Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which Mountain team will make biggest improvement in 2024.
This should be interesting read. A lot coaching changes throughout mountains.
Hazard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Son of the Alamo
Leslie county will make some noise this season..
I think Breathitt Co will show big improvement this year. A lot hype last year and didn’t live up to it. But this year no hype and there working really hard and they have alot key pieces back .
(02-28-2024, 10:50 AM)Statebound19 Wrote: I think Breathitt Co will show big improvement this year. A lot hype last year and didn’t live up to it. But this year no hype and there working really hard and they have alot key pieces back .

What are the chances they start a freshman at the QB position this year?
(02-28-2024, 11:38 AM)king360 Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 10:50 AM)Statebound19 Wrote: I think Breathitt Co will show big improvement this year. A lot hype last year and didn’t live up to it. But this year no hype and there working really hard and they have alot key pieces back .

I say pretty good chance. I’m sure they have packages for both QBs.
(02-28-2024, 12:51 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

Best idea IMO, I think Hollon is definitely ready to play. Let him go ahead and get the growing pains out of the way.
(02-28-2024, 01:01 PM)king360 Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 12:51 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

Best idea IMO, I think Hollon is definitely ready to play. Let him go ahead and get the growing pains out of the way.
Not bad idea. You have him for 4 years. He has big arm and pretty quick. I say have QB battle in spring and in summer and who ever emerged will be the starter.
Hollan is definitely the future QB, however he had small stature even tho he’s a hold back. I’m hoping he gains about 20lbs of muscle this summer. He’s a hard worker and if anybody can get ready he will. He’s got a sweet throwing motion and he has some speed. Breathitt will have another struggling season due to this position. I was the only one on this site that pointed this out last season. All the bobcat faithfuls thought they were state bound. I think I posted people will understand how important that position is or Kyle will have to change his offense. We seen the outcome.
Was all the talk on here about different coaches at Breathitt wanting the Hazard job; just chatter?

Does Sperry play football next year?

Will Breathitt play to their strengths or the system they like/feel comfortable in?
(02-28-2024, 02:51 PM)ROTC Wrote: Was all the talk on here about different coaches at Breathitt wanting the Hazard job; just chatter?

Will Breathitt play to their strengths or the system they like/feel comfortable in?
From my understanding none coaches wanted. Just been curious about pay.

(02-28-2024, 03:19 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 02:51 PM)ROTC Wrote: Was all the talk on here about different coaches at Breathitt wanting the Hazard job; just chatter?

from my understanding Sperry plays next year.

(02-28-2024, 02:51 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Hollan is definitely the future QB, however he had small stature even tho he’s a hold back. I’m hoping he gains about 20lbs of muscle this summer. He’s a hard worker and if anybody can get ready he will. He’s got a sweet throwing motion and he has some speed. Breathitt will have another struggling season due to this position. I was the only one on this site that pointed this out last season. All the bobcat faithfuls thought they were state bound. I think I posted people will understand how important that position is or Kyle will have to change his offense. We seen the outcome.
Breathitt will be a different team this year . More improved at all phases of game. Sure both QB will make mistakes but passing game will be much improved from last year.Both QBs are solid. Rb position will have a lot more speed . But they return most starters for two years.
2A Leslie County & 1A Williamsburg
hazard

(02-28-2024, 02:51 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Hollan is definitely the future QB, however he had small stature even tho he’s a hold back. I’m hoping he gains about 20lbs of muscle this summer. He’s a hard worker and if anybody can get ready he will. He’s got a sweet throwing motion and he has some speed. Breathitt will have another struggling season due to this position. I was the only one on this site that pointed this out last season. All the bobcat faithfuls thought they were state bound. I think I posted people will understand how important that position is or Kyle will have to change his offense. We seen the outcome.
Breathitt will be a different team this year . More improved at all phases of game. Sure both QB will make mistakes but passing game will be much improved from last year.Both QBs are solid. Rb position will have a lot more speed . But they return most starters for two years.
Last year they were terribly undisciplined and borderline dirty at times.  Very disappointing. Hoping for improvement in both areas
(02-28-2024, 03:45 PM)64SUR Wrote: 2A Leslie County & 1A Williamsburg
I agree with Leslie.  I can see them being a contender in 2A with the combination of Collett and Kilburn.   Wish them the best of luck.   Go Dores!
Williamsburg should be better with some experience in the skill positions.  Probably can't threaten the juggernaut that is Pikeville, but should look a lot more like a typical WHS team.
I'm excited for Hazard. I have a poor track record at predictions, so I won't guess about next season. I just have a feeling that Chandler will lead them in a new direction.
(02-28-2024, 06:33 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Last year they were terribly undisciplined and borderline dirty at times.  Very disappointing.  Hoping for improvement in both areas
I’m with you on that!!! Silly stuff last year. But I got good feeling a lot stuff won’t  happen this year. Especially with adding Holcomb to the staff.
In 1A I think Williamsburg is the most likely to show the mountain team that shows biggest signs of improvement. I think Hazard has the most room to show improvement simply bc they have been so far removed from where they used to be. I think it will be a year or two though before they are back to being competitive with the better 1A teams though. Wburg however should be in the mix as a top 5 team this year.
Im interested to see what happens at Pulaski Co with Burns in his first year.

