Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perry Central 2024
I know we lost quite a bit on both sides of the ball, but I think we have enough coming back to compete for 2nd in district again, led by Noah Kilburn, probably the best receiver in the district or at least top 3 and   If the Breathitt transfer Johnson can handle the QB spot and Hurley at running back, we have a shot!!
What’s wrong with the Maggard kid? State Runner up Middle School team and Perry talking bringing in a kid from Breathitt to play that position?
(12-21-2023, 06:13 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: What’s wrong with the Maggard kid?  State Runner up Middle School team and Perry talking bringing in a kid from Breathitt to play that position?
They brought Johnson in last year.  Hes rumored to be the starter.  But I know what you’re saying also, I’m sure they’ll be a competition in the summer.
If the kid from breathitt is the starter Perry better have a strong running game. I understand why he left tho breathitts future is with hollan at QB
(12-21-2023, 01:24 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: I know we lost quite a bit on both sides of the ball, but I think we have enough coming back to compete for 2nd in district again, led by Noah Kilburn, probably the best reciever in the district or at least top 3 and   If the Breathitt transfer Johnson can handle the QB spot and Hurley at running back, we have a shot!!
How about the combs kid that got some time at running back last year? Perry just gonna overlook him and move on to someone else?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceMountain19's post:
  • beercanchicken
In my opinion, Johnson will be the QB. Combs, Hurley, and Robinson will switch around at RB, but I am about sure combs will start biased off of last year, and none of the receivers graduated. Maggard will be good in the future but for right now in my opinion he is too slow, doesn't have enough accuracy with his throws especially with the new sized ball he will be throwing, and mainly he is inexperienced. It's a whole different ball game in high school not to knock the kid down but he will get better as the time goes on.
Gibson kid probably be getting some carries Id imagine. Kid has speed to burn.
The Dores will have weapons at WR one of their biggest ??? is QB and the running game. Kilburn and Fields returns at WR, and Deaton and Haddix at DB on the other side. 

Kilburn should be one of the top receivers in the state next season.
Will Kilburn be staying at Perry? Heard a couple big time programs reached out and have made offers to him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Nations Elite
(12-22-2023, 03:39 AM)Nations Elite Wrote: The Dores will have weapons at WR one of their biggest ??? is QB and the running game. Kilburn and Fields returns at WR, and Deaton and Haddix at DB on the other side. 

Kilburn should be one of the top receivers in the state next season.
Noah is one of the best recievers now, I sure wish he would have played basketball, he’s a stud on the court also

(12-21-2023, 11:12 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 01:24 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: I know we lost quite a bit on both sides of the ball, but I think we have enough coming back to compete for 2nd in district again, led by Noah Kilburn, probably the best reciever in the district or at least top 3 and   If the Breathitt transfer Johnson can handle the QB spot and Hurley at running back, we have a shot!!
How about the combs kid that got some time at running back last year? Perry just gonna overlook him and move on to someone else?
Combs is a terrific runner but he’s also a very very good linebacker, if they decide to play him both sides then he’ll definetly be the go to running back, but we have to have him at linebacker without a doubt.
(12-22-2023, 10:33 AM)Diablo Wrote: Will Kilburn be staying at Perry?  Heard a couple big time programs reached out  and have made offers to him.
What programs? I haven't heard anything like that. I don't even think he has an offer. He will be one of the best WR in the state this year if perry uses him right though.
Corbin and Boyle have offered.
(12-22-2023, 08:34 PM)Diablo Wrote: Corbin and Boyle have offered.
I'm sure if they offered him a starting job he wouldn't hesitate to go.
Noah can go play about anywhere he wants to next season. Football and basketball He just won’t play basketball for some reason. Everyone had begged him
(12-22-2023, 10:33 AM)Diablo Wrote: Will Kilburn be staying at Perry?  Heard a couple big time programs reached out  and have made offers to him.
Let’s be real, no one from the 14th is getting that offer from anyone.
(12-22-2023, 11:16 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Noah can go play about anywhere he wants to next season.  Football and basketball    He just won’t play basketball for some reason. Everyone had begged him
I heard Coach Hoskins didn't even attempt to even talk about playing basketball to Kilburn.

