Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 79 Perry County Central 64
Final from Perry County Central.
Breathitt is the team to beat. They will walk out of this region. Perry Central and Hazard programs are falling apart.
Good win on the road for the bobcats they played good
Not excuses just thoughts from an outsider.

1. Perry played 3 games in 4 days one of which being the future 14th champion Hazard bulldogs, Breathitt had a 6 day layoff.

2. Breathitt now has 2 wins over teams that are .500, and none over .500. Is perry good, yes, but they are 8-8.

3. Perry can’t guard, Watching clips and peaking on a stream here and there, looks like breathitt could drive anytime they wanted too. That’s been a thing all year for perry. Breathitt won’t get that easy lane drives against hazard.

Hazard and Breathitt are 15 pts ahead of every team in the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Cactus Jack
A bit of a tangent, but Larry Vaught's tweet about Haddix earlier today was funny. He played a big role on one of the best Breathitt County teams I can remember. Thought that group was going to win the 14th going away that season. Sorry if that brings up bad memories for any Bobcat fans, but thought it might be appreciated in this thread and give some fans a nice chuckle.
(01-06-2024, 12:55 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Not excuses just thoughts from an outsider.

1. Perry played 3 games in 4 days one of which being the future 14th champion Hazard bulldogs, Breathitt had a 6 day layoff.

2. Breathitt now has 2 wins over teams that are .500, and none over .500. Is perry good, yes, but they are 8-8.

3. Perry can’t guard, Watching clips and peaking on a stream here and there, looks like breathitt could drive anytime they wanted too. That’s been a thing all year for perry. Breathitt won’t get that easy lane drives against hazard.

I think these are poor excuses. We are talking about 15-19 year olds they should be able to play games every night. The high school game is only 32 mins long. I think if a team sits for 6 days without a game would hurt them more than playing 3 nights in a row. Just my opinion. Perry looked like Swiss cheese. They better hit the fundamentals and play some defense if they want a shot at the regions. Def breathitt and hazards to lose at this point. Looking forward to the All A
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • Wolfeman
Breathitt and hazard atop the region and it isn’t close. You will see them in the finals or semi finals this year unless knott kicks it in gear.

I don’t understand why Shannon wants to press all game. They can’t score it at a high enough clip and don’t have any outstanding athletes for that matter. Would make more sense for him to slow the game down to me. Is Hoskins on the hot seat? Diablo? Duke?
(01-06-2024, 01:50 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 12:55 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Not excuses just thoughts from an outsider.

I think these are poor excuses. We are talking about 15-19 year olds they should be able to play games every night. The high school game is only 32 mins long. I think if a team sits for 6 days without a game would hurt them more than playing 3 nights in a row. Just my opinion. Perry looked like Swiss cheese. They better hit the fundamentals and play some defense if they want a shot at the regions. Def breathitt and hazards to lose at this point. Looking forward to the All A

I don't know that it's so much that your kids can't physically handle it, but moreso that you have to prepare them for and guide them against three separate opponents. That can be a tough thing, especially when you have whatever else is going on externally to deal with as well.
(01-06-2024, 02:25 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

I don't know that it's so much that your kids can't physically handle it, but moreso that you have to prepare them for and guide them against three separate opponents. That can be a tough thing, especially when you have whatever else is going on externally to deal with as well.
Playing a long stretch of games can be tough. I feel like the 21-22 bobcats were super wore out going into region with 4 straight in Florida on Christmas and 4 straight in All A state plus battles vs wolfe so Perry could be wore down. Or maybe they’re just down this year in general, who knows.
Where was Rydge Beverly at tonight?

I doubt Hoskins is on a hot seat. He’s in the regional finals every year.
(01-06-2024, 03:13 AM)Diablo Wrote: Where was Rydge Beverly at tonight?

I doubt Hoskins is on a hot seat. He’s in the regional finals every year.

The only person on the hot seat should be whoever allowed that painted monstrosity of a home court.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cactus Jack's post:
  • BlackAndYellow, Diablo
(01-06-2024, 02:29 AM)Badger Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 02:25 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

Playing a long stretch of games can be tough. I feel like the 21-22 bobcats were super wore out going into region with 4 straight in Florida on Christmas and 4 straight in All A state plus battles vs wolfe so Perry could be wore down. Or maybe they’re just down this year in general, who knows.
Did Beverly leave the team? Internal issues are going on at Hazard as well.
Bobcats and Sperry are in Cruise control ?
Breathitt played really well and Perry looks like a B Team!
(01-06-2024, 12:22 AM)Hazard417 Wrote: Breathitt is the team to beat. They will walk out of this region. Perry Central and Hazard programs are falling apart.
I agree best players and coach!!!
Breathitt and Hazard are way above anyone on the 14th.

