Taylor Newsome - 8 pts, 4 rebs
Logan Bryant - 6 pts, 4 stls
Curby Tackett - 6 pts, 8 rebs
Tyler Newsome - 6 pts
Cody Varney - 4 pts
Tanner Tackett - 4 pts
Dylan Tackett - 3 pts
wow, congrats valley!
The score was actually 90-53... sorry for the error.
Starting lineup was alright tonight, Jake will get better and replace Taylor Newsome, Jonah has looked good the two times I have seen him play this year. This Wildcat team is going to be good. Elisha was the best player on the floor, as expected.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Starting lineup was alright tonight, Jake will get better and replace Taylor Newsome, Jonah has looked good the two times I have seen him play this year. This Wildcat team is going to be good. Elisha was the best player on the floor, as expected.

I wouldn't think that Taylor would be replaced by anyone. He looks capable and willing to be a baller.
Congrats Valley, this wasnt Scott County tho right?
Congrats Valley
ronald_reagan Wrote:I wouldn't think that Taylor would be replaced by anyone. He looks capable and willing to be a baller.

You don't think Jake Bryant is a better player than Taylor? If not you haven't watched Jake play much. The starters definitely should be Elisha, Logan, Jake, Jonah, Ashley. That's the best 6 Valley has, the stats don't lie.
Man what a great win to start the season. I know Scott has a decent player with an odd name (can't think of it now)

They had a big time record last year in one of the toughest regions. Great job SV. Can't wait to see you guys this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Valley
Congrats Wildcats!
The rest of the 15th region will be battling for 2nd place this season. Valley is just way too good!!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You don't think Jake Bryant is a better player than Taylor? If not you haven't watched Jake play much. The starters definitely should be Elisha, Logan, Jake, Jonah, Ashley. That's the best 6 Valley has, the stats don't lie.

no.

And i've known/watched Taylor since he was about 4 years old. Jacob since birth, as well as the rest of his family.

I do agree though. The 6 best does include Taylor. Thanks for the post and backing me up on that.
Valley is just a sound team all around.....i think there the team this year in the 15th region...
Goiing to be a special year for Valley. Couldn't imagine this team with a player around 6'8 to actually make a run at the state. Size will kill them in the long run as it does most Eastern Kentucky teams. Great win Valley!
Congrats to Valley, nice win over a solid team. Hopefully this is the start of a very special season for the Cats.

Can someone tell me who started? It seems from posts on here that Jonah Justice started ahead of Jacob Bryant, is this true? I have a hard time understanding this if true, because he was arguably no worse than the second-best player on the team last year. I don't see how he doesn't start.

Starters should be Elisha, Jacob, Ashley, then two out of the three of Jonah, Logan, and Taylor. No matter what, Valley should have the best top 6 in the region.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coach Booher said Jacob would have started normally but did not start because of a violation of a team rule. He said Jacob ended up having one of his best games in a Valley uniform last night. Good Luck this year!
scott who?
Congrats to Valley
Starters were: Elisha, Ashley, Taylor, Jonah, Logan. Now I say Jake should start over Taylor the 2 times I've seen Taylor and Jonah play this year, but he could go in for Logan too, he hasn't played as good as last year so far either.
magic man Wrote:scott who?

Scott High School, I reckon anyone who can play ball goes to Scott County.
Scott was not very good, lost all 5 starters from last year. No players very big. Valley played well.Not ranked in top 10 in their region.Valley is very good, I wish them the very best. Cumberland would have been a nice game!Wink
it may be a little ealry to tell but will SV lose a game this year? lol they are going to be the best in the 15th for a few more seasons to come IMO
Congrats Valley!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nope just Scott High School. Very impressive outing for Valley, they will be tough to beat.

MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Valley, this wasnt Scott County tho right?
magic man Wrote:scott who?

Scott High School in Covington, KY.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bryant will start. If Booher discovers Tackett, Tyler Newsome, and Varney off the bench Valley will be very good.
Valley is the team to beat in the 15th I think.
Congrats Valley
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Starters were: Elisha, Ashley, Taylor, Jonah, Logan. Now I say Jake should start over Taylor the 2 times I've seen Taylor and Jonah play this year, but he could go in for Logan too, he hasn't played as good as last year so far either.
Jake will be in the lineup in due time. Either way he will get the main minutes during crunch time.