Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry-48 Breathitt County-14
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pirates go into Jackson and puts a running clock on Breathitt County!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Breathitt did not look good but this is the best Belfry has looked game 1 in a while. Last year this would have been a competitive game in the 4th quarter. Belfry has lost their last 2 openers. If Belfry can continue forcing opponents to worry about the pass that will help the running game cause then you can’t just put 11 guys within 7-8 yards of the LOS.
Congratulations To the Pirates
2 passing TDs for Belfry as well...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations Pond Creek Nation!!

I knew Belfry was underrated going into the season. It was laughable WYMT had Shelby Valley ranked above Belfry. That matchup would not be pretty for Valley. The Pirates are loaded with a lot of young talent also.

I was also surprised WYMT had Breathitt County #5, 4 spots ahead of Belfry, after I saw Pikeville completely control their scrimmage against Breathitt County in Jackson. Breathitt will improve though I'm sure and hopefully win some games in the playoffs again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(08-18-2023, 10:56 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Breathitt did not look good but this is the best Belfry has looked game 1 in a while. Last year this would have been a competitive game in the 4th quarter. Belfry has lost their last 2 openers. If Belfry can continue forcing opponents to worry about the pass that will help the running game cause then you can’t just put 11 guys within 7-8 yards of the LOS.
Breathitt did not look bad they are bad. Not coached well. Pulling out trick plays early in first half. Blowing red zone opportunities. They have a talented kid in Sperry who needs to get many more touches. As far as last 2 year opponent’s belfry has had Breathitt is by far the worst. Belfry played outstanding and did what they should have and put Breathitt down early. True tests are coming and hope the best for the Pirates but let’s not make to much out of this victory. Varney and Young both left with injuries hoping both are just minor and get back next week
Gotta hand it to Belfry for going in there and dominating them down by the river!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes BelfryPride's post:
  • Belfry_99
Breathitt is middle of the oack at best. Sperry still afraid of contact no running game,QB looks like a middle school kid. Breathitt sucks as usual!!
If Breathitt’s coaching staff can’t discipline their student athletes any better than this, then they need to hang it up.  

Completely embarrassing for the program and people of Breathitt.  I lost track of the personal fouls that were called and those that were seen.  It’s absolutely a reflection of the leadership on the sidelines, too.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoondockSaint's post:
  • bcpc, mandan
The wheels are off of the Breathitt County hype train a little bit earlier than normal it would seem. Do the Bobcat faithful still see Breathitt as a real contender in 2A as they were touted all summer?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • bcpc
(08-18-2023, 11:41 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: If Breathitt’s coaching staff can’t discipline their student athletes any better than this, then they need to hang it up.  

Completely embarrassing for the program and people of Breathitt.  I lost track of the personal fouls that were called and those that were seen.  It’s absolutely a reflection of the leadership on the sidelines, too.

What exactly happened on the sidelines?  Is it worse than say an assistant coach taking a metal folding chair and “cold-cocking” another coach in the locker room at halftime of a game?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • bcpc
(08-19-2023, 12:12 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: The wheels are off of the Breathitt County hype train a little bit earlier than normal it would seem.  Do the Bobcat faithful still see Breathitt as a real contender in 2A as they were touted all summer?
Exactly my thoughts
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • mandan
Breathitt is going to be fine. The tough schedule is really what they needed. The hype from the summer is now over so hopefully they get it back on track. Belfry looked solid, even threw the ball well but Breathitt missed a few assignments on that option. That’s why belfry is so hard to beat. They run what they run and do it well. They have a little passing game going with that run this year. The pirates are contenders in 3A this year.
Beating Breathitt may not make you a contender in 3A.
(08-19-2023, 12:35 AM)ROTC Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 11:41 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: If Breathitt’s coaching staff can’t discipline their student athletes any better than this, then they need to hang it up.  

What exactly happened on the sidelines?  Is it worse than say an assistant coach taking a metal folding chair and “cold-cocking” another coach in the locker room at halftime of a game?

I have no clue of the “cold-cocking” you’re referring to but it sounds like a good story.  Do tell. 

Im saying there were near 10 personal fouls called on Breathitt Co., all legitimate, and just as many missed after the whistle.  The MEN on the sideline are not men if they’re ok with that. To my knowledge, none of the players were disciplined for their tactics.  That’s shitty coaching and classless.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoondockSaint's post:
  • bcpc, mandan
Oh that’s just what they do on the Riverbank. I have seen kids tackled into their crappy visitor sidelines and through the fence. Hapless refs from the 14th ignore it…..

