Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County Football
Let’s hear from some folks over in Owingsville.  Job is posted; so, sound off!!  The past, the future, and THE CURRENT atmosphere.  What will it take to make Bath relevant?
Idk if there’s anything that can at this point. Maybe take some tips from the basketball coach on how to get kids interested in living in Oville?
Have the foreigners already started arriving on the bball team?
What ever happened to the old coach lane? he won 5 games in his season there and was a little competitive. Since that the only team they have beat with bowling was fairview and not even most games.
Bath County used to always have a “Clemons” or “Jones” on the squad from Sharpsburg that could run and make plays!

QUESTION: would Scooter Charles from over at Rowan be interested in this job?
(11-12-2023, 02:14 PM)ROTC Wrote: Bath County used to always have a “Clemons” or “Jones” on the squad from Sharpsburg that could run and make plays!

QUESTION:  would Scooter Charles from over at Rowan be interested in this job?
Would be a good hire but not sure if he has interest or not.
(11-12-2023, 02:14 PM)ROTC Wrote: Bath County used to always have a “Clemons” or “Jones” on the squad from Sharpsburg that could run and make plays!

been leading the Scooter bandwagon for a while. His offense at Rowan was impressive and he’s won in multiple sports at multiple levels. 

Bath needs to call him.
I like Scooter, too. I hope; if he is interested- they give him a chance!

Couldn’t the right guy recruit a few from Rowan and Montgomery and build a great program there?

I mean recruiting is now shameless and wide open; so, why not!?!?!!
(11-12-2023, 07:34 PM)strepxe Wrote:

been leading the Scooter bandwagon for a while. His offense at Rowan was impressive and he’s won in multiple sports at multiple levels. 

Bath needs to call him.

I like scooter as much as the next person. But Rowan’s offense looked like a pee-wee offense. Only 130 points scored. Bottom two in the class…..why would Bath want that? Not much of a step up.
(11-12-2023, 08:45 PM)Smoke’m Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:34 PM)strepxe Wrote:

Bath needs to call him.

I like scooter as much as the next person. But Rowan’s offense looked like a pee-wee offense. Only 130 points scored. Bottom two in the class…..why would Bath want that? Not much of a step up.
He hasn’t coached the last couple of years. No idea who was running the offense this year but it wasn’t Coach Charles. The last year he coached they scored 310 points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BTP's post:
  • Smoke’m
Where is Scooter coaching now?
Just get a car dealership to place an NIL deal for some top 200 talent. Should fix some things pretty quick.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Deuce8, Diogenes, Smoke’m
There’s a car dealership right there on the Bath/Rowan line!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Heater34
What about Todd Neaces son , Wes would make a good head coach for Bath. Had a college career at UPIKE and is an assistant at Perry Central.
Scooter would be an awesome get for Bath Co. I watched almost every game he called for the Vikings and it was a exciting, tempo based offense. Took every snap out the gun and was mostly 2x2 with some 2 back thrown in.
(11-14-2023, 12:26 PM)Heater34 Wrote: Scooter would be an awesome get for Bath Co. I watched almost every game he called for the Vikings and it was a exciting, tempo based offense. Took every snap out the gun and was mostly 2x2 with some 2 back thrown in.

School like Bath, does not need a tempo offense, it doesnt help, when the same kids go both ways..
(11-12-2023, 05:09 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: What ever happened to the old coach lane? he won 5 games in his season there and was a little competitive. Since that the only team they have beat with bowling was fairview and not even most games.

Currently Oline coach at Campbellsville University.
What about Tyler Ray from Boyle County? Hear he has some family down in Bath County.
(11-14-2023, 12:57 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 12:26 PM)Heater34 Wrote: Scooter would be an awesome get for Bath Co. I watched almost every game he called for the Vikings and it was a exciting, tempo based offense. Took every snap out the gun and was mostly 2x2 with some 2 back thrown in.

School like Bath, does not need a tempo offense, it doesnt help, when the same kids go  both ways..
Majority of kids at Rowan went both ways when he was there. Develop some players that can sub for a few plays here and there. That style of thinking is why Bath has struggled...do something different.
Has anyone heard anything?
[-] The following 1 user Likes strepxe's post:
  • Heater34
(11-14-2023, 03:19 PM)Heater34 Wrote:

School like Bath, does not need a tempo offense, it doesnt help, when the same kids go  both ways..
Majority of kids at Rowan went both ways when he was there. Develop some players that can sub for a few plays here and there. That style of thinking is why Bath has struggled...do something different.

what did they win at Rowan? that makes you want to model your program after it? Any small schools with two way players, or with only about 30 kids playing this time of year?

I am not from Bath County, I come from a place called the real world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Heater34
(11-14-2023, 04:36 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 03:19 PM)Heater34 Wrote:

what did they win at Rowan? that makes you want to model your program after it? Any small schools with two way players, or with only about 30 kids playing this time of  year?

I am not from Bath County, I come from a place called the real world.

Well they did have 3 winning seasons at a school that didn't have many before him and def hadn't had one in the last 2 seasons.
[-] The following 2 users Like Heater34's post:
  • Bandit29, BTP
Word out of Owingsville is its Scooter if he wants it.
Have they made an offer? I've heard that he's been contacted by several other programs looking for OC's too. He's definitely someone needed on the sidelines.
[-] The following 2 users Like strepxe's post:
  • Bandit29, Heater34
Scooter would be an excellent OC at most programs, head coach at bath is a different beast. You have to really develop players to play in his system, and bath cant do anything right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bandit29, Heater34
(11-27-2023, 08:39 PM)Heater34 Wrote: Word out of Owingsville is its Scooter if he wants it.
This statement is false. The next coach will be well known in Bath County circles but that name has not been mentioned in this thread.

QUESTION: would Scooter Charles from over at Rowan be interested in this job?

Is Andre Jones any where around? I haven’t seen him in 30 years. Very talented runner in his day.
What is going on at Rowan is hilarious. I wouldn't blame Scooter for leaving for someplace else after the way he and his family have been treated by that school.  Someone needs to take a good look at the recent hiring's at Rowan as the good old boy network is alive and well there!  Passing over highly qualified candidates so that a friend of a friends of someone important can get hired!  Amazing that a school of that size with the resources they have and some of the athletes they have had can't win consistently and are basically average to below average academically according to the newest state report card. 
Makes you go Hmmmm?
[-] The following 2 users Like Ogre's post:
  • Bandit29, Heater34
What’s the latest? Seems to have gone quiet over the last week or so. Thought somebody said they had their guy.
(11-29-2023, 12:44 PM)Ogre Wrote: What is going on at Rowan is hilarious. I wouldn't blame Scooter for leaving for someplace else after the way he and his family have been treated by that school.  Someone needs to take a good look at the recent hiring's at Rowan as the good old boy network is alive and well there!  Passing over highly qualified candidates so that a friend of a friends of someone important can get hired!  Amazing that a school of that size with the resources they have and some of the athletes they have had can't win consistently and are basically average to below average academically according to the newest state report card. 
Makes you go Hmmmm?

what is going on in Rowan? explain.