Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Local thoughts from my point of veiw!
Smile Upset of the Week! I wanted to give a big shout out to Rockcastle County for pulling off what is very hard to do and go straight into Bell County (Log Mountain) and just flat-out man handle a beast of an opponent. I would have picked Bell County 10-10 times due to its tradition at home. Rockcastle is gearing up to make a deep run in the playoffs. 

Smile Johnson Central played a very good game against Corbin. I was really impressed with Jesse Pecks defense. I like defense and Johnson Central did a great job and made it hard on the Corbin offense to get going. I cant help but to notice that the offense gutted Corbin up the middle. That is noteworthy for down the road deep in the playoffs. I thought JC played tuff. 

Smile How about Betsy Layne. Undefeated and playing some quality football at the right time!! Congratulations!!!

Smile High Score goes to North Laurel and Mayfield. North laid a licking to South Laurel and I have to say, that was Brutal!! Mayfield was laying the wood as well! 

Smile Some teams to note that have really turned the program around is Jackson County with now 5 wins on the season. They have to be feeling very happy over there. 

Smile I may have missed some that are note worthy and please point out who you think needs some praise! Have a Beautiful Sunday!!
[-] The following 5 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Fanatic42, Granny Bear, North laurel Fan, Westside
Nobody wants to hand out helmet stickers, Bull. BUT I enjoyed the good vibes and Atta boys! Keep them coming!
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
Love to see Betsy Layne on some radars. They have a matchup in two weeks against Shelby Valley that will tell the tale for them and how successful of a playoff run they’ll be able to make.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Bull got out!
Great stuff Bull!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
I was impressed as well on how JC moved the ball between the tackles, your never gonna replace Jim Matney, the good lord gained a soldier, but Peck may end up absolutely being the best choice Johnson Central could have made…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Woodshed
Good stuff, Bull.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
Comeback of the week

Owen county was down 21-0 and came back to win 27-21 in their homecoming game
[-] The following 4 users Like Advicegiver74's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Spud6
I think Webster County deserves a shout out for a turn-around like Jackson County. At 5-2 so far this season, its the first season with at least 5 wins since 2007. If they can win just one more game this year it will be the first season with more than 5 wins since 2002!
[-] The following 3 users Like #GoCougs's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Spud6
Good job, Webster!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-02-2023, 10:45 AM)#GoCougs Wrote: I think Webster County deserves a shout out for a turn-around like Jackson County. At 5-2 so far this season, its the first season with at least 5 wins since 2007.  If they can win just one more game this year it will be the first season with more than 5 wins since 2002!

That’s program building stuff right there!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • pjdoug
(10-02-2023, 10:45 AM)#GoCougs Wrote: I think Webster County deserves a shout out for a turn-around like Jackson County. At 5-2 so far this season, its the first season with at least 5 wins since 2007.  If they can win just one more game this year it will be the first season with more than 5 wins since 2002!

Smile Thats awesome!!! That means something to those kids! No doubt some happy fans in the community. Thanks for Posting!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(10-02-2023, 06:42 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Comeback of the week

Owen county was down 21-0 and came back to win 27-21 in their homecoming game

I love comebacks and games like this. There is some good football when you get the right teams matched up. It doesn't have to always be two top  teams playing. Thanks for Posting! Smile
  • pjdoug
Absolutely! The real fun in HS football isn’t to be had watching the “others”!
  • Bull got out!
(10-02-2023, 09:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Smile Thats awesome!!! That means something to those kids! No doubt some happy fans in the community. Thanks for Posting!

Some people don't realize that these kids work hard just like the kids on state championship teams. I love to cheer for teams like Jackson County Generals. it does my heart good to see them have a winning season.
[-] The following 4 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, North laurel Fan, papagrit, SmashMouth17
All seriousness!! I 100% agree with you dougie. This is the true fun of HS football.
  • Bull got out!
(10-02-2023, 10:54 PM)ROTC Wrote: All seriousness!!  I 100% agree with you dougie.  This is the true fun of HS football.

