Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 7 Corbin 3
Whitley County defeats Corbin 7-3. Swept the Hounds 8-1 at Corbin and 7-3 at Whitley last night. Corbin needs Coach Shope as he takes Philpot to school on a regular basis….
Great game by Whitley Co and I think coach Shope is the best coach in the region at the moment but how quickly we forget.
Shope has went 6-1 against Philpot the last 2 seasons.
Prior to that Philpot took him to the woodshed for 5yrs to the tune of Philpot out-winning by a record of 11-2. That gives Philpot the head to edge with an overall record vs Shope of 12-8.
The point is, talent comes in cycles and both coaches are top notch.
(04-17-2024, 08:36 AM)fansville Wrote: Great game by Whitley Co and I think coach Shope is the best coach in the region at the moment but how quickly we forget.
Prior to that Philpot took him to the woodshed for 5yrs to the tune of Philpot out-winning by a record of 11-2. That gives Philpot the head to edge with an overall record vs Shope of 12-8.
Shope best High School Baseball Coach in State of Kentucky period. Defending State Champs…
(04-17-2024, 09:08 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 08:36 AM)fansville Wrote: Great game by Whitley Co and I think coach Shope is the best coach in the region at the moment but how quickly we forget.
Shope best High School Baseball Coach in State of Kentucky period. Defending State Champs…

I don’t disagree with you on that part. I’m just saying your comment that he takes Philpot to school on a regular basis doesn’t hold water unless you say over the last 2 seasons. Prior to the last 2 seasons Philpot took Shope to the woodshed.
Philpot is a good coach. He’s won a lot of baseball games there. He’s also had a lot of good talent come through that school as it always does. But for a first time coach to be as consistent and have the tenure and length he’s done so far has been really good.

Shope had to come to Whitley and build. He was always going to have to take 3-4 years to turn a program around. That’s why you can’t just fire a guy after a year or two in baseball. Shope built it and it’s paying off in a big way. They lost a lot of talent off that team last year and everybody is throwing their best at them and they’re still having a pretty good year and are starting to shape up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Cowboy42
(04-17-2024, 10:04 AM)fansville Wrote:

I don’t disagree with you on that part. I’m just saying your comment that he takes Philpot to school on a regular basis doesn’t hold  water unless you say over the last 2 seasons. Prior to the last 2 seasons Philpot took Shope to the woodshed.
Those were Chad coached teams! Chad is a phenomenal baseball coach and in all honesty should be Head Coach. I look for Chase to come back one day and take over and the Hounds will be state title contenders every year when he comes back..

(04-17-2024, 10:52 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Philpot is a good coach. He’s won a lot of baseball games there. He’s also had a lot of good talent come through that school as it always does. But for a first time coach to be as consistent and have the tenure and length he’s done so far has been really good.

Shope had to come to Whitley and build. He was always going to have to take 3-4 years to turn a program around. That’s why you can’t just fire a guy after a year or two in baseball. Shope built it and it’s paying off in a big way. They lost a lot of talent off that team last year and everybody is throwing their best at them and they’re still having a pretty good year and are starting to shape up.
Back in March Coach Shope got his 500th career WIN,  Coach Philpot got his 200th career WIN last week..I’m not knocking Philpot as he’s won 200 games fairly quickly but Shope just has the experience and knowledge that you want your kid to play for. It’s amazing what he’s accomplished at Whitley in his tenure already..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(04-17-2024, 11:32 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 10:04 AM)fansville Wrote:

I don’t disagree with you on that part. I’m just saying your comment that he takes Philpot to school on a regular basis doesn’t hold  water unless you say over the last 2 seasons. Prior to the last 2 seasons Philpot took Shope to the woodshed.
Those were Chad coached teams! Chad is a phenomenal baseball coach and in all honesty should be Head Coach. I look for Chase to come back one day and take over and the Hounds will be state title contenders every year when he comes back..

(04-17-2024, 10:52 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Philpot is a good coach. He’s won a lot of baseball games there. He’s also had a lot of good talent come through that school as it always does. But for a first time coach to be as consistent and have the tenure and length he’s done so far has been really good.

Back in March Coach Shope got his 500th career WIN,  Coach Philpot got his 200th career WIN last week..I’m not knocking Philpot as he’s won 200 games fairly quickly but Shope just has the experience and knowledge that you want your kid to play for. It’s amazing what he’s accomplished at Whitley in his tenure already..

I don’t disagree. To be honest if I were the parent of one or two of those Corbin kids I would of had them driving a little further south to school every day
(04-17-2024, 06:07 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Whitley County defeats Corbin 7-3. Swept the Hounds 8-1 at Corbin and 7-3 at Whitley last night. Corbin needs Coach Shope as he takes Philpot to school on a regular basis….

Corbin doesn't need Coach Shope. They need to keep getting their hind ends smoked Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42

Prior to that Shope was building the program. Has nothing to do with  talent coming in cycles. Whitley County has won with less talent..
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42