Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 56 North Laurel 40
Jeff Davis and Company defeats North Laurel 56-40 and South goes to 2-0 while Valentine loses four in a row to go 0-4 to start the season. Colton Rawlings came up big tonight with 24 points against his former team and Coach. The Chadwell kid had another big night with 26 points for Knox Central. The two best players at North Laurel leave Valentine for better coaching and are both thriving and Valentine is looking like a youth league Coach that he is. I fully expect Henry Clay to take Valentine to the woodshed. My question is why is North Laurel allowing Valentine to continue coaching? Cody Messer or Sizemore or Colton Rawlings dad would’ve been much better coach as the players could at least talk to them without being belittled or degraded. 0-4 to start and will get worse..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • shottaker23
This is the first year that Valentine is coaching a team without having a big "star" player to compensate for his lack of coaching.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • Cowboy42
(12-06-2023, 06:52 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Jeff Davis and Company defeats North Laurel 56-40 and South goes to 2-0 while Valentine loses four in a row to go 0-4 to start the season. Colton Rawlings came up big tonight with 24 points against his former team and Coach. The Chadwell kid had another big night with 26 points and 17 Rebounds for Knox Central. The two best players at North Laurel leave Valentine for better coaching and are both thriving and Valentine is looking like a youth league Coach that he is. I fully expect Henry Clay to take Valentine to the woodshed. My question is why is North Laurel allowing Valentine to continue coaching? Cody Messer or Sizemore or Colton Rawlings dad would’ve been much better coach as the players could at least talk to them without being belittled or degraded. 0-4 to start and will get worse..
In my opinion Messer will never be the Head Coach at North, they will have to political hire or somebody from the big City
[-] The following 1 user Likes insideinfo's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior
10 points in the first half. That’s the main concern. No matter how much rebuilding is needed, a North Laurel team putting up 10 first half points, and 3 second quarter points, is crazy.
(12-06-2023, 12:49 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: 10 points in the first half. That’s the main concern. No matter how much rebuilding is needed, a North Laurel team putting up 10 first half points, and 3 second quarter points, is crazy.
Definitely showing just how good Reed Sheppard and Ryan Davidson was in their tenure at North..
If North changes coaches they need to go outside to bring someone in, no one on that staff I would give the job too right now if I want to see real program improvement.
[-] The following 2 users Like fridaynightfights's post:
  • bballfan14, Hi Risk Warrior
That North Laurel Freshman Coach Jarvis, is probably the best kid coach available out there right now. They need to go out from what is there now for a head coach.