Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region summer ball updates?
Breathitt county left the Miller Lofton in Lexington with 4 big wins over Tates Creek, Nicholas County, Henry Clay, and Paris winning all games by 20+ other than beating Tates Creek by 8 after leading by 20. Seems that Perry is struggling with injuries, eligibility and just getting players to show up. I’ve heard a few teams aren’t even participating this summer. Real setback. How’s it looking in your guys eyes this upcoming season.

Powell adds flinchum, that puts them atop the 56th but I’m not sure where they stand in the region due to inexperience on the players and coaching staff.

Knott adds Huff that should make them preseason top 3 easily with a great addition like that. 

Not sure about hazard. They return 2 starters and will have Combs and Johnson stepping up into bigger roles but is it enough? If anybody can make it enough it’s Al Holland.

Breathitts kids seem to be up to the challenge, stepping up and filling the holes that was left due to graduating 5 seniors off a regional championship team. 6’6 Gross and rebounding machine braxton terry are owning the paint, I foresee them presenting some matchup problems for any team. Knockdown shooters Jaxon Hamilton, Payton Collins and Aaron stallard and their game compliments the play making abilities of Sperry and Bellamy really well. I look for the Bobcats to be right in the mix again this year.
Waiting to see who, if any, Breathitt, Perry, Knott & Hazard add to the mix before getting too invested into the upcoming season. Breathitt has a solid chance to repeat though.
“Harlan County guard Trent Noah hit nine 3-pointers in a 43-point effort as the Bears downed Hazard 75-63 on Tuesday.”

“Harlan County dominated all the way in an 89-50 rout of Perry Central in the opening scrimmage.”

Per John Henson of the HDE
Hard to judge Perry right now without Beverly, Slone, and Castle. Last time I saw them play they didn't have either of them playing.
Summer Ball isn’t indicative of much with vacations and other sports dragging players away. Hard to tell much until the dust settles in the Fall.  It does provide valuable minutes for players to work on their skill.
(06-14-2023, 12:58 PM)TopSportsFan23 Wrote: Summer Ball isn’t indicative of much with vacations and other sports dragging players away. Hard to tell much until the dust settles in the Fall.  It does provide valuable minutes for players to work on their skill.
I agree with this. Many teams don’t have complete rosters. Also, coaches like to experiment with different situations and work on a few things, and get a look at all their kids. It’s totally different from the actual season when it gets real.
Watched Knott beat Pikeville earlier this week. Don't know if that means anything or if Pikeville had kids missing. But Knott looked good.
Powell looked pretty good in summer ball. They had a three to take it to overtime against Knott I believe. And best hazard who had some familiar faces out there but sure it will change. The issue with that team is two of their seniors and if they can play team ball. If they can, they have a good shot. If not, I forsee some things won’t last long.
knott is the favorite with huff, and perry a close second but theres, 4-5 teams that canb win it all in the 14th, we will just have to wait until after football to see what happens with transfersn injuries and things
My guess is the rankings will go like this in top five - Perry, Breathitt, Knott, Hazard and Letcher