• 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
(04-21-2024, 02:41 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:59 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 04:27 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote: I heard that a kid that used to play at Betsy Layne went to Prestonsburg last week.

Who?
Brayden Meadows.
 Meadows went to Martin County
Did he play at Betsy Lane last year?
Yea talking about the Estridge kid, I think he is definitely one best players in the Region,will be the perfect fit to lead us to a Region title..
(04-22-2024, 12:05 AM)devils88 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 04:27 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote: I heard that a kid that used to play at Betsy Layne went to Prestonsburg last week.

Who?
Brayden Meadows.

He went to school there but did not play basketball last season.
(04-22-2024, 08:36 AM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 12:05 AM)devils88 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Who?
Brayden Meadows.

He went to school there but did not play basketball last season.
He played his freshmen year, and was one of the 8 kids that quit under Newsome. He was a good player for the middle school.
1.Keene from East Ridge to Pikeville
2. Sykes from Shelby Valley to Pikeville
3.Eskridge from Prestonsburg to Betsy Layne
4. Slone from Pike Central to Betsy Layne
5. Lawson from Menifee County to Pike Central
6. Weddington from Phelps to Pike Central
7. Collins from Betsy Layne to Johnson Central
8. Wallace from Shelby Valley back to Phelps

That's the scoop as of APRIL 23, 2024
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
Seen some talk in this post about rumors of Ethan Cole possibly transferring across the creek to Central. I have it from a very reliable source that he isn't going anywhere, and will remain at Paintsville. He had a great freshman season, and will be the focal point for the Tigers moving forward, expect big things for him in year 2.
(04-23-2024, 11:25 AM)-STAT- Wrote: Seen some talk in this post about rumors of Ethan Cole possibly transferring across the creek to Central. I have it from a very reliable source that he isn't going anywhere, and will remain at Paintsville. He had a great freshman season, and will be the focal point for the Tigers moving forward, expect big things for him in year 2.
He has been a great player for Paintsville the last two seasons. I've also heard he isn't leaving. He has great size, and with Woods, not many teams can match up with them. Paintsville is a sleeping giant that people are overlooking
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeraldDaLoved's post:
  • -STAT-
(04-23-2024, 02:34 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 11:25 AM)-STAT- Wrote: Seen some talk in this post about rumors of Ethan Cole possibly transferring across the creek to Central. I have it from a very reliable source that he isn't going anywhere, and will remain at Paintsville. He had a great freshman season, and will be the focal point for the Tigers moving forward, expect big things for him in year 2.
He has been a great player for Paintsville the last two seasons. I've also heard he isn't leaving. He has great size, and with Woods, not many teams can match up with them. Paintsville is a sleeping giant that people are overlooking

I will agree. A lot of the attention will be directed toward Central with the run they had last year, but those that are better not overlook Paintsville. They've got a great core with 2 players like you mentioned with Cole & Woods who are only going to get bigger and stronger, and you can run the offense throuhh them both. Then Lauffer is a great ball handler and facilitator, and can finish strong at the rim as well. They will also have some complimentary players to fill out their roles as well. No doubt coach Slone will have them ready to play come November.
Weddington isn’t going anywhere.
Seen where Betsy Layne has Jackson Estridge and Chris Spriggs, watched them at Sportsplex with Parsons and Pente. No team can run with them 4 and Isiah Allen and 2 good bigs,, Mike bringing a title to the hill boys
Keightly not going nowhere. Nobody wants him. Will destroy a program alone with his disillusioned dad. If his dad would leave him alone and quit blowing him up it would be OK. HE is a good kid. Could it be 4 schools in 4 years?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • BlackCat5
Sources telling me Estridge will enroll at his new school tomorrow or Friday and more than likely he’ll be a Bobcat, now if we can get us the big I’m hearing the Region will go through Betsy Layne
Who is the big you are hearing of? Also, that Sportsplex league, was Collins playing for them? If so, does this mean he isn't going to Johnson Central? Or is this just some AAU/Summer Ball type of situation where kids just play without school affiliation?
It’s not school affiliated so some kids may play for different schools but I think only if they intend on attending there. Collins didn’t play for us but Estridge and Chris Spriggs was playing for Betsy Layne
(04-24-2024, 10:31 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: It’s not school affiliated so some kids may play for different schools but I think only if they intend on attending there. Collins didn’t play for us but Estridge and Chris Spriggs was playing for Betsy Layne
Their is a kid (Noble) playing on Wolfe Co at the sports plex that attends Jackson City HS. He has zero intention on attending Wolfe, he's just playing with his friends and AAU buddies. So it's just extra basketball, no intentions are required. No different than an organized pickup game
(04-24-2024, 10:31 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: It’s not school affiliated so some kids may play for different schools but I think only if they intend on attending there. Collins didn’t play for us but Estridge and Chris Spriggs was playing for Betsy Layne