(12-22-2023, 11:40 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
Well, when a kid is 6'3 190 and runs a 4.5 or 4.6 in the 14th and has stats to back it up its almost unheard of.
(12-22-2023, 11:50 PM)EastKentuckyHeisman Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 11:16 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Noah can go play about anywhere he wants to next season.  Football and basketball    He just won’t play basketball for some reason. Everyone had begged him
I heard Coach Hoskins didn't even attempt to even talk about playing basketball to Kilburn.

(12-22-2023, 11:40 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
Well, when a kid is 6'3 190 and runs a 4.5 or 4.6 in the 14th and has stats to back it up its almost unheard of.
That’s why he’s a good 14th region talent. Once you’re gone from this area things change for whatever reasons. It’s like we’re light years behind a lot of these other regions in a lot of sports, but I hope he does get that big opportunity. Good to see kids from the mountains do something for themselves.
i think its gonna be a rebuild year for perry, we had some big losses, Jackso at RB, Slone QB, griffie, eddington, woolum linebackers, just to name a few. Thats a lot to replace, and as far as Kilburn goes, he is a good reciever but his numbers will drop this coming year with a inexperienced QB throwing him the ball i still think we can win 2-3 games but that will be about it either way good luck dores,,
Will look for some info on Noah Kilburn? I have yet to hear anything on him looking elsewhere.
(12-23-2023, 08:17 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Will look for some info on Noah Kilburn? I have yet to hear anything on him looking elsewhere.
He’s not. I’m sure that’s his dad on here trying to run the hype train up a bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceMountain19's post:
  • P. Fanning

This total BS. Don't know about Corbin, but I can guarantee you Boyle didn't offer the kid anything. How do you make up stuff like this?
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-24-2023, 08:49 AM)back country Wrote:

This total BS. Don't know about Corbin, but I can guarantee you Boyle didn't offer the kid anything. How do you make up stuff like this?

I'm with you back country, total BS/trolling. Corbin and Boyle don’t have to offer anything. If a kid is looking to relocate, is good enough to play and the program has a need at a position that fits, then kids transfer on their own accord to schools like Corbin & Boyle. They do it for the coaching, the exposure and to be a part of a top tier program.
[-] The following 2 users Like fansville's post:
  • back country, BEChargers
Ok. Total BS. Didn’t he transfer to Hazard once already? The kid is a special player and could play for either team.
(12-24-2023, 09:04 PM)Diablo Wrote: Ok.  Total BS.  Didn’t he transfer to Hazard once already?  The kid is a special player and  could play for either team.
Pretty sure he had to go back to Perry because he never hardly showed up for class.

Playing for Perry and hazard is completely on a different level than playing for Boyle/corbin and not in a good kind of way either.
Idc what he does. Good luck to the kid wherever he ends up. He is a heck of a player.
(12-24-2023, 12:25 PM)fansville Wrote:
(12-24-2023, 08:49 AM)back country Wrote:

I'm with you back country, total BS/trolling. Corbin and Boyle don’t have to offer anything. If a kid is looking to relocate, is good enough to play and the program has a need at a position that fits, then kids transfer on their own accord to schools like Corbin & Boyle. They do it for the coaching, the exposure and to be a part of a top tier program.

Malarkey Smile

A shot at getting your hind end smoked Smile
Kilburn is one of the best recievers to come through Perry central, if he’s in the right spot next year he can make some noise. And hopefully the coaches ask him to play basketball because he can be big time on the hardwood also. Everyone have a blessed night.
Kilburns future is playing football. Wouldn’t waste my time playing basketball. Kid is a stud.
(01-02-2024, 03:46 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Kilburns future is playing football.  Wouldn’t waste my time playing basketball.  Kid is a stud.
He is definitely a stud on the field, but he could be one of the best players in region on the  also.  If the coaches would ask only I know he would play and help the team a ton. Yall stay blessed