Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Lose Weight, PLEASE HELP ME...
LOL...

As you can see I'm gettin pretty desperate. I need a GOOD, HEALTHY DIET to help me lose some weight. I really don't have the time to get back in the gym to exercise and workout so I need a good meal plan to help shed a few pounds, about 80 actually, lol. Those of you who know me pretty good knows that I was a goodlookin kid back in my high school days, lol, about 220 pounds to be exact while standin at 6'2". I have reached the 320 pound mark and I'm disgusted with myself. Never thought I'd see the day when I would have to buy XXL shirts. I blame Pikeville College for most of it, lol, they made me put on weight for football but I guess drinkin beer and eatin pizza and cheeseburgers wasn't what they had in mind. I could go to a weight loss clinic if I wanted to but I don't take pills of any kind, not even Tylenol for a headache. I have bad hearts and high blood pressure runnin on every side of my family. I can't afford to put on anymore weight, I have got to lose some. So if anybody has any suggestions or know of any good diets, please let know.
Well, there are all of these fad diets out there, non of which in my option help that much. One idea to start is to drink water with all of your meals. I did this the last 2 years of high school and lost 30 pounds or so. But now I have gained it all back with the beer drinking you stated, but its a good start. You take out Cokes and stuff, that removes a lot of calories and sugars from your diet. Even diet coke. Just water.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:Well, there are all of these fad diets out there, non of which in my option help that much. One idea to start is to drink water with all of your meals. I did this the last 2 years of high school and lost 30 pounds or so. But now I have gained it all back with the beer drinking you stated, but its a good start. You take out Cokes and stuff, that removes a lot of calories and sugars from your diet. Even diet coke. Just water.

I very rarely drink any pops. Mostly lemonade and diet green tea, citrus flavored. I know the beer ain't helpin at all, but I love it, could drink it like water, lol. I'm gonna make a New Years resolution to quit for a while and see how much it helps.
Redneck Wrote:I very rarely drink any pops. Mostly lemonade and diet green tea, citrus flavored. I know the beer ain't helpin at all, but I love it, could drink it like water, lol. I'm gonna make a New Years resolution to quit for a while and see how much it helps.
My suggestion would be to cut out all white breads and potatoes along with the soda and see if that helps. You should actually see a substantial weight loss.
A good lookin kid back in high school? I think something is wrong with your head, not your weight. Smile
I rarely eat breakfast, I try to eat a breakfast bar, take a vitamin and have a glass of OJ, and Ill eat beef jerky throughout the day...while your on the road, which I assume you are a lot, instead of eating out, pack a lunch, throw a turkey/chicken and cheese sandwich or two (i use mustard), some low fat chips, and usually a breakfast bar for something sweet (i like those Honey Nut Cheerios bars), with a Propel Water...and when you get home try to eat stuff like baked chicken (I use shake n bake bbq), some vegetables (insert green beans, lol), and a slice of garlic bread..thats typically what I try to eat..but my problem is, that I dont get home until around midnight, so normally Im starving, and Ill eat some Chunkys soup with a peanut butter sandwich, and take it straight to bed, lol..It sucks man, I work my butt off at the mines, eat when I have to, and do good to stay even, ..face it man, God put us on earth to be fatboys, lol...my natural body weight is between 225 and 235. Anything under 225 I look like a skeleton..Im comfortable around 250 though..which is where I wouldnt mind staying..of course Im 6'3 too though..but hopefully that helped somewhat. May not lose a pound, but you shouldnt gain any either....if your ever through Jenkins, me and PB5 built an awesome weightroom in what once was my moms garage, lol..
use some of the methods that people have been saying on here. but really get into a routine of working out. Walking, lifting anything that will help you lose some water weight which then will help you begin burning some fat at the same time. Alot of the times dieting is not the answer, its more stop drinking the beer and eating fast food and begin eating baked chips eating some turkey and suck eat alot of wheat bread rather then white. Eat baked chicken rather then fried. The key is not to go on a low carb or anything to that effect that does more damage then good. Its more cut back on everything and add more healty foods in while walking a mile a day or something what ever best fits you. You just have to have the will and i think you do just put ppl in front of you that will help you to stay on task. :-) You can do it. Just keep your mind on it and make everything daily don't go a day with out doing it b/c once you do the temptations will take over.
Pickle-princess Wrote:My suggestion would be to cut out all white breads and potatoes along with the soda and see if that helps. You should actually see a substantial weight loss.

I usaually eat wheat bread. Cut out my TATERS :eek:.
BCF4L Wrote:A good lookin kid back in high school? I think something is wrong with your head, not your weight. Smile

:thatsfunn
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I rarely eat breakfast, I try to eat a breakfast bar, take a vitamin and have a glass of OJ, and Ill eat beef jerky throughout the day...while your on the road, which I assume you are a lot, instead of eating out, pack a lunch, throw a turkey/chicken and cheese sandwich or two (i use mustard), some low fat chips, and usually a breakfast bar for something sweet (i like those Honey Nut Cheerios bars), with a Propel Water...and when you get home try to eat stuff like baked chicken (I use shake n bake bbq), some vegetables (insert green beans, lol), and a slice of garlic bread..thats typically what I try to eat..but my problem is, that I dont get home until around midnight, so normally Im starving, and Ill eat some Chunkys soup with a peanut butter sandwich, and take it straight to bed, lol..It sucks man, I work my butt off at the mines, eat when I have to, and do good to stay even, ..face it man, God put us on earth to be fatboys, lol...my natural body weight is between 225 and 235. Anything under 225 I look like a skeleton..Im comfortable around 250 though..which is where I wouldnt mind staying..of course Im 6'3 too though..but hopefully that helped somewhat. May not lose a pound, but you shouldnt gain any either....if your ever through Jenkins, me and PB5 built an awesome weightroom in what once was my moms garage, lol..

