Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Playoff format change this year?
I was speaking with someone this morning and they told me that the Hounds and Boyle County will not meet in the Semi-Finals and not the finals. 

Is this accurate? if so, how?
(08-21-2023, 10:44 PM)FlyPattern Wrote: I was speaking with someone this morning and they told me that the Hounds and Boyle County will not meet in the Semi-Finals and not the finals. 

If they both win their districts they can meet in either semis or finals. If one slips up and is the 2 seed, they’ll meet in the second round
Okay, so it didn't really change then. 

He was telling me the Hounds and Boyle are both considered west teams and would have to meet in semifinals and two teams out of the east would meet on the other side, glad to know it is still as years past based on the RPI seeding for the semifinals
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyPattern's post:
  • Bull got out!
When ever they meet round 2,3,4,or 5
Haddix and his rebels put the smack down.
Twins , triplets, quadruplets don’t matter.
4 peat !!!!! End of story ….. Tommy will be out coached ,like he is year in and year out . nothing has changed here boys. Haddix owns Tommy.
(08-21-2023, 11:00 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: When ever they meet round 2,3,4,or 5
Haddix and his rebels put the smack down.
Twins , triplets, quadruplets don’t matter.
4 peat !!!!! End of story ….. Tommy will be out coached ,like he is year in and year out . nothing has changed here boys. Haddix owns Tommy.
I’ll agree with your 2nd to last sentence. But just like last year. No one will smack the hounds around.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Deuce8, Gold River
(08-21-2023, 10:44 PM)FlyPattern Wrote: I was speaking with someone this morning and they told me that the Hounds and Boyle County will not meet in the Semi-Finals and not the finals. 

Boyle and Corbin are in the same Region or (Sister Districts to each other).  Meaning that Boyle and Corbin both plays the others district for round 1 and 2.  # 4 at #1 and #3 at #2.   Which more than likely would mean Corbin's #4 seed in their district would play at Boyle and Boyle's #4 would play at Corbin in Round 1.   

Regions Championships go to East RPI in round 3.  Semi's go to RPI on the 4 remaining teams for round 4. Winners advance to State Championship.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Boyle, Corbin, Johnson Central, and Covington Catholic will survive the first 2 rounds and advance to round 3. Who plays who depends on the RPI and how they end up in the RPI rankings. Who ever is #4 will play at #1 in round 3 while #3 will play at #2.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, nemo
(08-21-2023, 11:31 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

Boyle and Corbin are in the same Region or (Sister Districts to each other).  Meaning that Boyle and Corbin both plays the others district for round 1 and 2.  # 4 at #1 and #3 at #2.   Which more than likely would mean Corbin's #4 seed in their district would play at Boyle and Boyle's #4 would play at Corbin in Round 1.   

Regions Championships go to East RPI in round 3.  Semi's go to RPI on the 4 remaining teams for round 4. Winners advance to State Championship.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Boyle, Corbin, Johnson Central, and Covington Catholic will survive the first 2 rounds and advance to round 3.  Who plays who depends on the RPI and how they end up in the RPI rankings.  Who ever is #4 will play at #1 in round 3 while #3 will play at #2.

In other words, what it means is Corbin and Boyle will meet again at Kroger.  Correct?
I wouldn't count out Covington Catholic!
(08-22-2023, 01:06 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I wouldn't count out Covington Catholic!
I haven't looked at all of the schedules of the presumed top 4 but who do you think will be the top 2 seeds, based on RPI, when the season finishes up?  I know both Corbin and Boyle plays FD, which could be a loss(though, I doubt it). Corbin also plays JC, who plays Pikeville. I don't know who Cov Cath has. My first thought is JC #4 goes to either Boyle or Corbin but I'm just guessing.
Big Games that will decide RPI:

Boyle: LCA, Scott County, at F. Douglas, Lexington Catholic
Corbin : at Lexington Catholic, Johnson Central, F. Douglas
Covington Catholic: at Highlands, at Beechwood, at Simon Kenton
Johnson Central : at Pikeville, at Belfry, at Corbin

3 of these games are this weekend.
(08-22-2023, 01:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 01:06 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I wouldn't count out Covington Catholic!
I haven't looked at all of the schedules of the presumed top 4 but who do you think will be the top 2 seeds, based on RPI, when the season finishes up?  I know both Corbin and Boyle plays FD, which could be a loss(though, I doubt it). Corbin also plays JC, who plays Pikeville. I don't know who Cov Cath has. My first thought is JC #4 goes to either Boyle or Corbin but I'm just guessing.

If Boyle runs the table they will be 1.
(08-22-2023, 03:29 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Not necessarily if they all have no losses then it matters what the teams they have played does because that team gets points of the teams they have beat but old school hound and Hound05 and bull bologna man probably can tell you more about that than me
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:

Not necessarily if they all have no losses then it matters what the teams they have played does because that team gets points of the teams they have beat but old school hound and Hound05 and bull bologna man probably can tell you more about that than me
bull bologna……… that’s funny as heck!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Rebel55
(08-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:

Scott County, Lexington Christian, Lexington Catholic, and Frederick Douglass would push them into first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!
1. Boyle: LCA, Scott County, Lex Catholic, Frederick Douglass
2. Corbin: Lex Catholic, Frederick Douglass, Johnson Central
3. Covington Catholic: Highlands, Beechwood
4. Johnson Central: Pikeville, Belfry, Corbin, Ashland Blazer

These are the must win games for each team and the ones that will boost RPI.

Boyle and Corbin have 2 common opponents.

Corbin and Johnson Central loser will go to the highest seed IMO.

Frederick Douglass will be the game to watch for Corbin early and Boyle late.