Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Sectional 8 at Pike Central schedule
On Tuesday Lawrence County vs. Magoffin County with the winner playing Boyd County on Thursday. Pike Central vs. Floyd Central on Thursday in lower bracket. Was the Wolfe County win over Magoffin County played in Irvine a upset? Then next night they had a road win at Estill County. Lawrence County with games in South Carolina hopefully they are home resting. At the ALL A Classic schedule the Regional pairings are not on the page. History shows i set on the visitor's bench for Louisa at a Community Center gym in Salyersville in 1975 and scoring has Minix11, Love 11, Hoskins 12 and Harvey 12 points for the home team. We also play Salyersville at the Oil Springs gym.
(12-31-2023, 01:36 AM)wheeler Wrote: On Tuesday Lawrence County vs. Magoffin County with the winner playing Boyd County on Thursday. Pike Central vs. Floyd Central on Thursday in lower bracket. Was the Wolfe County win over Magoffin County played in Irvine an upset? Then next night they had a road win at Estill County. Lawrence County with games in South Carolina hopefully they are home resting. At the ALL A Classic schedule the Regional pairings are not on the page. History shows i set on the visitor's bench for Louisa at a Community Center gym in Salyersville in 1975 and scoring has Minix11, Love 11, Hoskins 12 and Harvey 12 points for the home team. We also play Salyersville at the Oil Springs gym.
Honest question…. How are these larger schools eligible to play in the 2A.  Example:  They have 4A numbers for football but play down in a 2A tournament in basketball.  I thought this was for smaller schools. (The 1A and 2A).  Is it based off of attendance at the school?
(01-04-2024, 06:14 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 01:36 AM)wheeler Wrote: On Tuesday Lawrence County vs. Magoffin County with the winner playing Boyd County on Thursday. Pike Central vs. Floyd Central on Thursday in lower bracket. Was the Wolfe County win over Magoffin County played in Irvine an upset? Then next night they had a road win at Estill County. Lawrence County with games in South Carolina hopefully they are home resting. At the ALL A Classic schedule the Regional pairings are not on the page. History shows i set on the visitor's bench for Louisa at a Community Center gym in Salyersville in 1975 and scoring has Minix11, Love 11, Hoskins 12 and Harvey 12 points for the home team. We also play Salyersville at the Oil Springs gym.
Honest question…. How are these larger schools eligible to play in the 2A.  Example:  They have 4A numbers for football but play down in a 2A tournament in basketball.  I thought this was for smaller schools. (The 1A and 2A).  Is it based off of attendance at the school?

I think its just something someone came up with, b/c the "All A" got so much attention, so they decided to do something for the slightly larger schools. Once they got into it, they probably realized not all the schools wanted to participate, so they had to get whoever. Its dumb IMO.
(01-04-2024, 09:37 PM)Fanman Wrote:

I think its just something someone came up with, b/c the "All A" got so much attention, so they decided to do something for the slightly larger schools. Once they got into it, they probably realized not all the schools wanted to participate, so they had to get whoever. Its dumb IMO.
Ok. I tried to search the guidelines for being eligible to play in the 2A but couldn’t find anything.  I thought you had to be 1A to play 1A and same for 2A.  Sort of defeats the purpose of calling it the 2A if 4A can play.  I agree.  Seems silly.  Thanks
(01-04-2024, 10:35 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

Ok. I tried to search the guidelines for being eligible to play in the 2A but couldn’t find anything.  I thought you had to be 1A to play 1A and same for 2A.  Sort of defeats the purpose of calling it the 2A if 4A can play.  I agree.  Seems silly.  Thanks
It goes off of a different classing system for enrollment, 2A football teams play in the all a

(01-04-2024, 10:35 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

It goes off of a different classing system for enrollment, 2A football teams play in the all a