Poll: Kentucky vs. Auburn (Who wins?)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
50.00%
Auburn
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Auburn Predictions/Updates/Discussion 2-17-24
The Cats travel to Auburn to take on the Tigers in a big SEC game. The game is scheduled for a 6:00pm tip on ESPN. Also, ESPN's College Game Day will be at Auburn for the game as well. Go Cats!!
I've got my fingers crossed, but not optimistic. The commentators were bragging all game last night about how UK's defense was so much better......BS!!! It was marginally better but still has a lot of room for improvement. Bruce Pearl may be a douche (depending on your opinion) BUT he's a great motivator and has had good luck when playing UK.
(02-14-2024, 05:29 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I've got my fingers crossed, but not optimistic.  The commentators were bragging all game last night about how UK's defense was so much better......BS!!!  It was marginally better but still has a lot of room for improvement.  Bruce Pearl may be a douche (depending on your opinion) BUT he's a great motivator and has had good luck when playing UK.

That's me. I have some hope that we can steal one there but it will be a tough task. Pearl is a douche but he'll have his guys sky high for this one. We can win there but it will take a total team effort(and we can't turn the ball over 15 times). If I was a betting man, I'd say Auburn will win. But sine I am more Jimmy the Geek than Jimmy the Greek, I'll go with my Cats by five.
Auburn doesn't have the toughest schedule to date-- very backloaded & only three teams were ranked when they met (#20, 22 & 16). Their best win by far is against Alabama (who they split with).

Tonight's game between Auburn and South Carolina will obviously have a large influence in this, but right now ESPN'S matchup predictor is giving an 82.7% chance of an Auburn victory.

The Tigers have an 89.7% likelihood in the same metric for tonight's game against South Carolina and the line is at -11.5.

If they hold serve, you'd expect the opening line to be roughly Auburn -7.5.

I say Kentucky is up to the challenge and leaves the Plains with a 3 point win. I think Kentucky actually takes two of three from Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee. Otherwise, I see one more snag against an Arkansas team playing for their lives or a fluke performance by LSU or MSU.
I'd love to finish 6-1, which certainly can happen. 5-2 is probably most likely but a 4-3 finish wouldn't shock me, If we get a win at Auburn, I think we finish up strong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Auburn wins. Prove me wrong Cats.
And I don’t like Bruce P. Necklace much either.
(02-14-2024, 04:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Auburn wins. Prove me wrong Cats.
And I don’t like Bruce P. Necklace much either.

I like Cal okay but I don't want to see his damn titties. Pearl is lowlife. Good coach but a lowlife.

Ewwwwwwwwwww
(02-14-2024, 04:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Ewwwwwwwwwww

He might have a good physique for an old guy his age but he shouldn't be showing his titties.  Disgusting, unethical guy. I hope we blast them on Saturday.

Thumbnail(s)

I may be mistaken, but I believe this was taken at UT. He was half naked at the game in support of PHS. I thought it was pretty cool. Most male head coaches wouldn't have the cahoonas to do that for a woman. Wink
Moobs are the worst
(Man boobs for the uninformed)
(02-14-2024, 07:13 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I may be mistaken, but I believe this was taken at UT.  He was half naked at the game in support of PHS.  I thought it was pretty cool.  Most male head coaches wouldn't have the cahoonas to do that for a woman.  Wink

No, that wasn't the UT one. The one I posted , I'm pretty sure , was at an Auburn football game.  Dude takes his clothes off everywhere. I think here's the one you're talking about:

Trouble has found this scumbag at every single stop in his coaching career. It's really a shame because the guy has some real skills. An old man showing his titties over and over again seems to suggest he might be a narcissistic exhibitionist. I hope he's never, ever sitting on the home bench at Rupp Arena. That would be hard to root for.

(02-14-2024, 08:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Moobs are the worst
(Man boobs for the uninformed)

Moobs!!!!    Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

You are right OSH!!!  I didn't know he also like to get naked at football games!!!
I just want to forget what auburn did to South Carolina completely! We got our work cut out of for us. This is going to be a very tough tough game. If we were to somehow pull this one out somehow, it could be the best win of the season so far IMO; circumstances and state we in. Don’t even want to think about it just yet because it’s gonna be so tough!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wildcat_blue's post:
  • Granny Bear
(02-15-2024, 08:39 AM)Wildcat_blue Wrote: I just want to forget what auburn did to South Carolina completely!  We got our work cut out of for us.  This is going to be a very tough tough game.  If we were to somehow pull this one out somehow, it could be the best win of the season so far IMO; circumstances and state we in.  Don’t even want to think about it just yet because it’s gonna be so tough!

