Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass 34 Bryan Station 14
Final. The Broncos never trailed in the game it was tied at 7 in the 2nd quarter, but the Broncos dominated the 2nd half on both sides of the ball. Douglass improves to 4-3 on the season and Station falls to 5-3 on the season. This is also Frederick Douglass's 31st straight win over Lexington schools.

This was actually a larger margin of victory for the Broncos than it was here two years ago when the Broncos won that one 27-14.
Way to go, Freddy!!! Keep it rollin', boys!!!
Stats:

Rush Yards:

Douglass 175

Station 177

Pass Yards:

Douglass 117

Station 120

Turnovers:

Douglass 0

Station 2 plus 3 turnovers on 4th down.

Darion Talbert for Douglass had 210 all purpose yards. He was a difference maker today. Trenton Cutwright was big for the Defenders today. I will say these two will meet at Douglass in a few weeks in the playoffs.

Best of luck to Cooper Ranvier and the Douglass boys soccer team who currently is leading the 11th region soccer championship 1-0 late in the first half.
FD O still looks like it's struggling. Game was closer than score showed. Played better with backup kicker and him being out on O to me..
(10-14-2023, 03:57 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: FD O still looks like it's struggling. Game was closer than score showed. Played better with backup kicker and him being out on O to me..

I like Douglass but I don't see them beating Boyle by putting up less than 300 yards of offense. Boyle is gonna score five or six times on both Corbin and Douglass and, right now, I don't see either the Hounds or Broncos being able to outscore Haddix' boys.
Here is the video of Darion Talbert impressive punt return vs. Bryan Station today. Compliments of Jared Peck’s Twitter (X) feed.

https://x.com/HLpreps/status/1713257189454807352?s=20

Ranvier just headed in the tying goal less than 5 minutes left in the 11th Region Soccer Championship game vs Lafayette.
(10-14-2023, 04:04 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 03:57 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: FD O still looks like it's struggling. Game was closer than score showed. Played better with backup kicker and him being out on O to me..

I like Douglass but I don't see them beating Boyle by putting up less than 300 yards of offense. Boyle is gonna score five or six times on both Corbin and Douglass and, right now, I don't see either the Hounds or Broncos being able to outscore Haddix' boys.

Defense wins championships...
(10-14-2023, 05:58 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:

It did before these high powered offenses came alive. Ask Alabama….  Smile
(10-14-2023, 05:58 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:

No defense is going to shut down Boyle. Corbin will have to score six times(five, minimum) to have a chance. Same for Douglass.  I don't see it happening , at this point.