Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel Falls to Larue County
2-8 record….
(12-28-2023, 03:22 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: 2-8 record….

Won't pretend to know what Baylor (Tennessee) has, but which of their losses come to someone that anyone else in the 13th just shows up and beats however they want?

They're young and coming off of two to three very "up" years and probably have a schedule that's stacked with return games.

2-8 isn't ideal, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they roll any other two win team. Lexington Catholic, CAL, Woodford County, South Laurel, Henry Clay, Lexington Christian, and LaRue County aren't exactly pushovers.

The LCA team that beat them by 14 at home just lost to Lloyd and DeSales by five points each, all within the last 10 calendar days.
(12-28-2023, 07:26 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 03:22 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: 2-8 record….

Won't pretend to know what Baylor (Tennessee) has, but which of their losses come to someone that anyone else in the 13th just shows up and beats however they want?

They're young and coming off of two to three very "up" years and probably have a schedule that's stacked with return games.

2-8 isn't ideal, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they roll any other two win team. Lexington Catholic, CAL, Woodford County, South Laurel, Henry Clay, Lexington Christian, and LaRue County aren't exactly pushovers.

The LCA team that beat them by 14 at home just lost to Lloyd and DeSales by five points each, all within the last 10 calendar days.
We’ll put Coach.. but I’m guessing 2-8 isn’t idea because it doesn’t get much easier from here. I predicted North being a #5 or #6 team in the 13th Region very early on and got laughed at..
North appears to be turning the Corner as a Football School as 2nd year Coach Makes it to the Region Championship Game and now it appears the basketball Team won’t make it out of district. This is not player issues this is Coaching issues because had the Rawlings and Chadwell kids stayed at North they would be 10-0 undefeated right now. Let that sink in Coach..
(12-28-2023, 02:46 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: We’ll put Coach.. but I’m guessing 2-8 isn’t idea because it doesn’t get much easier from here. I predicted North being a #5 or #6 team in the 13th Region very early on and got laughed at..
North appears to be turning the Corner as a Football School as 2nd year Coach Makes it to the Region Championship Game and now it appears the basketball Team won’t make it out of district. This is not player issues this is Coaching issues because had the Rawlings and Chadwell kids stayed at North they would be 10-0 undefeated right now. Let that sink in Coach..

I don't know that anyone should have been laughing at putting North in the top five or six teams at a given time. I certainly wasn't disputing that. I don't think anyone is saying that having a competitive team in other sports is a bad thing either. I think it is fair to say that anyone who reads these types of posts knows of the opinions about their coaching that have been expressed. I don't know that there were many teams who'd have beaten defending champion GRC in the opening round last year either though.

It probably wouldn't come off as an attempt to bash if you'd include the score in the title or add some more details. They're playing a lot of young kids against a schedule filled with return games. Most coaches in this situation would have probably preferred an easier schedule than what they have, but wouldn't have done so at the expense of games they really felt they needed the past two years.

I don't care if they had both Rawlings and Chadwell, I still don't think they'd have gone into Bueter and downed Lex Cath to start the season. Let's see how they do against Clay County and Jackson County before anointing them as a lost cause who doesn't have a chance to make it out of district though.
(12-28-2023, 10:26 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 02:46 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: We’ll put Coach.. but I’m guessing 2-8 isn’t idea because it doesn’t get much easier from here. I predicted North being a #5 or #6 team in the 13th Region very early on and got laughed at..

I don't know that anyone should have been laughing at putting North in the top five or six teams at a given time. I certainly wasn't disputing that. I don't think anyone is saying that having a competitive team in other sports is a bad thing either. I think it is fair to say that anyone who reads these types of posts knows of the opinions about their coaching that have been expressed. I don't know that there were many teams who'd have beaten defending champion GRC in the opening round last year either though.

It probably wouldn't come off as an attempt to bash if you'd include the score in the title or add some more details. They're playing a lot of young kids against a schedule filled with return games. Most coaches in this situation would have probably preferred an easier schedule than what they have, but wouldn't have done so at the expense of games they really felt they needed the past two years.

I don't care if they had both Rawlings and Chadwell, I still don't think they'd have gone into Bueter and downed Lex Cath to start the season. Let's see how they do against Clay County and Jackson County before anointing them as a lost cause who doesn't have a chance to make it out of district though.
After just watching South Laurel beat GRC 60-57 and being down 31-21 at Halftime says volumes to me. Rawlings is a stud and had 30 points…And Yes had Jeff Davis been coaching North last two years with Sheppard and company I don’t believe for a second North would have two first round exits from sweet sixteen…
I will go out on a limb and predict the North will win their district.  With the right draw in a game in the region.
North is young in BB and as has been pointed out they lost two players that would have
made the difference in their record right now. Their schedule was set I am sure before
the 2 kids left and was tougher than this young group left could handle right now.
North, is turning a corner and football seems to be climbing steadily to the top at their
school. I watched a lot of their games last season. I had buddies with kids playing there
and even with what they lost last season, those young players coming on will be hard to
handle in the future.
Saw North at Lexington Catholic they are not bad when you look at their schedule they have came very close to beating several top 25 teams and top 5 teams.