Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Bulldogs 2008
bac2369 Wrote:so the back kid is at hazard, what postion is he going to play. corner, safety, or wide reciever

If they get a Decent Lineman they should be OK. Just playing. Hazard should be a pretty good team.
Benchwarmer Wrote:If they get a Decent Lineman they should be OK. Just playing. Hazard should be a pretty good team.

Hopefully, haha it would be nice to be off the bench man....you dont even know. Besides that we got more than a few Decent Lineman over here...haha
if the back kid plays corner for hazard, the only addition they need will be a middle linebacker. thats what hurt hazard in the playoff game against LCA, if they can fill this postion then they are set. i expect nothing less than a shot a state championship
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Hopefully, haha it would be nice to be off the bench man....you dont even know. Besides that we got more than a few Decent Lineman over here...haha

You guys should contend for state next year. If you would only give the benchwarmers a little more playing time.Big Grin
lol.
I am so excited about next year! With our excellent coaches and the best group of young men coming back, our team should really be able to advance to the state finals next year! I know the team is already voicing their determination to improve on an almost perfect season next year and they are setting goals to ensure that they do so.

Go Dogs!!
Does the Warren kid play football?
i would like to know the same question. If he does and has game experience from bell county that shall give hazard a edge and more confidence for next season.
Hazard's going all the way in 08!!!!!!
And I can't wait for those awesome tailgate parties. Big Grin

GOOOO DAWGS!!!!
Hazard may win it all next year, they really don't lose a whole lot.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Hazard's going all the way in 08!!!!!!
And I can't wait for those awesome tailgate parties. Big Grin

GOOOO DAWGS!!!!

IMO the Hazard tailgating section will be really down next year,, they lose way to many senior starters in the endzone to be really effective next season...lol hahahaha. Plus with the loss of the president, (waylon is playing football) I see the tailgaters being down too many to be contenders next year. :BigLaugh:
A Decent Lineman Wrote:IMO the Hazard tailgating section will be really down next year,, they lose way to many senior starters in the endzone to be really effective next season...lol hahahaha. Plus with the loss of the president, (waylon is playing football) I see the tailgaters being down too many to be contenders next year. :BigLaugh:

Waylon is playing football??? GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH Smile
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Waylon is playing football??? GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH Smile

Yepp so idk what the tailgaters goin do now...hahahaha
How does everyone think they will do? Does anyone think they can bring home a Class A state title. And what are their keys to victory?

I think the team will do very well i cant give a record right now but they should be in the top 5 in the state in Class A. I believe if they can get past the 3rd round game then they should be in papa johns this year. The key to victory is on the defensive side of the ball which is loaded with talent and is going to be hard for offensive lines to stop. If the bulldogs offense is on and the defense is too there is no one going to beat these kids.
We are only 5 months away from the 2008 season and i feel that the hazard bulldogs will be the only team in the mountains this year with the capability to bring back a state championship. I also believe that they should be preseason #1 in class 1A. They bring back the EXACT same offense from what i am understanding and 9 out 11 defensive starters. They have a couple of transfers will alot of speed and athleticism to fill the corner positons and they have a very strong kid with good down hill reads filling the middle linebacker position. Other teams in class such as LCA lose 6 defensive players and 4 offensive players. pikeville loses the honakers which is a huge loss and im not sure about beechwood but raceland should be good next season and best of luck to them. So just by looking at this also i feel hazard is the team to beat this year. How does everyone else feel?
exactly
Nothing less than state..... ....in 08.
GOOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!!
Hazard has a shot and i believe the key to them winning state is defense. it was strong last year and i expect it too be even stronger. But the teams to beat in Class 1 A are going to be LCA, Raceland, Beechwood. Those are my guesses but not really heard anything on any other teams so far.
I heard that PCC was trying to cancel their game with Hazard next season. Anyone heard anything about this? I wonder how bad the dogs will beat PCC next season if they do play? 80-0? And is Warren playing football?
thats a good question if warren is playing football, and i would like to know if whitaker plays football.
Sounds like the "Bulldogs" are loaded.
bac2369 Wrote:thats a good question if warren is playing football, and i would like to know if whitaker plays football.
Neither Josh or Robert ever played football at Bell as far as I know....even in middle school. It was basketball all the way.
hey thanks for the information.
Hazard's district obviously is not as strong as others, but they will find out how good they are in the regions. Pikeville is the other choice to come out of the mountains. Either way, let's go Eastern Ky!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, LCA is for real and they return a large quantity of their contributing members from last year's team.
THIS team will be the one at the top of class a next year, good luck to any team that think they can take them down.
Hazard has a great shot to win their district and make a run in the region. The big team opposite Hazard is Pikeville and Raceland. After that, before making it to the carpet, LCA will more than likely await the winner.
Hazard will easily win their district. But the 3rd game in the playoffs will be an away game for hazard in which will be either LCA or Raceland but who knows Fairview and Nicholas County may surprise some people.. And if they win the third game then the 4th game will be at home against some one like Pikeville, Lynn Camp, Campbellsville, and Paintsville. I heard that South Floyd may be pretty good next year as well so i look forward to seeing them some where down the road.
I understand Hazard is preparing to install a turf field which will be a big improvement over their current Bermuda grass. Hopefully, this will also help them in preparing for away games which are played on similar artifical turf. I think the Bulldogs will be ready to play by August and will be determined to take it all the way to the carpet in Louisville in November!

Go Bulldogs!!
Hazard is returning a ton, no doubt about that. Pikeville is always a 1A Mountain threat. Beechwood can never be counted out and should always be in any discussion on Class A football in Kentucky. LCA will also be very good again. Raceland is about like Hazard in that the Rams are returning practically everyone on both sides of the football. Raceland returns 9 starters on both offense and defense from a pretty good football team last season that fell just short in the district championship game with LCA. Look for big things on both offense and defense from Bret Denton of the Rams. Denton is a terror at LB and is also an excellent RB.

Statewide I would look at Beechwood, Mayfield, Campbellsville and I believe that I heard that Crittenen (spellig?) County will be loaded along with Hazard, LCA, Raceland and Pikeville can't be overlooked at all.
divadawg Wrote:I understand Hazard is preparing to install a turf field which will be a big improvement over their current Bermuda grass. Hopefully, this will also help them in preparing for away games which are played on similar artifical turf. I think the Bulldogs will be ready to play by August and will be determined to take it all the way to the carpet in Louisville in November!

Go Bulldogs!!

I hadnt heard anything on the turf field....i thought that was a rumor! How do you know for sure? lol