Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Seats
(09-03-2023, 05:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 04:44 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 11:41 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 11:40 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 11:34 AM)pjdoug Wrote: There must be problems besides Buckner in Knox County. Jellico played better than I had ever seen them play when he coached there.
KC got a ton more talent walking up and down school hallways than what Buckner has been able to get out. KC and Buckner are three years away from competing consistently and that’s if administration leaves Buckner alone to do his job..
I don't know what the problems are there, but I do know that Buckner can coach.
IDK, the offense doesn’t quite make any sense at times. The offensive line is getting manhandled which should not be the case at KC. The pieces are there to be decent and great if they go in the halls and grab some talent, but they aren’t preforming and haven’t since he arrived. So i respectfully disagree that if not for the Bell win last season, hes a complete wash.
He's a good coach whether you agree or not. Jellico couldn't possibly have a winning season with a bad coach. Corbin probably wouldn't have had him on staff either.

Looks like they have allowed 41 points per game during his 14 games as coach while scoring an average of 26 per game. It’s going to be hard to consistently win games with one of the worst scoring defenses in the entire state. Now that the scoring average has carried over to a second season, that is a coaching issue any way you slice it. Only 2 teams in 3A gave up more points last season and those 2 had a combined record of 1-19. Doesn’t look like any team with a winning record gave up 30 or more per game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
(09-03-2023, 07:41 PM)fansville Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 11:41 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 11:40 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: KC got a ton more talent walking up and down school hallways than what Buckner has been able to get out. KC and Buckner are three years away from competing consistently and that’s if administration leaves Buckner alone to do his job..
I don't know what the problems are there, but I do know that Buckner can coach.
IDK, the offense doesn’t quite make any sense at times. The offensive line is getting manhandled which should not be the case at KC. The pieces are there to be decent and great if they go in the halls and grab some talent, but they aren’t preforming and haven’t since he arrived. So i respectfully disagree that if not for the Bell win last season, hes a complete wash.
He's a good coach whether you agree or not. Jellico couldn't possibly have a winning season with a bad coach. Corbin probably wouldn't have had him on staff either.

Looks like they have allowed 41 points per game during his 14 games as coach while scoring an average of 26 per game. It’s going to be hard to consistently win games with one of the worst scoring defenses in the entire state. Now that the scoring average has carried over to a second season, that is a coaching issue any way you slice it. Only 2 teams in 3A gave up more points last season and those 2 had a combined record of 1-19. Doesn’t look like any team with a winning record gave up 30 or more per game.
Well said.
If Trinity doesn't figure it out on offense, Cobb's seat has to be a little smoky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dodger's post:
  • HighViz
(09-05-2023, 01:27 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 11:41 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I don't know what the problems are there, but I do know that Buckner can coach.

Well said.

He inherited a complete disaster, it will take minimum of 4 years to turn it around or longer. If they don’t give him at least 5 years. It will always be a disaster. JMO
(09-05-2023, 04:59 PM)dodger Wrote: If Trinity doesn't figure it out on offense, Cobb's seat has to be a little smoky.

I think it was hot after last season. At this point if he doesn't win a title I don't see any scenario where he's coaching at Trinity next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach
Maynard at Russell should be. After last season and his play calling so far this season.
(09-06-2023, 04:53 PM)insideinfo Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 01:27 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 04:44 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: IDK, the offense doesn’t quite make any sense at times. The offensive line is getting manhandled which should not be the case at KC. The pieces are there to be decent and great if they go in the halls and grab some talent, but they aren’t preforming and haven’t since he arrived. So i respectfully disagree that if not for the Bell win last season, hes a complete wash.

Well said.

He inherited a complete disaster, it will take minimum of 4 years to turn it around or longer. If they don’t give him at least 5 years. It will always be a disaster. JMO
Dudley inherited a 4 win team and worst the program has ever been, after one year they won 11 games, next year went to state. Look at what rhymer is doing at whitley. Look across the state really, it doesn’t take 5 years unless you are at either a brand new school, or you expect state championships. Knox does not expect that but competitiveness in the region matters and he has not done that outside of 1 win on a thursday in early september last year.
What factors lead to the hot seat:

Disgruntled players
Comparisons to rivals
Unrealistic expectations
Community involvement???

I feel like most of the time the coach is held to a higher standard than what the school system and admin are wanting to invest in the program.

Thoughts?????
If the Ads go winless this year, every part of the Danville administration that produced the mess should be jettisoned since their "reset' didn't work.
[-] The following 2 users Like AdsFanatic's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil, jlow