Caught the game, if it’s not school affiliated, then why are they wearing Betsy Layne practice Jerseys and gear? What is their name on the Sportsplex schedule?
Don’t know some teams wore shirts some wore blank jerseys, I know a kid from Menifee was playing with Wolfe to so think it’s more of get them on the court together I think, it seems like last year a few of our kids played with Prestonsburg
(04-24-2024, 11:39 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Don’t know some teams wore shirts some wore blank jerseys, I know a kid from Menifee was playing with Wolfe to so think it’s more of get them on the court together I think, it seems like last year a few of our kids played with  Prestonsburg
I was told that Estridge played on both Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne teams on Tuesday. That Prestonsburg had early game there. So it's more about getting court time, instead of where there could be going to at this point. Will know for sure here shortly, as there are many eligibility rules that have to be met when varsity minutes have been played during last season. Next few weeks will be interesting for sure. Right now it's speculation until enrollment has been made for transfers, i.e. kids that have already enrolled at Pikeville to start the eligibility process.
(04-24-2024, 06:37 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Sources telling me Estridge will enroll at his new school tomorrow or Friday and more than likely he’ll be a Bobcat, now if we can get us the big I’m hearing the Region will go through Betsy Layne

Don't see BL getting anyone. Those kids playing with them is false hope. Only pushing their kids that are currently there further behind.
Guys I’m sorry but the region is not going through Betsy Layne or Floyd central for that matter. It will the usual Pikeville JC paintsville Martin county etc. I wish it wasn’t the case but that’s how it’s been for about 30 yrs now. Not changing anytime soon
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jagsforlife's post:
  • BlackCat5
(04-25-2024, 01:16 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 06:37 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Sources telling me Estridge will enroll at his new school tomorrow or Friday and more than likely he’ll be a Bobcat, now if we can get us the big I’m hearing the Region will go through Betsy Layne

Don't see BL getting anyone. Those kids playing with them is false hope. Only pushing their kids that are currently there further behind.

I'd have to disagree, I'd just wait and see because I think you will definitely see a couple of fresh faces at Betsy Layne next season
Dont think Estridge is going to BL. Could be wrong. Pburg coaching is in flux from what I’m hearing so it’s about to get bad (not that it was great to begin with).
(04-25-2024, 03:27 PM)BCF4L Wrote: Dont think Estridge is going to BL. Could be wrong. Pburg coaching is in flux from what I’m hearing so it’s about to get bad (not that it was great to begin with).
I agree on Estridge. I think he will stay there. It will be interesting to see who is selected to coach there. They get chewed up and spit out on S Lake Dr.
(04-25-2024, 03:45 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 03:27 PM)BCF4L Wrote: Dont think Estridge is going to BL. Could be wrong. Pburg coaching is in flux from what I’m hearing so it’s about to get bad (not that it was great to begin with).
I agree on Estridge. I think he will stay there. It will be interesting to see who is selected to coach there. They get chewed up and spit out on S Lake Dr.
He’s already left but I’m not spilling the beans. Love the kid and wish him the best.
(04-25-2024, 01:04 AM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 11:39 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Don’t know some teams wore shirts some wore blank jerseys, I know a kid from Menifee was playing with Wolfe to so think it’s more of get them on the court together I think, it seems like last year a few of our kids played with  Prestonsburg
I was told that Estridge played on both Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne teams on Tuesday. That Prestonsburg had early game there. So it's more about getting court time, instead of where there could be going to at this point. Will know for sure here shortly, as there are many eligibility rules that have to be met when varsity minutes have been played during last season. Next few weeks will be interesting for sure. Right now it's speculation until enrollment has been made for transfers, i.e. kids that have already enrolled at Pikeville to start the eligibility process.
I mean no disrespect to the kids but I have seen first hand the talent level at the Sportsplex the last 2 weeks and other than 2 teams I watched their wasn't a whole lot of talent in the building--but I understand a lot of kids are playing baseball etc. Again no shade but def nothing to get excited about from what I seen. Just my Opinion
Yea heard we lost Estridge, he was a great kid , I wanted him more then any kid in Region, he fit really good with our boys, but I wish him the best, could never root against him. Whatever team got him will be a favorite to win Region or atleast one of the 3 best teams in the 15th but still think we are getting 2 more
Estridge to Martin County. Saw him earlier, after they enrolled.
What will D&D do now? Martin County does not allow streaming at their games due to their contract with NFHS. Didn’t Martin lose basically every contributor this year to graduation?
(04-25-2024, 07:24 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: What will D&D do now? Martin County does not allow streaming at their games due to their contract with NFHS. Didn’t Martin lose basically every contributor this year to graduation?

No their big guy #21 was just a sophomore
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-25-2024, 09:51 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 07:24 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: What will D&D do now? Martin County does not allow streaming at their games due to their contract with NFHS. Didn’t Martin lose basically every contributor this year to graduation?

No their big guy #21 was just a sophomore
They got Maynard, Davis & Dials coming back. They all played plenty of mins. Maynard is a Sophmore, Davis a Junior and Dials an Eighth-grader. They got a transfer from Betsy Layne and now Prestonsburg.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next