Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 70 Boyd Co. 64 Final
Hard fought game! Ryan Bonner, Danny Coleman, and Matt Thomas all played well tonight for the Cats. There were a LOT of fouls called and Ashland had 2 players foul out. In my opinion the officiating was horrible. Boyd ended up shooting 35 free throws, but in the end it didnt matter. Ashland forced 18 turnovers that led to 25 points, BC forced just 8 Ashland turnovers which led to only 4 points. BC could not handle Ashland's full court press. It was nice to see a full house and a great atmosphere. Ironton comes to town tomorrow night!
Figured this would be a close won. Good win for Ashland.

How did the Selby/Bonnor battle go. Thats two big strong kids.
FBALL Wrote:Figured this would be a close won. Good win for Ashland.

How did the Selby/Bonnor battle go. Thats two big strong kids.

Bonner had 19 points, Im not sure how many boards. Selby had 18 and 18, probably 10 of his points came from the foul line. BC killed Ashland on the boards 42-24, but they just cannot handle the ball. Their guard play is very shaky. Im not sure what his name is, but #4 made a lot of turnovers for BC.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Bonner had 19 points, Im not sure how many boards. Selby had 18 and 18, probably 10 of his points came from the foul line. BC killed Ashland on the boards 42-24, but they just cannot handle the ball. Their guard play is very shaky. Im not sure what his name is, but #4 made a lot of turnovers for BC.
I think that is Mayhew and that is the only ballhandler they have. They do have some bruisers though.
#4 Wes Steele
FBALL Wrote:I think that is Mayhew and that is the only ballhandler they have. They do have some bruisers though.

Yeah Mayhew is decent, but the others just dont offer a whole lot. They are small and not particularly quick. They had on kid who hit some 3's, cant remember his name.....
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:#4 Wes Steele

Pretty ironic that his last name is Steele Smile
FBALL Wrote:I think that is Mayhew and that is the only ballhandler they have. They do have some bruisers though.

C.D. Mayhew is #23