Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 61 Boyd County 47 (16th Region Championship)
Final. Ashland took complete control of the 2nd half for the win. It was just like last year the Tomcats win the one that counts.
Six straight regional championships for the Tomcats. They went from 2002 until 2019 between titles and haven’t lost one since.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(03-12-2024, 11:42 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Six straight regional championships for the Tomcats. They went from 2002 until 2019 between titles and haven’t lost one since.
Ashland dominated in every aspect of the game, including coaching. Coach Bonner really had his guys ready for this one. Congrats to the Tomcats.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • Dave k
next up for Ashland is Lyon Co
Will Boyd force Anderson to step down?
(03-13-2024, 04:10 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Will Boyd force Anderson to step down?

I don't think so he and the AD are pretty good friends they do have a new principal, but I don't think he will be let go. They will I think a pretty big favorite in the 16th next season.
(03-13-2024, 04:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 04:10 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Will Boyd force Anderson to step down?

I don't think so he and the AD are pretty good friends they do have a new principal, but I don't think he will be let go. They will I think a pretty big favorite in the 16th next season.
I’m not sure I get that last point based off what I just watched. Ashland returns Carter and more.
Yes they return Carter and he will be the player of the year in the region but they lose two key players off this years team in Freize and Adkins. Boyd only lose one starter in Elles and they have Hicks, Taylor, Spurlock, Holbrook, and Martin. While the Tomcats won the one that counts you must remember that Boyd did beat them the other 3 times they played. It should definitely be these two again to compete for the title. I just think that Boyd returns a little better of a team.
(03-13-2024, 09:01 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Yes they return Carter and he will be the player of the year in the region but they lose two key players off this years team in Freize and Adkins. Boyd only lose one starter in Elles and they have Hicks, Taylor, Spurlock, Holbrook, and Martin. While the Tomcats won the one that counts you must remember that Boyd did beat them the other 3 times they played. It should definitely be these two again to compete for the title. I just think that Boyd returns a little better of a team.
Martin is a senior I thought.

Ashland will have Jennings, Davis, Lalonde and add Sam Lyons and Caleb Clark to their rotation.

Adkins and Freize are good but I don’t think Boyd will be heavy favorites because of that- Ellis was as important as anyone for Boyd.
(03-13-2024, 09:25 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 09:01 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Yes they return Carter and he will be the player of the year in the region but they lose two key players off this years team in Freize and Adkins. Boyd only lose one starter in Elles and they have Hicks, Taylor, Spurlock, Holbrook, and Martin. While the Tomcats won the one that counts you must remember that Boyd did beat them the other 3 times they played. It should definitely be these two again to compete for the title. I just think that Boyd returns a little better of a team.

Ashland will have Jennings, Davis, Lalonde and add Sam Lyons and Caleb Clark to their rotation.

Adkins and Freize are good but I don’t think Boyd will be heavy favorites because of that- Ellis was as important as anyone for Boyd.
(03-13-2024, 09:25 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:

Martin is a senior this year.  I would not discount Ellis.  He was a major part of Boyd’s success this year.  They lose all their post game.  They are now a small shooting guard team that will struggle to get perimeter shots due to no post threat.  Ashland will be the pre-season favorite easily.  Just my opinion.
This year was also supposed to be Boyd's year. I would say that Boyd losing Ellis is a much larger blow than Ashland losing Frieze and Adkins.
I'd say Anderson will retire, and depending on who gets the job, Spurlock may leave. Just my prediction.
(03-14-2024, 10:42 PM)Fanman Wrote: I'd say Anderson will retire, and depending on who gets the job, Spurlock may leave. Just my prediction.

Incoming call from say Montgomery Co. Wink
(03-15-2024, 12:09 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 10:42 PM)Fanman Wrote: I'd say Anderson will retire, and depending on who gets the job, Spurlock may leave. Just my prediction.

Incoming call from say Montgomery Co. Wink
Things would be a lot better for the kid if the call never got leaked and he just came, I’d say.