Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daredevil Evel Knievel dies at 69
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Evel Knievel, the red-white-and-blue-spangled motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3135532
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Evel Knievel, the red-white-and-blue-spangled motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3135532

Maybe its just another 'stunt' of his? :lmao:
Man thats horrible, he was just one of those guys you never thought would die.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I hear that man.
BC75 Wrote:Man thats horrible, he was just one of those guys you never thought would die.

That's exactly what I thought.. Sad
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:That's exactly what I thought.. Sad

Why would you think that???

Someone who drives motorcycles off the side of the grand canyon, snake river, and over las vegas??

I mean he hasn't made a jump since 1980 because he was AFRAID to die. He broke 40 bones in his 25 year career....

I have no respect for this man, and IMO, this news has came about 40 years too late.

Like it, or not. Rolleyes
He didn't die because of broken bones, he died due to failing health and complications with diabetes. He also had a liver transplant a few years back. Evel was an American icon and a stepping stone for all daredevils today including his son Robbie. Thats sad very sad you would post something like that.

ronald_reagan Wrote:Why would you think that???

Someone who drives motorcycles off the side of the grand canyon, snake river, and over las vegas??

I mean he hasn't made a jump since 1980 because he was AFRAID to die. He broke 40 bones in his 25 year career....

I have no respect for this man, and IMO, this news has came about 40 years too late.

Terrible statement to make, especially about someone who's just died.

And there's no reasoning behind it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-STAT- Wrote:He didn't die because of broken bones, he died due to failing health and complications with diabetes. He also had a liver transplant a few years back. Evel was an American icon and a stepping stone for all daredevils today including his son Robbie. Thats sad very sad you would post something like that.

I know exactly what he died from, but thanks for the education you provided.

Get over it though. I made my point, and my point is simple. I don't respect people who tempt fate and death. Its stupid, flat out.

:moon:
vundy33 Wrote:Your a *******...I think everyone should be tired of you by now.

BTW, he broke over 50 bones.

The guiness book of world records quotes it at 40. You should shoot them an email so that they can change it.. I'm sure it was just a typo. In fact, I've already corrected my version of it.... Smile
vundy33 Wrote:Your a *******...I think everyone should be tired of you by now.

BTW, he broke over 50 bones.

Also, to more correctly say it...

It would be, "You are an..." or "you're an..."

But please, don't try to reveal my identity. Thank god there's a word filter, or else I'd be 'found out'. :moon:

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that you wouldn't feel this way if you made the money that he has made as a dare devil, or the balls to do what he did. He, weither american icon or not doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that, since I'm sure he chose to die from diabetes.
TOMCAT06 Wrote:If I was a betting man, I'd bet that you wouldn't feel this way if you made the money that he has made as a dare devil, or the balls to do what he did. He, weither american icon or not doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that, since I'm sure he chose to die from diabetes.

First off, I wouldn't choose to follow in his shoes and be a 'daredevil', secondly, lack of money isn't a problem that I have.

I lost my father at a young age, and all my grandparents at a very young age. God gave us life, and death is a part of it... some more so than others.

This is a man that once said, "Kids want to be me, men want to be like me, and women want to be with me.."

I can say that I'm glad he chose to convert to christianity not long ago. Although for 68 years he chose not to... saying, that he wouldn't give up his "gold, gambling, booze, and women" for Jesus.

But he did such horrible things and let such a horrible life, I find it puzzling that we're exhalting this man as nearly Christ himself. Like he did wonderful things and touched people lives... He tried killing people, lost all of his money, abused his kids and wives, abused drugs and alcohol, served time in prison, several arrests and stays in jail, an habitual law breaker, was successfully sued by many people, didn't pay his taxes and owed the government over $4,100,000 of which he never paid due to bankruptcy, was arrested for soliciation of a prostitute (who was an undercover cop), arrested for theft, arrested for gun crimes, ect.. ect.. ect..

Look, I don't and never have respected him nor anyone else that claim to be 'death defying' marvels. This is a personal belief, and if you can't accept that... ummm... ok. No problem at all. I respect your views, as I do everyone else here. If you choose to 'respect' this man for the lifestyle he led, and you feel as if his actions motivated and led you to where you are in life, thats fine with me. For me, he was just an arrogant man that was driven by greed, girls, and drugs.

I'm done with this conversation though. I made my point, and quite successfully so.
Since no one could play nice this one is closed.
Uhm.....everyone was until....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]