Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Station 73 Frederick Douglass 60
Final from Douglass.
I will be interested in seeing the box score on this one. Watched Bryan Station for a bit and maybe they were having an off night when I saw them, but this margin is slightly surprising if everyone was available.

Don't think the Defenders are terrible by any means, just didn't see them being able to speed up Douglass and didn't know how they would play otherwise. Will hazard a guess that they shot well, Douglass shot poorly, or both.
Watched most of this one. Station looked better than when I'd first seen them; I liked their big kid and one of the guards. They still have a lot of empty or negative offensive possessions for a team who rebounds at their rate. Need to play at a pace that ensures they have plenty of trips, otherwise I can't see them surviving a tournament game with lots of high leverage possessions.

Douglass did not show a lot of the characteristics that made them special last season. I stopped counting at the third time in one quarter where they tried to attack pressure with a lob that ended in a turnover or some type of chaos. Did not shoot the ball well overall. They did have a run where Boone and Chenault were able to get some dunks, but Station hit an even bigger run shortly after.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • 16BBall Fan