Hatz Wrote: It's an intriguing question. 

It's quite possible.  But it's just as likely that a person loves home but can't see themselves returning to live and work there.

Who is Neal Smith?

Chucks entire family I believe no longer lives anywhere near Jeffersontown while most if not all of Haddix family lives in Breathitt.
I could see Justin coaching another 20 years. So it’s a possibility he’d coach ten of them in J-Town. The guy is the top coach in Ky. I’m sure some coaches are up for debate. Be something to see him coaching there though.
(04-17-2024, 10:51 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: You are a sh/? Stirrer lol. He would definitely find out the talent pool isn’t that deep like Boyle county. Not happening

You know all that talent ain't from Boyle County.
Haddix is a great Coach.. but Breathitt isn't Corbin or Boyle these days.. Those places were ready made for success... he just added some new flare...
(04-17-2024, 12:08 PM)Riverbank Rifleman Wrote:

It's quite possible.  But it's just as likely that a person loves home but can't see themselves returning to live and work there.

Who is Neal Smith?

Chucks entire family I believe no longer lives anywhere near Jeffersontown while most if not all of Haddix family lives in Breathitt.

THinking of a classmate rather than Neal Brown.  My apologies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Rebel55
(04-18-2024, 12:22 PM)Hatz Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 12:08 PM)Riverbank Rifleman Wrote:

Who is Neal Smith?

THinking of a classmate rather than Neal Brown.  My apologies.
I thought that might be the case but just was unsure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riverbank Rifleman's post:
  • Hatz
According to the AD at hazard he was going to be the next Coach there. Wonder what happened?
(04-19-2024, 04:28 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: According to the AD at hazard he was going to be the next Coach there. Wonder what happened?
Someone pinched the AD and he finally woke up…it’s happening in Corbin too painfully  / slowly but it’s finally getting through thick skulls

Hey Bull your inbox is full tried replying to you…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
Did I miss something ? Is Mike back at Breathitt?
(04-19-2024, 06:01 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Did I miss something ? Is Mike back at Breathitt?

Yes, he is a assistant there now.
(04-19-2024, 05:25 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 04:28 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: According to the AD at hazard he was going to be the next Coach there. Wonder what happened?
Someone pinched the AD and he finally woke up…it’s happening in Corbin too painfully  / slowly but it’s finally getting through thick skulls

Hey Bull your inbox is full tried replying to you…

I just cleaned it out!
(04-19-2024, 06:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:01 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Did I miss something ? Is Mike back at Breathitt?

Yes, he is an assistant there now.

if or when Kyle steps down they should just give it back to Mike. Let him retire a Bobcat as head coach. The man lives and breathes Breathitt Football
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • Bull got out!
He will coach at Boyle until he retires. Then he will coach a private school.
(04-22-2024, 11:56 AM)Real Badman Wrote: He will coach at Boyle until he retires. Then he will coach a private school.

I can see him going to College one day, later in life as an OC.
Agreed, hope he gets a chance to coach on the college level someday.
Justin Haddix will undoubtedly be the reason why David Cox will be remembered by many in Corbin as the greatest villain in the history of the Corbin football program. No single person will ever cost Corbin more championships than Super Dave Cox will.  Write it on Cox's tombstone :

"Here lies the clown most responsible for the football Redhounds  seventy year championship drought."
They always say the man at the top gets the most heat... Smile
I’d say his next stop is a small college somewhere.
Unless it is his last gig at retirement, no.
He will be back wearing the blue and white before it’s all over. He’s that type of guy.