Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region All-A
Starts tomorrow with a good one.    Hazard/Breathitt.   Winner gets Wolfe.    

Lee/Cordia
Leslie/Jenkins. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts?
Hazard and Breathitt will catch a break with weather. They can pitch whoever they want tomorrow, and when it rains Tues , Wednesday, Thursday, come right back against Wolfe to pitch them again.. Winner will be either Hazard or Breathitt
Crazy how this bracket is set up. Breathitt/Hazard first round and then winner getting Wolfe. Winner comes out of those three. The Breathitt/Hazard game should be a good one.
Those are good games. I still think it’s Knott co to win or lose. They have beat all those teams and as of right now playing better than any of the other ones in the all A sectional.
(04-08-2024, 03:40 PM)Baseball247 Wrote: Those are good games. I still think it’s Knott co to win or lose. They have beat all those teams and as of right now playing better than any of the other ones in the all A sectional.

I agree with you they are playing well, but I don’t think they are participating this year in the All A. I may be wrong but someone told me they were not on the bracket. Can anyone confirm if that’s true?
(04-08-2024, 05:55 PM)14th Official Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 03:40 PM)Baseball247 Wrote: Those are good games. I still think it’s Knott co to win or lose. They have beat all those teams and as of right now playing better than any of the other ones in the all A sectional.

I agree with you they are playing well, but I don’t think they are participating this year in the All A. I may be wrong but someone told me they were not on the bracket. Can anyone confirm if that’s true?

Knott is not in the All A anymore. All A is 10 smallest schools in the region. Since Jenkins rejoined it knocked Knott out. 

would make a heck of a tournament that way. 

Hazard currently up 6-0 1 out bottom of 2nd
(04-08-2024, 05:55 PM)14th Official Wrote:

Knott is not in the All A anymore. All A is 10 smallest schools in the region. Since Jenkins rejoined it knocked Knott out. 

would make a heck of a tournament that way. 

Hazard currently up 6-0 1 out bottom of 2nd
Knott Co will be in the All A next year. They will actually play Wolfe in the 2nd round due to both getting a bye for the first round. They are in bottom bracket, while Breathitt and Hazard are on top of the bracket for next year’s All A tournament. All A is schools with 575 enrollment and below
(04-08-2024, 09:47 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: Knott Co will be in the All A next year. They will actually play Wolfe in the 2nd round due to both getting a bye for the first round. They are in bottom bracket, while Breathitt and Hazard are on top of the bracket for next year’s All A tournament. All A is schools with 575 enrollment and below

gotcha I thought it was 10 lowest schools in region but that makes sense. Knott can’t be over 575 by much
It was all hazard tonight.
Wolfe 7. Hazard 1
May as well been the championship game in this one. Wolfe should go on to win their first baseball All A championship.
(04-08-2024, 10:07 PM)SidelineFan Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 09:47 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: Knott Co will be in the All A next year. They will actually play Wolfe in the 2nd round due to both getting a bye for the first round. They are in bottom bracket, while Breathitt and Hazard are on top of the bracket for next year’s All A tournament. All A is schools with 575 enrollment and below

gotcha I thought it was 10 lowest schools in region but that makes sense. Knott can’t be over 575 by much
Unless something has changed in recent years the All A uses an enrollment policy with no specific number. The smallest 125 high schools in the KHSAA that choose to play in the All A tournament are eligible. Due to consolidations in the past two decades the enrollment qualification number for schools have increased over the years. The All A doesn’t use the same format that the KHSAA uses for football. They have their own independent requirements. The All A is actually an independent invitational state tournament.
Wolfe wins their first All A Region championship.
(04-15-2024, 12:09 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Wolfe wins their first All A Region championship.
Very cool for that town
The boys from Wolfe Co brought it in the Championship… Won 11-6… Congrats on their first All A region Championship
(04-15-2024, 10:33 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: The boys from Wolfe Co brought it in the Championship… Won 11-6… Congrats on their first All A region Championship
Good for them. I couldn’t be happier for that community, coaches and players. Who all did they play in the tournament?
Beat Hazard 7-1
Lee 16-1
Leslie 11-6
Wolfe seems to be clicking right now winning the All A and beating Knott tonight. When do they play in the All A state? And who do they Play?
(04-17-2024, 12:59 AM)Bluecat Wrote: Wolfe seems to be clicking right now winning the All A and beating Knott tonight. When do they play in the All A state? And who do they Play?
Wolfe will be playing Harlan in the semi-state with the winner playing the winner of Carlisle County/Lyon County in Richmond on 4/27.

https://www.allaclassic.org/wp-content/u...kets-1.pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bluecat
(04-17-2024, 04:58 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 12:59 AM)Bluecat Wrote: Wolfe seems to be clicking right now winning the All A and beating Knott tonight. When do they play in the All A state? And who do they Play?
Wolfe will be playing Harlan in the semi-state with the winner playing the winner of Carlisle County/Lyon County in Richmond on 4/27.

https://www.allaclassic.org/wp-content/u...kets-1.pdf
Wow! Would be very cool to see them make a run at state tournament.
Bluecat has no clue. Wolfe County is awful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Bluecat
(04-29-2024, 09:06 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Bluecat has no clue. Wolfe County is awful.
Don’t see how you can say Wolfe is awful. They lost to Lyon Co who is ranked #14 in state and lost in Finals of All A state because they used their two best pitchers against Wolfe and Sayre. Plus Wolfe has wins over Hazard, Johnson Central, Lawrence, and Knott.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HappyPappy's post:
  • Bluecat