Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Basketball Fact!! PLEASE READ!!!
Smile Does any of our "fans" realize that in the 00-01 season, the team started out 3-5 and ended up making the sweet 16??? Please qoute me if i have the wrong season here but I know i am close!! Common guys its getting ridiculious!!! We will make the tourney. It is not gonna be as bad as ppl think. Yesterday was the best game we have played this year. Thats an improvement!
They did play well, not saying the refs cost us the game but they did have their part in it.
Nice shot Crawford, I would rather have Porter shooting it.
There was more talent on that 00-01 team than the current team.

I think Kentucky will come around later on in the season.
blackcat_student Wrote:There was more talent on that 00-01 team than the current team.

I Agree.
True
Sorry, but this team DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE TO THE 2000-2001 team! Tubby left us IN A MESS!!!
I dont understand how you can say Tubby left us in a mess. Crawford and Bradley are good players that have to put up with crap like that from fans and the coach. If it not for those two yesterday, it wouldnt have been as close as it was. Those 2 plus Patterson are the best players on this team. Yeah Tubby did bring in Coury, Porter, Harris and 7 foot bumbling retard Carter, but he also brought us Meeks and Jasper who may be injured right now but are among the other top talent players Crawford, Bradley and Patterson. Stewart needs more playing time, he is better than Coury but yet i dont even think he got to play any yesterday. I wonder why that was, probably coach being an idiot as usual. So with all that said, I only have one other thing to add, lay off Tubby, he is coaching a team right now with less talent than we have here and they are at 7-1 right now against some better competition than we have played with the exception of UNC and Indiana.
[INDENT]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I dont understand how you can say Tubby left us in a mess. Crawford and Bradley are good players that have to put up with crap like that from fans and the coach. If it not for those two yesterday, it wouldnt have been as close as it was. Those 2 plus Patterson are the best players on this team. Yeah Tubby did bring in Coury, Porter, Harris and 7 foot bumbling retard Carter, but he also brought us Meeks and Jasper who may be injured right now but are among the other top talent players Crawford, Bradley and Patterson. Stewart needs more playing time, he is better than Coury but yet i dont even think he got to play any yesterday. I wonder why that was, probably coach being an idiot as usual. So with all that said, I only have one other thing to add, lay off Tubby, he is coaching a team right now with less talent than we have here and they are at 7-1 right now against some better competition than we have played with the exception of UNC and Indiana.
I agree with you a 100%....everyone bashed tubby when he left but look what he is doing right now with the team he is at and look what a mess were in....this kentucky team is just a joke....there is no way tubby would have let a team get in the shape that were in now....and still why is stewart not playing and why in sam **** is he playing porter still.....
[/INDENT]
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]
I agree with you a 100%....everyone bashed tubby when he left but look what he is doing right now with the team he is at and look what a mess were in....this kentucky team is just a joke....there is no way tubby would have let a team get in the shape that were in now....and still why is stewart not playing and why in sam **** is he playing porter still.....
[/INDENT]

HaHa i just got the best laugh of the day by reading the 2 post above me. You all obviously don't know much about basketball and it is fans like you that Kentucky has the name it has fan wise. Tubby smith has played a cupcake schedule at Minnesota if you all would clear your heads and go to espn and check their schedule then you will see the only decent team that minnesota has played this year beat them by double digits in Flordia state. Kentucky has played a lot rougher schedule. This is a rebuilding season guys its going to take coach g 2-3 years to get Tubby Smith division two players out of the way. Another thing to look at is that these boys that played for Tubby Smith never had to work hard. Now that they do they do not know how to act. Patterson has more heart on that team than all of the others put together.
All i have to say is we are lucky the name Kentucky is across our chests because if this team keeps playing they way they are the ONLY thing that will keep us in the NCAA Tourny is some miracle turn around OR our tradition will get us an At-Large bid depending on the record and as of now its not looking good folks. This is the demise of the program.
blackcat_student Wrote:There was more talent on that 00-01 team than the current team.

Correct you are. I think that by the end of the year we may see what next season may hold.
In regard to the 3-5 start in 00-01. If you have a link to check, we may have lost two quick ones in an early season tourney, which (if your team is not prepared) they could have lost possibly 3 games. (I may go to UK athletics and repost.) That team probably was a little more capable of recovering from an early season stumble. This team...... Not so much. Yes the SEC will be a joke but we will still take a few beatings leaving us with a horrid record.
But towards the end of the season I totally expect to see a complete turn around in the teams demeanor and their playing.
We may have witnessed the lowest point of the transition to a new coach with a new style, so just lean back, give him time ( and players) and watch CBC turn this program around.