Same for South Laurel with Hines.

What about Whitley?
(02-29-2024, 10:30 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Im interested to see what happens at Pulaski Co with Burns in his first year. 

Same for South Laurel with Hines.

What about Whitley?
Yes that 3 interesting teams. I really think Coach Burns wins right away. A lot talent coming up through Pulaski. South Laurel I think going take few years to get going there. 
Whitley Co shoe flashes be pretty good team last year. Not sure about what returns. Really like there QB last year.
Team I think grows leaps and bounds is Belfry. They will have a lot coming back and some really good young guys. Really good QB and look for them to use his arm more. Return some good skill and quick RB.
LAWRENCE CO.
(02-29-2024, 08:21 PM)AADKINS Wrote: LAWRENCE CO.
LC will be an interesting watch. Young talent…how they develop will speak to their young coach.  The coaching staff definitely had some growing pains throughout last season.  How will they continue to develop?  IMO…they will show marked improvement over last year.  Still think they’re destiny lies in the 2025 and 2026 seasons.
(02-29-2024, 08:17 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Team I think grows leaps and bounds is Belfry. They will have a lot coming back and some really good young guys. Really good QB and look for them to use his arm more. Return some good skill and quick RB.
I agree having their qb back will be huge but I disagree that they’ll improve by leaps and bounds especially offensively…..they lost their two biggest offensive playmakers in Young and Wollum. I just don’t see the Pirates taking a huge step forward. Maybe I’m wrong, if I am I’ll gladly eat crow. I actually hope they have a great season but I just don’t see where the offensive threat comes from.

(02-29-2024, 10:13 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
LC will be an interesting watch. Young talent…how they develop will speak to their young coach.  The coaching staff definitely had some growing pains throughout last season.  How will they continue to develop?  IMO…they will show marked improvement over last year.  Still think they’re destiny lies in the 2025 and 2026 seasons.
I’m with OJW, I think LC is one year away. They have some serious talent in that Frosh class, will they be ready as Sophomores? I’m thinking their Jr year might be their coming out party.
Whitley County Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-01-2024, 12:16 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 08:17 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Team I think grows leaps and bounds is Belfry. They will have a lot coming back and some really good young guys. Really good QB and look for them to use his arm more. Return some good skill and quick RB.
I agree having their qb back will be huge but I disagree that they’ll improve by leaps and bounds especially offensively…..they lost their two biggest offensive playmakers in Young and Wollum. I just don’t see the Pirates taking a huge step forward. Maybe I’m wrong, if I am I’ll gladly eat crow. I actually hope they have a great season but I just don’t see where the offensive threat comes from.

What happened all studs they had in middle school for last 3/4 years. They always have talent coming up. That soph jr class should really strong class

(02-29-2024, 10:13 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
I’m with OJW, I think LC is one year away. They have some serious talent in that Frosh class, will they be ready as Sophomores? I’m thinking their Jr year might be their coming out party.
LC is in a similar with Hazard. They have incoming Frosh classes that have played extremely well over the years. Both schools have some coaching ifs and buts at this point, but the Frosh classes of both Dog pounds…have a lot of talent and a lot of big game experience with their schools at the state level as well as FBU experience. I agree that coaching will be the biggest factor for both programs.
Hazard, Letcher Central, Belfry, and possibly Breathitt.
I think Letcher and Williamsburg will showcase big improvements in their respective classes. While I don't expect either to compete for a state title next year, I believe they'll show enough improvement to generate some excitement for both programs.