We're gonna have a chance to see what a REAL home court advantage looks like, not the wealthy old folks home that is Rupp Arena.  17 straight wins for Auburn at home... 3 out of 4 losses at home for UK.
For the people who blame the fans and players and everyone but the guy being paid zillions to coach, Kyle Tucker said the atmosphere in Rupp was the best he had ever seen it in the 3 bad home losses.
Auburn has wealthy and old fans too.
(02-15-2024, 12:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: For the people who blame the fans and players and everyone but the guy being paid zillions to coach, Kyle Tucker said the atmosphere in Rupp was the best he had ever seen it in the 3 bad home losses.
If that is true how does 9,000 students at Duke have more appeal to younger athletes than 21,000 at Rupp?  Doesn’t make much sense does it and auburn has a very hard road environment!  Kids feed off crowds and home court advantage can easily give a team points on the board before the game starts.  Will they win you games, maybe but most like not, will it make you play harder absolutely IMO
You totally disregarded what Tucker said.
The fans at Rupp are fine and they aren’t paid zillions to make sure the players play hard. The coach is.
(02-15-2024, 12:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 07:13 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I may be mistaken, but I believe this was taken at UT.  He was half naked at the game in support of PHS.  I thought it was pretty cool.  Most male head coaches wouldn't have the cahoonas to do that for a woman.  Wink

No, that wasn't the UT one. The one I posted , I'm pretty sure , was at an Auburn football game.   Dude takes his clothes off everywhere. I think here's the one you're talking about:

Trouble has found this scumbag at every single stop in his coaching career. It's really a shame because the guy has some real skills. An old man showing his titties over and over again seems to suggest he might be a narcissistic exhibitionist. I hope he's never, ever sitting on the home bench at Rupp Arena. That would be hard to root for.

I don’t like Pearl either, but might want to sit out the moral judgments. Cal has been in more trouble than Pearl.
This will be ugly for the cats I’m afraid. Gonna be like a bully picking on the soft kid!
(02-15-2024, 12:17 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 12:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: For the people who blame the fans and players and everyone but the guy being paid zillions to coach, Kyle Tucker said the atmosphere in Rupp was the best he had ever seen it in the 3 bad home losses.
If that is true how does 9,000 students at Duke have more appeal to younger athletes than 21,000 at Rupp?  Doesn’t make much sense does it and auburn has a very hard road environment!  Kids feed off crowds and home court advantage can easily give a team points on the board before the game starts.  Will they win you games, maybe but most like not, will it make you play harder absolutely IMO

Need to move all the rich old folks to the upper rafters (or to nursing homes) and let thousands of kids get crazy down close like at Duke.  First, they need to rename the Court, Cal's Court .
(02-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Need to move all the rich old folks to the upper rafters (or to nursing homes) and let thousands of kids get crazy down close like at Duke.  First, they need to rename the Court, Cal's Court .
Just one game a year, just one, I would love to see a drawing for any Kentucky student attending a college in the state to be able to get tickets.  Just once lol, that would be incredible
(02-15-2024, 04:54 PM)Wildcat_blue Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Just one game a year, just one, I would love to see a drawing for any Kentucky student attending a college in the state to be able to get tickets.  Just once lol, that would be incredible

The rich, nursing home crowd rules the roost at UK. They sit and do word search puzzles , fart, and shit their pants while taking up space in their ultra expensive lower arena seat. That's okay with jetpilot, though.
SEC pulls off another win here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Granny Bear
Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
Feb 12
Rupp Arena was as good as I’ve seen/heard it for each of the last three games. That ain’t it.
Mitchell?
@cleky_
·
Feb 12
Replying to @KyleTucker_ATH
It’s because Rupp has turned into Rupp retirement home
Rupp sucks. Got folks in the lower arena reading books during the game and never even clapping
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • rookie57
(02-15-2024, 01:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 12:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

No, that wasn't the UT one. The one I posted , I'm pretty sure , was at an Auburn football game.   Dude takes his clothes off everywhere. I think here's the one you're talking about:

I don’t like Pearl either, but might want to sit out the moral judgments. Cal has been in more trouble than Pearl.
Cal had enough sense to stay in front of it though.

(02-15-2024, 02:12 PM)rookie57 Wrote: This will be ugly for the cats I’m afraid. Gonna be like a bully picking on the soft kid!
Makes my stomach flip when I think about it.
(02-15-2024, 09:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Rupp sucks. Got folks in the lower arena reading books during the game and never even clapping

Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
Feb 12
Rupp Arena was as good as I’ve seen/heard it for each of the last three games. That ain’t it.
Mitchell?
@cleky_
·
Feb 12
Replying to @KyleTucker_ATH
It’s because Rupp has turned into Rupp retirement home
Is cal still coach?

Then I’d bet on the other team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-15-2024, 09:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Rupp sucks. Got folks in the lower arena reading books during the game and never even clapping

You are correct.  I've seen  a couple of folks knitting and others doing word search puzzles. As Spud said, Rupp sucks(it does and he did)!!!