All kids that play the game are relevant Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
YES THEY ARE!! Trolling is fun and goofy. But kids busting their NUTS for their teammates and Pride is always Rwlevant!!! DUHHH
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
I'll stand on the tracks and talk trash to a freight train Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-02-2023, 10:27 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Some people don't realize that these kids work hard just like the kids on state championship teams. I love to cheer for teams like Jackson County Generals. it does my heart good to see them have a winning season.
Yeah, I'm really happy for those Generals. I like that Lynn Camp has gotten some wins, as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
Lc and belfry was a great matchup
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senters_93's post:
  • Bull got out!
What kind of mental lightweight would drive 2 hr and 26 min just to start a fist fight in the stands?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-03-2023, 10:13 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: What kind of mental lightweight would drive 2 hr and 26 min just to start a fist fight in the stands?

Huh?
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-03-2023, 12:30 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 10:27 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Yeah, I'm really happy for those Generals. I like that Lynn Camp has gotten some wins, as well.

Bad sportsmanship in the past caused me to like Lynn Camp less than Corbin Big Grin
  • Bull got out!
(10-03-2023, 10:13 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: What kind of mental lightweight would drive 2 hr and 26 min just to start a fist fight in the stands?

Smile I dont know but I would have given anything to have seen it in person. Hilarious!!!
  • pjdoug
Bourbon County 0-6 on the season. Has the plant workers families all moved to Great Crossing?
Ohio County 1-6. The 5A school is 20 miles south of Owensboro. This farming/coal county just never has the athletes on the football field but always fields a team.
McCreary Central 0-6. This high school down in southeast Kentucky never has the players Wayne County and Pulaski County runs but they always play on Friday night. 
Jellico High School 4-2. This small school has wins this season they normally haven't seen.
Larue County 0-7. If the QB Boley plays at his fathers home school do they have some wins? If he played this season in Hodgenville does he still get to play at UK next season. 
Jackson County: Bull this football team is bringing hopefully life into the county as they have needed hope and sunshine for these people for many years. 
Loomis is 2-4. This small school plays 8 man football in the farmlands of Nebraska. 
These are some schools that i look to hoping for wins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wheeler's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-03-2023, 08:29 PM)wheeler Wrote: Bourbon County 0-6 on the season. Has the plant workers families all moved to Great Crossing?
Ohio County 1-6. The 5A school is 20 miles south of Owensboro. This farming/coal county just never has the athletes on the football field but always fields a team.
McCreary Central 0-6. This high school down in southeast Kentucky never has the players Wayne County and Pulaski County runs but they always play on Friday night. 
Jellico High School 4-2. This small school has wins this season they normally haven't seen.
Larue County 0-7. If the QB Boley plays at his fathers home school do they have some wins? If he played this season in Hodgenville does he still get to play at UK next season. 
Jackson County: Bull this football team is bringing hopefully life into the county as they have needed hope and sunshine for these people for many years. 
Loomis is 2-4. This small school plays 8 man football in the farmlands of Nebraska. 

I actually got some family that played at Jackson County. That was about 6 years ago but no doubt, great community and folks! I like driving through that area! Thanks for all the post Wheeler! I’m with you on small schools. Love seeing them win!
(10-03-2023, 10:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 08:29 PM)wheeler Wrote: Bourbon County 0-6 on the season. Has the plant workers families all moved to Great Crossing?

I actually got some family that played at Jackson County. That was about 6 years ago but no doubt, great community and folks! I like driving through that area! Thanks for all the post Wheeler! I’m with you on small schools. Love seeing them win!

Lived over there for a few years back in the 90's when I was sparking a girl from over there.

(10-03-2023, 10:46 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

Huh?

Some Yahoo from Johnson County trying to fist fight over on the visitors side at Campbell Field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!

The head coach at Jellico was on the powerhouse championship teams at Carson Newman in 1980's, and he won a middle school championship as coach of Jacksboro Middle School.  Smithburg, Tennessee was built on land owned by my Smith family. Smithburg became Jellico in 1883. The famous actress Patricia Neal was born at coal mining camp Packard, KY., just a few miles from Jellico in Whitley County.
  • Bull got out!

I like driving through there too.
  • Bull got out!
(10-03-2023, 11:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Lived over there for a few years back in the 90's when I was sparking a girl from over there.

(10-03-2023, 10:46 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

Huh?

Some Yahoo from Johnson County trying to fist fight over on the visitors side at Campbell Field.

Corbin causes him to melt down. He should have kept his hind end in that water cooled chair.
  • Bull got out!