Covington Catholic 31 Johnson Central 0
Regional Championship final.

Congratulations Blue Colonels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Bull got out!
Northern Kentucky making a statement
Congratulations Cov Cath
Congratulations Covington Catholic!!
I thought this one would be much closer. JC has struggled offensively against quality opponents this year. In their four losses (Pikeville, Corbin, Belfry, and Cov Cath) they are averaging just 10 points per game.
Corbin is one dimensional. That’s never good in football. Those kids played hard and never quit. They are a very physical football team. They are very tough. They are also a class act. They played the game with emotion, as it should be played, but they were also noticeably congratulatory when they came up short. I commend them on their successful season. Good hard nosed team. Cov cath is very good. They are coached by experts and they have many weapons. The next two weeks could be very interesting.
Johnson Central will more than likely NEVER have another Coach Matney.  They have certainly regressed after the tragedy.
Been a MASH unit from week one. To do what these boys did with all these injuries? I'm proud of them. Not sure there's another team in the state this year so hit by the injury bug that still persevered and managed to win another district title and make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.
(11-18-2023, 03:11 AM)Diogenes Wrote: Been a MASH unit from week one. To do what these boys did with all these injuries? I'm proud of them. Not sure there's another team in the state this year so hit by the injury bug that still persevered and managed to win another district title and make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Next year with a healthy team they will continue to get their hind ends smoked. Their run is over. Stick a fork in em.
(11-18-2023, 03:20 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 03:11 AM)Diogenes Wrote: Been a MASH unit from week one. To do what these boys did with all these injuries? I'm proud of them. Not sure there's another team in the state this year so hit by the injury bug that still persevered and managed to win another district title and make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Next year with a healthy team they will continue to get their hind ends smoked. Their run is over. Stick a fork in em.

Your incessant trolling for reactions may amuse the mods of this site, but it's an act that has far outlived any usefulness to the rest of us. Whitley County's run never started, my Corbin bandwagon jumping friend. Central returns an entire stacked backfield, most of a productive OL, and most of a defense next year. Looking forward to once again proving you and the other haters wrong. Get some new material, Colonel.

Your incessant trolling for reactions may amuse the mods of this site, but it's an act that has far outlived any usefulness to the rest of us. Whitley County's run never started, my Corbin bandwagon jumping friend. Central returns an entire stacked backfield, most of a productive OL, and most of a defense next year. Looking forward to once again proving you and the other haters wrong. Get some new material, Colonel.
[-] The following 4 users Like Diogenes's post:
  • ekywildcat, Hoss Cat, SlantZ, UKisN1
Lol, I couldn't have said it any better myself there Diogenes !!

Congratulations to my JC Eagles on another very good season, dang proud of you boys and looking forward to next year !!
Is Covington Catholic now the favorite to win the 4A title? I think they might be.
IMO, if they beat Paducah next week then they would be the favorite.
Game was 8-0 at the half with JC getting the ball. Just couldn’t deliver the play to punch it in the end zone. JC pass defense couldn’t hold up especially against crossing routes and the back out of the backfield.
Cov Cath and Boyle have been the best two teams in 4a all year. Going to be a barn burner when they meet.
(11-18-2023, 03:38 AM)Diogenes Wrote:

Whitley County's run won't start until they start recruiting like your team has for years. I'm not a Corbin fan, dum dum. I've said so  on here too many times to count. I'm a Colonel until the end. win or lose. I don't need new material. Johnson Central's run is  over. They're done Smile
(11-18-2023, 05:57 AM)Hoss Cat Wrote: Lol, I couldn't have said it any better myself there Diogenes !!

Congratulations to my JC Eagles on another very good season, dang proud of you boys and looking forward to next year !!

I said  it much  better Big Grin
Way to go Colonels.
(11-18-2023, 02:29 AM)Woodsman Wrote: Corbin is one dimensional. That’s never good in football. Those kids played hard and never quit. They are a very physical football team. They are very tough. They are also a class act. They played the game with emotion, as it should be played, but they were also noticeably congratulatory when they came up short. I commend them on their successful season. Good hard nosed team. Cov cath is very good. They are coached by experts and they have many weapons. The next two weeks could be very interesting.
Don’t know why I typed “Corbin.”  I definitely meant Johnson Central. Sorry about that.

