Betsy Layne

Jan 24th

6:30
Allen Central
Paintsville

8:15
South Floyd
Piarist

Winning teams play on Jan 25th at 6:30 and 8:30. The championship game on the 26th at 7:00
Tournament is at Betsy Layne High School
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Looks like Paintsville got the lucky draw I guess you could say. Don't know much about AC but Pville should be able to handle them and the winner of SF/Piarist.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Jan 23rd.

Phelps
Pikeville

Shelby Valley
Betsy Layne

Jan 24th

Allen Central
Paintsville

South Floyd
Piarist

Winning teams play on Jan 25th at 6:30 and 8:30. The championship game on the 26th at 7:00
Tournament is at Betsy Layne High School

Pikeville over Phelps
Shelby Valley over Betsy Layne

then Shelby Valley over Pikeville

Paintsville over Allen Central
South Floyd over Piarist

Paintsville over South Floyd

and in the Finals i think that Valley will beat Paintsville but it will be a close and very competitive game
Are SV's numbers down this year? Cause they weren't in it last year. Or is there another way they decide this.
OffTheHook Wrote:Are SV's numbers down this year? Cause they weren't in it last year. Or is there another way they decide this.

Their enrollment is down a little this year, and the All A committee has different criteria for deciding who has "A" classification than the KHSAA does for football.

As for the tournament itself, interesting that the three teams considered the favorites to take the 15th region in March are all in the All A tourney as well! Could be considered an early preview of what is to come later...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Their enrollment is down a little this year, and the All A committee has different criteria for deciding who has "A" classification than the KHSAA does for football.

As for the tournament itself, interesting that the three teams considered the favorites to take the 15th region in March are all in the All A tourney as well! Could be considered an early preview of what is to come later...

Thanks for the info.

Should be one heck of a tourney. Hopefully all the teams can stay healthy till then.
I wish this tourney was somehwere other than BL. The parkin is terrible and if Paintsville and Valley play in the finals, I don't think there will be enough seatin to accomodate the fans.
Valley wins this tourn. with no problems.
Cat Fan Wrote:Valley wins this tourn. with no problems.

They have to go thru Pikeville then Paintsville. If you think they will win both games NO PROBLEM, you're livin in a dream world. I can see Valley winnin this tourney, but it aint gonna be easy for them, Pikeville or Paintsville (who has it easy til the finals).

I hope the SV players come in with this same attitude. Cause they will be sent home early. They have to win 3 games to win it. That goes for all the teams.
SV and Paintsville in the finals...SV by 6...in this tourn.!
I could see the winner of Paintsville/Shelby Valley makin a strong run at the All "A" State Championship. Elliott County and UHA are probably the favs but I honestly think both Paint/SV have a legit shot at it.
Redneck Wrote:I could see the winner of Paintsville/Shelby Valley makin a strong run at the All "A" State Championship. Elliott County and UHA are probably the favs but I honestly think both Paint/SV have a legit shot at it.

If Valley or Paintsville plays Elliot, and the game isn't called like when Valley played at state last year, then the team against Elliot will have a great shot.
Redneck Wrote:I could see the winner of Paintsville/Shelby Valley makin a strong run at the All "A" State Championship. Elliott County and UHA are probably the favs but I honestly think both Paint/SV have a legit shot at it.
Did they cancel all the other games and just put Paintsville and Shelby Valley in the finals? I will admit that Paintsville is the favorite in the bottom bracket with Shelby Valley in the top, but the games havent been played yet.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Did they cancel all the other games and just put Paintsville and Shelby Valley in the finals? I will admit that Paintsville is the favorite in the bottom bracket with Shelby Valley in the top, but the games havent been played yet.
Just my prediction man, just like anybody else makes predictions, am I not allowed to make one. Why did you even start this thread? You knew everbody was gonna pick who they thought would win each game and the tourney.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:If Valley or Paintsville plays Elliot, and the game isn't called like when Valley played at state last year, then the team against Elliot will have a great shot.

Paintsville beat Elliott at the All "A" last year. Shelby Valley did get alot of bad calls at state or they prolly would have beat Elliott too.

No way this tournament is a walkover for any team. Valley gets the early edge as a slight favorite, but that's all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was Valley in the All A last year?
Valley and paintsville in the finals....i think paintsville win in a close one....82 to 79
SV takes this tourny hands down
JackFrost Wrote:SV takes this tourny hands down

As I just said a few posts back:

No way this tournament is a walkover for any team. Valley gets the early edge as a slight favorite, but that's all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wasn't Shelby valley in the 2A class last year?
Watchful Eye Wrote:Wasn't Shelby valley in the 2A class last year?

In football yes. Basketball Class A is a whole different story.
Redneck Wrote:In football yes. Basketball Class A is a whole different story.

Well if they were in the All A last year..who beat them out? I dont remember them playing in it.
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville beat Elliott at the All "A" last year. Shelby Valley did get alot of bad calls at state or they prolly would have beat Elliott too.

The bad calls were not the deciding factor in the loss in Rupp last year.
Cat Fan Wrote:Well if they were in the All A last year..who beat them out? I dont remember them playing in it.
Last year SV wasnt in the All A. The enrollment was to high for them to be involved.
[INDENT]
More Cowbell Wrote:As I just said a few posts back:

Yea i agree....any team could loose on any giving night.
[/INDENT]
Did their enrollment go down that much in a year?

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Last year SV wasnt in the All A. The enrollment was to high for them to be involved.
Valley will win this one hands down. No competition for them. Their too athletic for anyone to handle.
Torch Wrote:Valley will win this one hands down. No competition for them. Their too athletic for anyone to handle.

Well you just put a big ole' bullseye on their back and gave every team a quote to put on the chalk board.:Thumbs: