Poll: Who you got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt
100.00%
Wolfe
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt vs Wolfe 01-08-24 All A
Wolves host the bobcats at Rose gymnasium tonight which is arguably the toughest place to play. The bobcats routed the Wolves by 2 on December 19th despite a 14% 3pt shooting night while the wolves shot 46% from the field and a hair under 35% from 3. What will we see tonight? I think total domination of every aspect of the game is the only thing that can win Wolfe this game. I think inside presence from Gross and Terry (assuming he plays) will be the key for the cats. I’ll take breathitt 74-Wolfe 61
Bobcats by 9
(01-08-2024, 07:30 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Bobcats by 9
Looks like me and you both cut the Bobcats short parkway. At least you picked the right team this time, lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Badger's post:
  • Mountainparkway
I’m coming around to these cats. Honeycut is doing a fine job. I’m impressed with sperry, terry and Bellamy the most this far.
Wolfe is the most unorganized and out of control high school basketball team that i’ve seen in a many of year.

(01-09-2024, 03:50 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: Wolfe is the most unorganized and out of control high school basketball team that i’ve seen in a many of year.
Why would any high school coach allow players to play so out of control and take so many bad shots for?
(01-09-2024, 03:50 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: Wolfe is the most unorganized and out of control high school basketball team that i’ve seen in a many of year.

Why would any high school coach allow players to play so out of control and take so many bad shots for?
They’re a young team. Thats what young teams do. If you remember 2020-21 season the bobcats were the same way and we said the same things about them. Just how it goes
(01-09-2024, 07:12 PM)Badger Wrote:

They’re a young team. Thats what young teams do. If you remember 2020-21 season the bobcats were the same way and we said the same things about them. Just how it goes
I’m not sure what happened with the big center from Wolfe, but that was a pretty significant loss for them. Without him their biggest player is only 6’3” or something like that. If I’m not mistaken that same kid quit last year too? That’s a waste of an athletic frame.
(01-09-2024, 08:17 PM)14th Official Wrote:

I’m not sure what happened with the big center from Wolfe, but that was a pretty significant loss for them. Without him their biggest player is only 6’3” or something like that. If I’m not mistaken that same kid quit last year too? That’s a waste of an athletic frame.
We can say that they are young and they are but at the end of the day the coach has to teach them better if you ever want to build a solid program.
(01-09-2024, 09:50 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 08:17 PM)14th Official Wrote:

We can say that they are young and they are but at the end of the day the coach has to teach them better if you ever want to build a solid program.
You’re right, and a lot of that comes from experience and getting a taste of winning and understanding how to win. Those boys don’t know yet. If that group stays together they’ll be a top 3-4 team in 2-3 years.
For a stretch not too long ago Wolfe had a team consisting of 3 future college players and they played the same reckless ball this team does. That team should have won the region 2 years in a row.
(01-10-2024, 12:09 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: For a stretch not too long ago Wolfe had a team consisting of 3 future college players and they played the same reckless ball this team does. That team should have won the region 2 years in a row.
I totally agree Wolfeman. I know this team is young but no matter the talent and experience if the coach don’t install structure and guidance and patience then the program will always just be a reckless out of control team that will never win on a consistent level. Will they win some big games absolutely but will NEVER win the big one.
(01-10-2024, 12:09 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: For a stretch not too long ago Wolfe had a team consisting of 3 future college players and they played the same reckless ball this team does. That team should have won the region 2 years in a row.
That was a great team. Lost in OT to Hazard in the finals. Had everyone coming back the next year and everything fell apart.