Who is the better coached team and who can maintain egos, that’s who wins it
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Badger
Breathitt and Hazard appear to be on top right now.

It comes down to who can scout, prepare, and put together two weeks of basketball in the end.

I was just trying to throw out into the wind that maybe breathitt isn’t world beaters just yet. Perry is not a grade A basketball team. They cannot guard at all, they don’t have a beast inside that can block shots or outrebound. Not a good recipe for success. Add that on top of playing hazard, which takes a lot of the effort and energy in practice leading up to it, then another game between them and breathitt. I know from experience that when you play the top 2 teams in the region pretty much back to back, it can be hard to prepare for the second game especially if the momentum is gone from the first. 

My opinion on this game is breathitt didn’t win by enough to prove to me they are better than hazard. The supporting cast will have to be able to be real contributors to beat hazard, cause i doubt sperry will cross half court not in a trap or double team.
Everyone gets real heated about who’s the best but the reality is that no team in the 14th is getting past the first round of state. Partly due to how the 14th is offiated that other officials in other regions simply don’t allow, and skill level. I hope a team does, I just hope winning only regions stops being the end all be all.
(01-06-2024, 03:29 PM)CriticalThinker Wrote: Everyone gets real heated about who’s the best but the reality is that no team in the 14th is getting past the first round of state. Partly due to how the 14th is offiated that other officials in other regions simply don’t allow, and skill level. I hope a team does, I just hope winning only regions stops being the end all be all.
I believe this is also luck of the draw my friend. If the 14th draws the 6th or 7th or 10th or 11th no they may not be able to beat the best out of one of those regions but say one year they draw the 15th or 16th or 12th then they may have a chance. Seems 14th gets a shaft on the draw most years.
That is true too. I just meant the way the offiating is in the 14th really hurts our kids when they get there. Not used to how other regions call games.
(01-06-2024, 03:29 PM)CriticalThinker Wrote: Everyone gets real heated about who’s the best but the reality is that no team in the 14th is getting past the first round of state. Partly due to how the 14th is offiated that other officials in other regions simply don’t allow, and skill level. I hope a team does, I just hope winning only regions stops being the end all be all.
What’s this got to do with Breathitt/Perry game? The ultimate goal is to win the 14th region and play at Rupp.
CT is a very bitter person. Probably never played organized school sport Night Train. Winning the region is a big accomplishment and you can’t go by what’s happened in the past. The 14th liable to make some noise this year. Hope they do.
Winning the region tournament is a great accomplishment for any kid or coach, but if anyone wants to throw some money down right now on how far the 14th goes this year send me a DM. I’ve got a Benjamin Franklin for anyone who wants to say they win a game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Diablo
I’m not going to make excuses for Perry. You can say they had a bad night against Hazard, but two back-to-back performances against good teams in the region tells me they need to get back to the drawing board.

I don’t think Breathitt is walking out of anywhere. Hazard will give everyone around here a hard time.

It’s January. I think Perry will be fine by tourney time.
Not bitter at all. Pretty sure you’ve missed my point. I hope the 14th wins it all. But because it is reffed different here, we are sending out kids to rupp with a disadvantage. It sure as hell doesn’t help. And I mention it in this thread because I always see these petty arguments of whose the best is and whose the region front runner. You must be real sensitive cuz I didn’t even say anything mean lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes CriticalThinker's post:
  • Mountainparkway
When you say ref different, do you mean they call it tighter in the 14th or do they let them play in the 14th. Agree tho you can’t express what you think there is a few on here that is very sensitive

Agree you can’t say one player needs to do this or one player is better during this era etc; I’m not a sheep I can have an opinion.
14th region has the worst referees in the state. They call every nickel and dime foul they see. Can’t play physical in the 14th for the guys in pinstripes.
(01-07-2024, 07:57 PM)Blue Lips Wrote: 14th region has the  worst referees in the state. They call every nickel and dime foul they see. Can’t play physical in the 14th for the guys in pinstripes.
Might agree if not for watching the regional tournament and the 13th region zebras last season.
14th region officials are so very inconsistent from game to game, school to school, sometimes quarter to quarter. Has to be tough on players.