Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe Co. 68 Magoffin Co. 59
Big win for the Wolves at Magoffin!! Magoffin is a tough place to go and get a win.
I picked this game as well! Congrats Wolfe Co.
Congrats Wolfe.
Congrats Wolfe
I must say that this was a very hard fought game for Magoffin! Wolfe County was playing very rough tonight! Many bad calls made espically in the 2nd half. When people start to get hurt thats when the game has gotten out of control which was excatly what happened tonight! Within the first min or two of the game a player from wolfe was trying to fight one of Magoffins players. And flipping off Magoffins pep section is not very sportsman like. If one of our players had done that, they would be taken out of the game thats for sure!
Good win Wolfe!
I agree with 15thRegionCheer, I thought that Wolfe County’s team was very rude...when one of Magoffin's players was laying on the ground hurt one of Wolfe County's players was bent over double laughing at him.. and their coach saw him and said nothing. I mean it is one thing to play hard and fight for every rebound and play tough D but there is no need to be rude and swear and act that way! I am just glad that none of the players were seriously injured... the refs let it get way out of hand!
the refs was pretty bad last night i would say if they didnt call 10 charges on magoffin they didnt call any
magic man Wrote:the refs was pretty bad last night i would say if they didnt call 10 charges on magoffin they didnt call any

My advice to Magoffin County. Don't charge next game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i agree the officials were horrible..
I think that Wolfe Co. has a better team than they have had in a few years. I dont remember seeing any rude behavior from any of the players and coaches when we played them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think that Wolfe Co. has a better team than they have had in a few years. I dont remember seeing any rude behavior from any of the players and coaches when we played them.

yulp, they was pretty rude last night. might not happen every game but they sure was last night. as for the game, got very physical, refs called little weak fouls when they werent calling the fouls that was obvious.
Super_de Wrote:yulp, they was pretty rude last night. might not happen every game but they sure was last night. as for the game, got very physical, refs called little weak fouls when they werent calling the fouls that was obvious.
Magoffin is typically one of the roughest teams around especially at home. So maybe Wolfe was being provoked...you think??
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think that Wolfe Co. has a better team than they have had in a few years. I dont remember seeing any rude behavior from any of the players and coaches when we played them.

Obviously you didn't come to this game, because anyone that was there could see that Wolfe Co. was being very rude! As i mentioned before, one of the players from Wolfe Co. flipped off and cussed at our pep section! If thats not rude then i have been taught wrong all my life. And laughing at a player that was injured just goes to show the lack of sportsmenship from these players.
bball fan Wrote:Magoffin is typically one of the roughest teams around especially at home. So maybe Wolfe was being provoked...you think??

didnt say nothing bad about them being physical did i? i said the game was physical from both sides, but i was sayin the players from wolfe was bein jus plain out rude.
Nope, I wasnt at the game, I just said they didnt do anything rude when our team played them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Nope, I wasnt at the game, I just said they didnt do anything rude when our team played them.
Well they sure did during this game!
Super_de Wrote:didnt say nothing bad about them being physical did i? i said the game was physical from both sides, but i was sayin the players from wolfe was bein jus plain out rude.
I know what you are sayin...but I am sayin that everyone on here has been to games at Magoffin Co. and no one feels your pain because every team has been shafted and/or beat up over there at least once!!
bball fan Wrote:I know what you are sayin...but I am sayin that everyone on here has been to games at Magoffin Co. and no one feels your pain because every team has been shafted and/or beat up over there at least once!!

I would sure love to know how in the heck you can say something like that about Magoffin, when 99.9% of the officials in the 15th region are not from Magoffin. Why would any official from out of county have so many ties for Magoffin to shaft other teams and most of the time their officiating their home counties school at Magoffin.
Furthermore, it's not like Magoffin hasn't got the shaft at other schools. People get the shaft any time your on the road. I'm not trying to say that it doesn't happen at Magoffin, just saying that it's not likely to happen, since we don't have the 6th, 7th, and maybe 8th man on the floor like some of the other schools have had.
Next, it is well known throughout the state, that when you are playing an opposing region, the home school gets a little home cooking. This doesn't happen at Magoffin. We wouldn't be able to get home cooking if we played the Pluto People Eaters.
Finally, there was one official last night that has made several statements about Magoffin in various levels of play. Since these statements, he has not been called to do any elementary or middle school games and by the calls he made and didn't make last night, and the comments he made, he may not be allowed to officiate any high schools games in the future. Way to work yourself out of a job!:Thumbs: You go. We will be right there cheering for you whenever you hose the next school district.
bball fan Wrote:I know what you are sayin...but I am sayin that everyone on here has been to games at Magoffin Co. and no one feels your pain because every team has been shafted and/or beat up over there at least once!!

This is not grade school basketball. High School basketball is especially rough. You can not expect male teenagers to not play rough. It is always going to happen because of the want to win. If you have, or ever did play boys high school basketball you would know this. Apparently you did not.

I still dont know what your talking bout? when did i say that wolfe county was gettin shafted? I clearly stated they were physical play from both sides. I Didnt say magoffin was gettin the good side of the deal, nor did i say wolfe county was. I said WOLFE COUNTY PLAYERS were being ruid.
Good game Wolfe.