Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT BRACKET
What’s your thoughts and predictions on the wymt ?

Knott
Martin

Harlan county
Letcher 

Perry
Harlan IND

Clay
Floyd

I think it will end up being a

Perry Vs Harlan county final
martin will be a sleeper team up top, they can beat knott and harlan, and floyd can surprise some people on the bottom half will be interesting
Martin is definitely the sleeper. Loaded athletic and tough with experience.
Depends a lot on if Kiser is back to Knott by the WYMT. If Kiser is back by then Knott will be hard to handle.

Harlan will walk.
Letcher has 3 out for season already with injuries 2 of them starters. Combined with being young.

Perry should walk.
Harlan Independent is down bad this year besides McLendon.

Clay should walk.
Floyd is middle of pack team in 15th.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluegrassbredbobcat's post:
  • HollyWood24
Looks like it will be Clay, Halan County in the championship should have some good story lines!
Floyd Central in championship vs Knott
(10-22-2023, 01:47 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Floyd Central in championship vs Knott
I’d say you’re 0 for 2 there in that prediction. But I guess we will see.   I think it’ll be a Harlan county Vs Perry central final
(10-19-2023, 03:55 PM)the gambler Wrote: martin will be a sleeper team up top, they can beat knott and harlan, and floyd can surprise some people on the bottom half will be interesting

(10-20-2023, 09:39 AM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Martin is definitely the sleeper. Loaded athletic and tough with experience.
Depends a lot on if Kiser is back to Knott by the WYMT. If Kiser is back by then Knott will be hard to handle.

Harlan will walk.
Letcher has 3 out for season already with injuries 2 of them starters. Combined with being young.

Perry should walk.
Harlan Independent is down bad this year besides McLendon.

Clay should walk.
Floyd is middle of pack team in 15th.

Who is injured for Letcher?
Brady Boggs - out for the year (3yr starter)
Gunner Holbrook - broken back happened in football
another basketball player torn ACL in football
another senior out for season I'm hearing with hip

Wish they would've replaced them with us.
Been a way better matchup with Sperry and Trent first round.
(10-23-2023, 11:33 AM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Brady Boggs - out for the year (3yr starter)
Gunner Holbrook - broken back happened in football
another basketball player torn ACL in football
another senior out for season I'm hearing with hip

Wish they would've replaced them with us.
Been a way better matchup with Sperry and Trent first round.
That would have been worth the admission, 2 D1 kids going at it man, you don’t see that a lot around here
Top is loaded for sure, Martin, knott can both win it , but Noah And HArlan have to favorites to win the tourney, the bottom is not nearly as stacked as the top, i think perry can beat harlan ind, the clay floyd game will be a dandy, but in the end i think Harlan county is too much and will win the tournament
Has HC has established that they are 20 pt favorites in this tournament? Letcher is down bad. Harlan Ind will get crushed. Martin/knott will be decent but can they play on that level? Perry or clay in the final, this might be the most uncompetitive mountain classic in a while.
cant wait to see clay match up with Harlan county should be a heck of a championship!
(12-05-2023, 12:21 PM)FallRock Wrote: cant wait to see clay match up with Harlan county should be a heck of a championship!
Not trying to rain on your parade, but 2 things. 
1. There’s no guarantee Clay makes it. 
2. regardless who makes it, Harlan will win by 20 plus.  
Todd luck to all teams!!
Perry will beat Clay as bad as they want to beat them. Harlan County vs Perry final. Perry takes home championship trophy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • FallRock
(12-05-2023, 12:35 PM)Diablo Wrote: Perry will beat Clay as bad as they want to beat them.  Harlan County vs Perry final.  Perry takes home championship trophy.

LOL ! troll award

(12-05-2023, 12:27 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 12:21 PM)FallRock Wrote: cant wait to see clay match up with Harlan county should be a heck of a championship!
Todd luck to all teams!!

nothing is guaranteed. Clay and Harlan county are the top 2 teams in the best region in eastern Kentucky.(so id like to watch this one) and clay is 15 points better than perry but that doesn't matter in WYMT they favor the hazard schools a lot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Diablo
(12-05-2023, 01:03 PM)FallRock Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 12:35 PM)Diablo Wrote: Perry will beat Clay as bad as they want to beat them.  Harlan County vs Perry final.  Perry takes home championship trophy.

LOL ! troll award

Todd luck to all teams!!

nothing is guaranteed. Clay and Harlan county are the top 2 teams in the best region in eastern Kentucky.(so id like to watch this one) and clay is 15 points better than perry but that doesn't matter in WYMT they favor the hazard schools a lot.
Clay may be the best team in the bottom bracket, I will say Perry has a ton of work to do, Floyd is tough, but regardless, I think Harlan will win the championship game by as many as they want.   Good luck to all teams!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jet fighter's post:
  • FallRock
i think itll be floyd central and harlan in the ship with harlan winning it easily
Troll says, Perry beats Clay 20.
I like harlan co to win the wymt
(12-05-2023, 01:03 PM)FallRock Wrote:

LOL ! troll award

Todd luck to all teams!!

Does the refs in the WYMT classic come out of the 14th region? Cause if they do it’s perry over clay… even though clay is better. 

Clay has a long way to go before we acknowledge they are the 2nd best team in the region.
No need to make an excuse for Clay now they lost.
Not the performance i expected with the Clay is back talk all offseason. Clay county missing free throws is not something i would have in my predictions, but they had to be under 50 percent on the game. Plus the countless sloppy turnovers. I knew they weren’t HC and SL level but that wasn’t winning basketball.

Good win for floyd, i think one person said they thought floyd would be in the final, and i thought it was crazy. Perry didn’t impress me enough to say that they can undoubtedly win that game. Should be an interesting and fun semis.
I have watched some very ugly basketball so far this season and especially in this tournament. I know its early but wow..
Perry will definitely beat Floyd. Aside of their poor 2nd quarter performance, they were pretty impressive, especially when their defense picked it up a couple notches.
Floyd was impressive, should be a good matchup Friday with the cougars and commodores..
(12-06-2023, 10:05 AM)BlackHawk Wrote: Perry will definitely beat Floyd. Aside of their poor 2nd quarter performance, they were pretty impressive, especially when their defense picked it up a couple notches.
perry was up 5 i believe at half with a team that will get routed every week. Clay was up 33 at half and won by 50 holding mcclendon to 11 points. Last night he had over 20 in the first half. Either perry needs to figure out how to guard or the definitely win is a stretch. Clay thought they would definitely win, but when a team gets hot in the WYMT things get weird.
Clay has multiple issues currently…namely defense and the FT shooting. BUT, they are definitely more fun to watch and play with a ton more desire than they have the previous 4-5 seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nedreader's post:
  • Cactus Jack
I thought Clay played hard as hell. Shots would not fall. Some times they will. Floyd played great. Clays gonna be better than they been in a long time this year. May even go back to Rupp.
How'd that work out for you????
Clay is not top5 in the 13th