Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 71 Bell County 52
Final from Log Mountain. Bell County's first loss of the season.
HC is a very good program.
don’t get it twisted brad is a pretender not a contender
Harlan County's size and seniority were big difference in this game. Bell will be fine over the long haul with this group, but Harlan having multiple senior starters and Bell having none showed in this one.
(01-10-2024, 10:36 AM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Harlan County's size and seniority were big difference in this game. Bell will be fine over the long haul with this group, but Harlan having multiple senior starters and Bell having none showed in this one.

Bell County has some very, very nice young players. Not surprised by the margin in this one, because as you'd said, Harlan County has some talent and experience of their own. Bell County likely has better days ahead though.

Still think that it's Harlan County and everyone else in the 13th right now. Only saw clips of some of their games outside of the King of the Bluegrass (from this season), but it isn't easy to go into Louisville and beat Male or to beat DeSales on a neutral court.

I don't see anyone else in the 13th beating Chicago De La Salle either (and you could give the 13th home court and let De La Salle's JV or any of their alums who were active professional athletes within the past five years mop-up duty in the second half).
Corbin with the big comeback in the second half and nearly clipping Harlan County was impressive but Harlan County remains the overwhelming favorite at the Arena in a couple of months. Could a healthy Corbin or South team win the region? Yeah, possible, but not likely. Those Black Bears are the only 13th region team with a chance to make a deep run in Rupp, imo.
Bell is young and they have a great future. But they aren’t region contenders.
This was the first district game for a lot of the bell players, and it showed. Missed free throws, wide open layups and jumpers, etc. When 2 dudes that shoot over 35 % from three with high volume go 0-8, it’s nerves. Harlan county will sweep the region regardless but Bell is right in the running with the next few spots.
Bell is loaded with talent and loaded with heart! They are, and have always been, an explosive tournament team.

I am rooting of Harlan County and I believe they will win, but I've watched too many ballgames over the years to ever count Bell County out before the game is played.

HC is due for a great season, and deserve to go to the state BUT I never count my chickens before they hatch!!!
Some revisionist history going on here, and I can't help myself.
Bell lost in the first round of the district six of the last seven years.
I know they are still very young, but four guys on Bell's team are returning starters, so they have played quite a few district games.
They are having a great season though and have probably already exceeded expectations as one of the 8 teams in the 2A state tournament,
don’t get it twisted brad is a pretender not a contender
What makes you say that?
(01-10-2024, 07:54 PM)manchesterenterprise Wrote: don’t get it twisted brad is a pretender not a contender

Bitter much?
(01-10-2024, 05:58 PM)HCS Wrote: Some revisionist history going on here, and I can't help myself.
Bell lost in the first round of the district six of the last seven years.
I know they are still very young, but four guys on Bell's team are returning starters, so they have played quite a few district games.
They are having a great season though and have probably already exceeded expectations as one of the 8 teams in the 2A state tournament,
You still have 2 freshmen’s that start, one who wasn’t on the roster last year, and off the bench is a freshman and a 7th grader. Only Two players can drive. One of the sophomores broke his leg last year. Any team that has no seniors and one junior with all that would be predicted to be bottom tier in the region, not right up there in the conversation with the big guys which is a testament to what they do have. Definitely not the team that bell has been in those last 7 years cause sizemore was there for only a few and his first 2 ish years and most of last year were complete rebuilding. But the way i look at it is this bunch is 25-3 in their last 28 games going back to last year when they got about 15 games under their belts. The only losses in that spell are @ corbin, Harlan in the district without a starter, and now Harlan County. 

Harlan county is still so fun to watch and I’m on the black bear train every game this season expect for 3 or maybe 4.
Bell was seventh in the region in the preseason, so it's not a massive shock. They were competitive last year with a very young team, other than Woolum.
I know Sizemore hadn't been there that long. Just showing they hadn't had that much success of late before he took them to the district title two years ago.
Harlan won the region in 93 with no seniors and one junior. That team had four who were eventually all-staters though. It doesn't happen often, I agree
I don't know if I'd put Bell in a different league than everyone but HC and South though, at least not yet. The Harlan game Tuesday could be interesting.
HC is the real deal.