(11-18-2023, 10:06 AM)FallRock Wrote: Cov Cath and Boyle have been the best two teams in 4a all year. Going to be a barn burner when they meet.
Both teams need to earn the matchup first. Obviously.
(11-18-2023, 11:08 AM)Woodsman Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:29 AM)Woodsman Wrote: Corbin is one dimensional. That’s never good in football. Those kids played hard and never quit. They are a very physical football team. They are very tough. They are also a class act. They played the game with emotion, as it should be played, but they were also noticeably congratulatory when they came up short. I commend them on their successful season. Good hard nosed team. Cov cath is very good. They are coached by experts and they have many weapons. The next two weeks could be very interesting.
Don’t know why I typed “Corbin.”  I definitely meant Johnson Central. Sorry about that.

(11-18-2023, 10:06 AM)FallRock Wrote: Cov Cath and Boyle have been the best two teams in 4a all year. Going to be a barn burner when they meet.

I was scratching my head and thinking what? LOL. then I see this. I was fixing to debate with you lol.  Smile I have to assume that JC was still injured going into this game, because I expected a different outcome. 

AS for me: Covington Catholic is good but they aint Corbin or Boyle good. No, they are not the favorites unless you live close to the River up North...
Matney was an all time great. I don't know if they are regressing, but the fact their numbers are so low is alarming. In the championship years they had almost 70 players, Now I think the numbers are in the low 40's.
(11-18-2023, 03:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I was scratching my head and thinking what? LOL. then I see this. I was fixing to debate with you lol.  Smile I have to assume that JC was still injured going into this game, because I expected a different outcome. 

AS for me: Covington Catholic is good but they aint Corbin or Boyle good. No, they are not the favorites unless you live close to the River up North...
I mean they lost McCourt and the d lineman first of the year. They had alot of time to reconfigure the team. Seems like the d lineman that stepped in was just as good of better. On paper the kid had all the size and speed. Then lost their full back the last game. Music and Conley seemed to be banged up all season but don’t know if they had any injuries. Cov Cath was just faster and better. Tall receivers and Rodriguez was a man on the field. They had a consistent run game and kept catching the mlb blitzing. Once he started blitzing they started catching it out of the back field. No one there to cover. D backs started to come up. Then the deep ball opened up. Very well coached team and game plan.
[-] The following 3 users Like Upnorth's post:
  • Bull got out!, nemo, pjdoug

Great analysis. There is zero chance you have watched Covington Catholic play a down this year…..or football ain’t really your thing. I’m guessing both are true
(11-18-2023, 08:00 PM)Woodsman Wrote:

Great analysis. There is zero chance you have watched Covington Catholic play a down this year…..or football ain’t really your thing. I’m guessing both are true

If you are saying that to me, I have watched them in person. Only team I havn't seen is Paducah Tilghman.
People on here laugh at me a weeks ago, when I said “Cov Catholic is the best team in 4A not named Boyle Co.” I personally was never sold on Corbin cause they were to one dimension. All defense and below average offense. I would not be surprised if Cov Cath wins it all.
(11-18-2023, 08:16 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: People on here laugh at me a weeks ago, when I said “Cov Catholic is the best team in 4A not named Boyle Co.” I personally was never sold on Corbin cause they were to one dimension. All defense and below average offense. I would not be surprised if Cov Cath wins it all.

Smile I'm not sold that Covinton Catholic will make it to the title game..
(11-18-2023, 08:33 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 08:16 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: People on here laugh at me a weeks ago, when I said “Cov Catholic is the best team in 4A not named Boyle Co.” I personally was never sold on Corbin cause they were to one dimension. All defense and below average offense. I would not be surprised if Cov Cath wins it all.

Smile I'm not sold that Covinton Catholic will make it to the title game..
We will see and talk bout this next week ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • Bull got out!
After Mayfield gave LCA a right hook, then that tells me Paducah Tilghman might take out Covington Catholic.  Smile
(11-18-2023, 08:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

If you are saying that to me, I have watched them in person. Only team I havn't seen is Paducah Tilghman.
Im very curious as to which cov cath game you watched?
(11-19-2023, 01:26 AM)Woodsman Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 08:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:08 AM)Woodsman Wrote: Don’t know why I typed “Corbin.”  I definitely meant Johnson Central. Sorry about that.

In very curious as to which cov cath game you watched?

Covington Catholic reminds me of Beechwood when Cam was the QB. The TE is for real. CC goes in the direction with the ball on which ever side the big tight end is on. He is a primary target. They run the ball somewhat but thats not there game. Nice QB pocket passer but not a Kid Elam. Some kids goes both ways on o and D. Yeah, I have seen them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Glory_Days