I rarely eat fast food when I'm on the road (which is all the time). I try to eat Subway (but it's hard to find one in the some of the places I go), turkey on wheat with lett, tom, green peppers, onions and spicy mustard with regular baked lays and a Lite Lemonade OR I will stop in a gas station and get a turkey or ham sandwich, bag of chips and a diet green tea.
I had the same problem you had. Keep in mind that all the diets work. I tried Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and lost 70lbs in about 10 wks. After the first week it is easy. You will not want to eat all the food you are allowed. Good Luck!
lawrencefan Wrote:I had the same problem you had. Keep in mind that all the diets work. I tried Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and lost 70lbs in about 10 wks. After the first week it is easy. You will not want to eat all the food you are allowed. Good Luck!

Mom keeps tellin me to go on Weight Watchers. I know it works it's just I LOVE food, lol. The first week or two is always the hardest but I gotta buckle down and get my mind set on losin.
stay away from fast food... duh... nah there somethings u can have but purchase from inside you get the exercise that way.. I would think Salads less calories, less carbohydrates try to stay away from pop drink milk water gatorade orange juice
NotoriousBIG Wrote:stay away from fast food... duh... nah there somethings u can have but purchase from inside you get the exercise that way.. I would think Salads less calories, less carbohydrates try to stay away from pop drink milk water gatorade orange juice

I don't eat fast foods...
BCF4L Wrote:A good lookin kid back in high school? I think something is wrong with your head, not your weight. Smile

haha, nice one.
I would try pre-portioning my meals. Once its gone, its gone. Drink lots of water, when in the hotel crank out some crunches and push-ups since you can't get back in the gym. When you get hungry put in a piece of gum, a chew of Grizzly, or suck on a piece of candy.
You need to look into a low carb, high protein -- "Atkins-Lite" program. Also pay attention to the glycemic index (good carb/bad carb) of what you eat. A high fiber diet is also good. But what you need more than anything, is something you say you have no time for. Exercise. You need a strong heart more than a healthy diet IMO. Exercise (aerobic) will also increase metabolism and cause your body to burn more calories, especially during rest.

There's also a number of safe supplements to take. Chromium Picolonate, diuerecitcs (wow, i didn't spell that right! lol), ect.
simple dont eat
Cut off one of your legs!!!
The Guru Wrote:Cut off one of your legs!!!

I gotta have both legs and feet to work and race. That leaves me with the "other" leg and NOPE:dontthink , Gotta have that one too for personal reasons Big Grin .
Well for goodness sakes Redneck! Look, this thread has about cracked me up... you know what to do. Everyone has given you good advice... except The Guru.... and you know him!
1.cut out carbonated. Drink water
2.Take a vitamin (centrum)
3.Do try to cut carbs... especially potatoes
4.Cut out fried foods
5.PORTION CONTROL
6.Exercise (don't try to kill yourself)
7. Oooorrrrr Weight Watchers. You know what wonderful things it did for your Mimi and sister!
8.YOU AND THE BEER.... YOU CUT THAT OUT AND YOU'LL SEE A MARKED IMPROVEMENT!
9.Get a buddy to diet with you.. your competitive nature will kick in!
10.Set goals and treat yourself everytime you attain one!
You can do this and not starve to death... remember losing about 2 pounds a week is realistic. You didn't get to be 320 overnight & it's gonna take some time and discipline. Take Care & Good Luck!
Redneck Wrote:That leaves me with the "other" leg and NOPE:dontthink , Gotta have that one too for personal reasons Big Grin .
Unless you have no hands. If you don't have any hands, then no, you don't need that "other" leg. Smile
Lisa Douglas Wrote:8.YOU AND THE BEER.... YOU CUT THAT OUT AND YOU'LL SEE A MARKED IMPROVEMENT!

:eek:

What are you trying to do to him???

He wants to lose weight, not sanity.
Big Grin Wink :
Hey... if he just "picks one" and stays with it... he'll see improvement!Smile I love him like he's one of mine... but he knows what he needs to do and I just wish he'd enlist The Guru to be his competition... but what with The guru wanting him to cut off a leg.... you can see how much help he would be!Wink
Be well rested, eat breakfast of a morning, do some sort of physical activity in the morning too to get your metabolism started....like you said, continue to drink plenty of water....portion control is the main thing, when you're on the road and go out to eat, ask for a box when your food gets there...put some in the box to keep from eating it and just save it for later....also, don't eat late at nights....usually past 9 because the metab. begins to slow down.....
BCF4L Wrote:Unless you have no hands. If you don't have any hands, then no, you don't need that "other" leg. Smile

:lmao: This one made me cry I laughed so hard man. Your first comment in this thread cracked me up but this one is great. You ***hole, lol.
Redneck Wrote::lmao: This one made me cry I laughed so hard man. Your first comment in this thread cracked me up but this one is great. You ***hole, lol.
Big Grin

I would give you some weight loss advice, but unfortunately I weigh about 30 more pounds now than I did in high school, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. Smile
You guys are too cute! Why don't you and Irish4 get together and come up with a plan!?!
BCF4L Wrote:Big Grin

I would give you some weight loss advice, but unfortunately I weigh about 30 more pounds now than I did in high school, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. Smile

I wish I was just 30 pounds heavier from high school weight.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:You guys are too cute! Why don't you and Irish4 get together and come up with a plan!?!

We've been talkin. Gonna start workin out again when he's home for Christmas break.