To be fair…. I have seen a visiting QB be knocked into a steel fence post five yards out of bounds and his season ended at Pond Creek as well.
That was an embarrassment. The year Belfry is supposed to be down and having a lot of players transfer out just come to riverbank and put up a running clock is ridiculous. Something has got to give. Can’t wait for the Kyle Moore show next week after this beating
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tailback44's post:
  • bcpc
Keep us updated
Bluegrass rivals just needs to get its biggest people together and just take over wymt sports overtime. Everyone that had a bit of sense knew the outcome of this game, maybe not to this extent but knew it would be belfry on top. But yet the rankings come out with breathitt ahead of Belfry, Bell County, etc. And hazard in the top 10 when they got spanked by martin. Breathitt hype train was ridiculous and still is. If they turn out to be good then great for the kids but the personal fouls that i heard on the radio was insane and ridiculous. If the amount of blatant Personal fouls happened with no repercussions for a haywood, hilton, or another respected coached team… this website would crash because of the freak out.
(08-19-2023, 01:14 AM)ROTC Wrote: Oh that’s just what they do on the Riverbank.  I have seen kids tackled into their crappy visitor sidelines and through the fence.  Hapless refs from the 14th ignore it…..

To be fair…. I have seen a visiting QB be knocked into a steel fence post five yards out of bounds and his season ended at Pond Creek as well.

But was the whistle already blown ?
LISTEN CAREFULLY: BREATHITT plays dirty when they are winning. They become thugs when they are getting beat. No discipline will happen with the players.

And the state left declaring they no longer needed management!!!!

Laughable for those of us who know. The more things change; the more they remain the same.
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
  • Beetlejuice, HighViz
(08-19-2023, 01:39 AM)ROTC Wrote: LISTEN CAREFULLY:  BREATHITT plays dirty when they are winning.  They become thugs when they are getting beat.  No discipline will happen with the players. 

And the state left declaring they no longer needed management!!!!

Laughable for those of us who know. The more things change; the more they remain the same.

This guy is the best poster I’ve seen on here in years. I’m dying ?
The cheap shot on 23 Cayden Varney was terrible.
[-] The following 4 users Like bucslover68's post:
  • bcpc, pirateforlife, Waitaminute, wolfcat
(08-19-2023, 02:35 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: The cheap shot on 23 Cayden Varney was terrible.
Terrible because he has a broken leg.  There were plenty others just as terrible and thankfully nobody got hurt on those.
I’m a breathitt countian, and the program is an embarrassment. I predicted 42-6 on another thread before the game and I wasn’t off bad. At halftime I told my buddy I was sitting with the personal fouls reflect on the coaching. No excuses bhs was down right pathetic in all phases of the game. No discipline, no toughness, wrong offense for the personnel.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mountainparkway's post:
  • Beetlejuice, BoondockSaint, wolfcat
I went back and watched the first half of the game and to me it looks as if Breathitt could have scored in there red zone visits it could have been a closer game. Didn’t watch the rest. But my question is when has Belfry thrown for not 1,2,but 3 touchdowns in a game?
4 TD passes. One was a UTAH or shovel pass!

(08-19-2023, 02:40 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 02:35 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: The cheap shot on 23 Cayden Varney was terrible.
Terrible because he has a broken leg.  There were plenty others just as terrible and thankfully nobody got hurt on those.
Oh yea there were plenty!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(08-19-2023, 02:45 AM)bac2369 Wrote: I went back and watched the first half of the game and to me it looks as if Breathitt could have scored in there red zone visits it could have been a closer game. Didn’t watch the rest. But my question is when has Belfry thrown for not 1,2,but 3 touchdowns in a game?

Middle of the field was ripe.
(08-19-2023, 01:14 AM)ROTC Wrote: Oh that’s just what they do on the Riverbank.  I have seen kids tackled into their crappy visitor sidelines and through the fence.  Hapless refs from the 14th ignore it…..

If you're from Belfry and are calling officiating at Breathitt bad that is probably the funniest thing I have heard in a long while. I don't know if it has improved any since CAM opened but at the old field where some of your idiot fans would throw batteries at us on the sidelines the officiating was a joke. The 2 games I played there were the worst officiated games I ever played or coached in. We still came out 2-0.

No excuses for Breathitt tonight. I picked Belfry to win but thought it would be much closer. Breathitt has lots to work on on and off field. I would suspend everyone who had a stupid penalty for at least the 1st half of the PCC game. No place for that if you are going to be a winning program.