Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 98 Prestonsburg 78
Wow. The Young Golden Eagles really grew up tonight. I think Coach McKenzie found the identity of his team which is running and gunning with a constant full court press. Austin Slone is a special, special freshmen for JC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. D's post:
  • ekywildcat
(12-11-2023, 11:21 PM)Mr. D Wrote: Wow. The Young Golden Eagles really grew up tonight. I think Coach McKenzie found the identity of his team which is running and gunning with a constant full court press. Austin Slone is a special, special freshmen for JC.

Agree on Slone.

The Riherds Scoreboard has the score the other way round. Did JC pick up their first win of the season, or has P'burg now won four straight?
Jc won, 98-78. Slone had 33, I believe.
(12-12-2023, 12:35 AM)Diogenes Wrote: Jc won, 98-78. Slone had 33, I believe.

Thank you. I'll "look no further for an honest man."
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Diogenes
Yes, the score on the scoreboard is incorrect. JC won. Slone had a huge game but several other young players really played at a high level.

Officiating was poor both directions.
Guys Pburg isn't very good, They play a bunch of no ones so lets not get exited for a JC blow out win.
JC is very young. No doubt they will have it all ironed out when it means something. Slone is an elite talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ice61706's post:
  • ekywildcat
Surprising hype coming from a 1-2 team with the only win coming against prestonsburg. West jessamine has lost every game other than JC by 20, but beat Jc by ten. Slow the horses people.
JC is building around those freshman. They will have ups and downs all season relying on so much youth, but they should look at this game and see what potential the future holds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pikecoballer's post:
  • ekywildcat
(12-12-2023, 05:00 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote: JC is building around those freshman.  They will have ups and downs all season relying on so much youth, but they should look at this game and see what potential the future holds.
That’s a smart move. Some times you have to look at your next chance to win and start there.
(12-12-2023, 04:48 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Surprising hype coming from a 1-2 team with the only win coming against prestonsburg. West jessamine has lost every game other than JC by 20, but beat Jc by ten. Slow the horses people.

I don’t think there’s been a lot of hype. Just people surprised about a 20 point win for a team with 5 of the 7 players being freshmen. Any win with a team that young is impressive. It’s definitely going to be a rebuilding year but there is a lot of potential already showing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. D's post:
  • ekywildcat
(12-13-2023, 01:24 PM)Mr. D Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 04:48 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Surprising hype coming from a 1-2 team with the only win coming against prestonsburg. West jessamine has lost every game other than JC by 20, but beat Jc by ten. Slow the horses people.

I don’t think there’s been a lot of hype. Just people surprised about a 20 point win for a team with 5 of the 7 players being freshmen. Any win with a team that young is impressive. It’s definitely going to be a rebuilding year but there is a lot of potential already showing.
Bell county is 5-0 and doesn’t have a senior and has only one junior… so the any win is impressive cause they are young idea is what people say to make a season where 20 wins is out of the picture positive. They beat prestonsburg.